RED FLAG 14NOV2020

TIGER

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[uSER=65816][TIGER][/uSER]

20:00 Zulu for Event start is okay. But what's with briefeing and test times? There are still 18:00, 18:30 etc in the description. Will these times stay so or are they also changed for 1 hour later? That makes confused.

1 hour later.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

CA

Disappointing.

[uSER=65816][TIGER][/uSER] All seeing CA GCI on RedFlag? Better to not have it then.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Disappointing.

[uSER=65816][TIGER][/uSER] All seeing CA GCI on RedFlag? Better to not have it then.

I'll get in touch with Tiger about that. I think it's because the GCI will also have access to ground units, especially the SA-15. A player can turn off and on the radar plus sneak around which makes it more challenging for those who perform SEAD. But you have a point there.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Well if you go for 80ties solution, then you should have mentioned that before. Fillig the slots and then pulling a move like that, and have all the f16 that are signed up for the a2a role being pants down with aim9 only, well, dick move. Sorry to say so. 14th VFS Samurais will talk about it tomorrow if we continue to participate in Red Flag. Uncool move, all I can say. F14 still have the Aim7 to fight with, so not a biggy that they can not use the aim54. They should have enough support form the F16 and F18 to make some lills without their telephonebox sized missiles

Disappointing.

No. you dont see all in CA(Tactical commander/JTAC) slots. there are specific settings for that.

http://104thphoenix.com/ "Failure Is Not An Option" - Online Combat Simulation Since 1997

www.youtube.com/user/AntonioGR201 www.twitch.tv/104th_Tiger www.facebook.com/TIGER.GR.Tiger/

Discord: 104th_Tiger#1883

Well if you go for 80ties solution, then you should have mentioned that before. Fillig the slots and then pulling a move like that, and have all the f16 that are signed up for the a2a role being pants down with aim9 only, well, dick move. Sorry to say so. 14th VFS Samurais will talk about it tomorrow if we continue to participate in Red Flag. Uncool move, all I can say. F14 still have the Aim7 to fight with, so not a biggy that they can not use the aim54. They should have enough support form the F16 and F18 to make some lills without their telephonebox sized missiles

running all possible scenarios. and weapons limitations. I can either do an early 90's scenario that AIM-120B exist. I will decide in the next few hours.

Today there is also AIRBOSS AND GCI BRIEFING & PLANNING: 11NOV2020 19:00z in 104th Teamspeak (password: phoenix) . we can discus alternatives.

I am adjusting the mission again to have all slots now and it will be a mission testing at 12 NOV 2020 20:00z I will open a server with name "104th Server EVENT TEST"

S!

http://104thphoenix.com/ "Failure Is Not An Option" - Online Combat Simulation Since 1997

www.youtube.com/user/AntonioGR201 www.twitch.tv/104th_Tiger www.facebook.com/TIGER.GR.Tiger/

Redfor Aggressor side:

51st PVO

2x Mig-29S

2x Su-27

100 KIAP

4xSu-33

I would like to have the names who will fly to add it in mission.

Thank you in advance S!

I believe you missed the fact this mission was planned well over the last month or so, and the latest patch which released within the last week broke the Phoenix's RWR behavior.. basically making them untrackable till impact. This is not the fault of the mission makers. The 80s fox one only scenario was a quick fix idea thrown around, but failed the take into account the 16's lack of fox 1 capability.

Если проблема только в баге фениксов? Почему бы просто не исключить F-14 из этого ивента? И не нужно балансить весь остальной список. Другой вариант - провести ивент с багом фениксов. Ни чего страшного в этом нет. Сделайте ограничение в 2/4/6 F-14 и только полным экипажем. В качестве предложения.

Machine translation:

If the problem is only in the Phoenix bug? Why not just exclude the F-14 from this event? And you don't need to balance the rest of the list. Another option is to hold an event with the Phoenix bug. There's nothing wrong with that. Make a limit of 2/4/6 F-14s and only full crew. As a proposal.

Well, we were preparing to go in Fox 1s/2s only, after the bug happened, anyway, but fighting with Fox 1s in a Fox 3 enviroment is not going to be optimal. Not to mention that my RIO is now pretty much out of a job. So we certainly take no pleasure in the situation, but I'd be happy to switch to a Viper if my RIO also gets a slot in the order that we signed up in. Btw there is only 6 Tomcats signed up on blue. Ultimately, my suggestion would be to postpone 1 week in the hope that the Nov 18 patch fixes the issue, but we will abide by what the 104th decides to do.

An 80s F-16 in the USAF wouldn’t have Fox 1 capability anyways, they would be slinging Sidewinders like the original Lightweight Fighter concept. So far as I know only a handful of F-16s in US service got Sparrow capability with the Air Defense Fighter variant for the Air National Guard and I don’t think that even happened until very late 80s or early 90s. All that to say, it’s actually completely reasonable to keep the Fox 3s out even if the Vipers are left with heaters only, they’re only going to be outranged by a couple miles and it’s pretty easy to see and defend a Fox 1 at max range. It’ll be cool to have the dogfighters complimenting the longer range stuff. I think that’s the best way to move forward in light of the problem we’re dealing with.

Going to have to withdraw my entry for this one.

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

On the second post

Roster is Updated

Mission file is updated with the current roster.

My thoughts are to keep ONLY AIM-120B in limited numbers. and all warehouses will be in early 90's edition. limited number of weapons as it is in real life.

Unfortunately there was not hotfix for the AIM-54 so i have to remove them because it will be a turkey shoot. I cannot force anyone to change from F-16 to F/A-18.

BLUE SIDE has

13 x F-16C / 5 x F-14B / 7 x F/A-18C / 1 x AV-8B / 1 x JF-17 / 1 x SU-27

RED SIDE has

8 x F/A-18C / 4 x SU-33 / 2 x SU-27 / 2 x MiG-29S / 4 x F-16C

S!

;n7135605]On the second post

Roster is Updated

My thoughts are to keep ONLY AIM-120B in limited numbers. and all warehouses will be in early 90's edition. limited number of weapons as it is in real life.

Unfortunately there was not hotfix for the AIM-54 so i have to remove them because it will be a turkey shoot. I cannot force anyone to change from F-16 to F/A-18.

BLUE SIDE has

RED SIDE has

8 x F/A-18C / 4 x SU-33 / 2 x SU-27 / 2 x MiG-29S / 5 x F-16C

S!

Just one last question, is this going to impact Russian equipment at all? IE, will they be limited to R/T or will they get ER/ET and 77s as well? Not a complaint, just curious.

;n7135605]On the second post

Roster is Updated

BLUE SIDE has

RED SIDE has

8 x F/A-18C / 4 x SU-33 / 2 x SU-27 / 2 x MiG-29S / 5 x F-16C

S!

Tiger, I appreciate the effort to continue the event in the 80´s/90's configuration, on behalf of the Tomcat Pilots, but, if this goes on, please give me an F18, the JF17 will be useless without the ability to carry out SD/LD-10 platforms. Best Regards bro.

Just to clarify:

Red has 21 Fighters

Blue has 27 Fighters (22 if you exclude F14s)

But Red has 2 lives whereas Blue has 1?

RED Changed to one life. that's why i increased the red from 16 to 20.

At 20:00z 12NOV2020 I will open server with name "104th Server EVENT TEST" for mission testing. Feel free to join the test run.

S!

• Like 1