[REPORTED]Exported display dark

Hi all,

I have merged all the threads here so we can take a closer look at this, it does not seem to be related to one module specifically but to the export process itself. I will ask the team for feedback.

thank you

thank you for replying, holpe that they have a solution.

thanks

Hi all,

I have merged all the threads here so we can take a closer look at this, it does not seem to be related to one module specifically but to the export process itself. I will ask the team for feedback.

thank you

Here is a short video of the problem.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same problem here.

Additionally the day/night-settings seem to have no effect on my dsiplays (neither main screen nor exported).

Only flying the F-18C so no idea about other modules.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

+1, I have the feeling it got even worse with the last patches. Only checked with the Hornet module. Would be great if this will be solved as I cannot even see any green lines or writings on the HSI if the map is on.....similar with the FLIR.

Edited by xoxen

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

Looked at it a bit more: What seems to happen for me is that all day/night- and brightness-settings get applied to the exported displays only.

Should be the other way around at best. Unaffected exports, working dimming on the mainscreen-display.

Flying at night is really a pain atm.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Gonna add a bumb here too.

NVG-Ops are close to impossible with all lights in the pit on Mega-Bright.

It would be awesome to hear a word about that issue after this considerable amount of time since being reported...

TY guys and have some nice holidays!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Something has changed:

Now the in-game displays are dimable. Unfortunately the external screens still also get dimmed. And to an ammount that they are black while you can still read them in-game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2020 at 12:47 PM, OpticalOpal said:

Brightness = 100%; (then you can change to 150 or 80 depending of other variables.)

Anyone tried this?

I did but this time DCS won't see the monitor lua file, because (probably) something is wrong with bright command I guess.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

17 hours ago, Devrim said:

Anyone tried this?

I did but this time DCS won't see the monitor lua file, because (probably) something is wrong with bright command I guess.

I don't think that is in there, he was just making a suggestion.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's heading for its 2nd birthday...

Sorry...

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm going to bring this back alive now as this issue still exists. Has anyone found a way to resolve? I'm playing Harrier at the moment and my screens look totally different when exported. e.g. the white hot and black hot views are totally different and one of them (I can't remember which of top of head) is completely unusable when exported. Greens don't seem to get fed through to the exported screen properly in TV modes etc.  From all of above it seems this is a known issue for a few years but no fixes yet?

i7-13700k | nVidia 3080 Ti | 64GB RAM

VKB MCG Ultimate stick with old Sidewinder FFB2 as well |  Warthog Throttle | TrackIR

FC3 | F/A-18C | F-5e | Harrier | KA-50 | Spitfire

• 3 weeks later...

@BIGNEWY You said 2 years ago that you looked into this. Is it still on the list or was it quietly put aside? The problem still exist, and it exists for a lot of people (Basically anybody who can afford a second monitor and the cougar MFDs, but also the people who bought the expensive MFD set from winwing).

Please tell us if this is a confirmed problem, and that you are working on it, or at least that it is on the todo list.