Placing a camera inside a Vehicle (No CA and no free camera)

I can help with this. Send me a pm.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 3 months later...
On 2/5/2021 at 9:59 AM, SgtNickElis said:

Hi,
Any news on that camera position?
I am interested in making an aerial refueling video with the classic view from the boom controller's position.

EDIT:
No need! Found it!

And i´m interested in put the view camera in a vehicle so i can sit in VR inside the vehicle unti the AI drives it for the waypoint i want. It´s possible? can you share what you found?

Thank you all,

Best regards.

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb fagulha:

And i´m interested in put the view camera in a vehicle so i can sit in VR inside the vehicle unti the AI drives it for the waypoint i want. It´s possible? can you share what you found?

Thank you all,

Best regards.

F.

one methode is to change the Driver sight position:

go to:

C:\DCS_World_OpenBeta\CoreMods\tech\TechWeaponPack\Database\vehicles\Tanks

or

C:\DCS_World_OpenBeta\Scripts\Database\vehicles\Tanks

there you find lua files like "T-55.lua"

wride in the script

GT.driverViewConnectorName = {"DRIVER_POINT", offset = {0.05, 0.0, 0.0}}

to

GT.driverViewConnectorName = {"DRIVER_POINT", offset = {0.05, 3.0, 0.8}}

this change the Driver sight position, find your position when you try diffrent coordinates

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Veteran66 said:

one methode is to change the Driver sight position:

go to:

C:\DCS_World_OpenBeta\CoreMods\tech\TechWeaponPack\Database\vehicles\Tanks

or

C:\DCS_World_OpenBeta\Scripts\Database\vehicles\Tanks

there you find lua files like "T-55.lua"

wride in the script

GT.driverViewConnectorName = {"DRIVER_POINT", offset = {0.05, 0.0, 0.0}}

to

GT.driverViewConnectorName = {"DRIVER_POINT", offset = {0.05, 3.0, 0.8}}

this change the Driver sight position, find your position when you try diffrent coordinates

Thank you for your quick reply/help.

Will do when arrive home!

Regards,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.