EA-6 Intruder

spidierox

Well, would love to see the EA-6 Intruder introduced to DCS as a high fidelity model, where AI can be modeled like JESTER with the F14 or another pilot.

ECW should also be availlable then. Would perfectly match vietnam F4, F14, mig21 era as well as more modern theaters like middle east campaign (gulf wars) as it was still used there.

You must have been out of the loop for while. At the moment Heatblur is making an AI A-6 Intruder model with the intention of turning it into a high fidelity module when they finish wrapping up the F-14A and if they can get the necessarily data and license to do it. So once an Indruder gets done then there could possibly be a chance of there being an EA-6 Prowler variant in the future if the stars line up right. By the way I recommend changing the title of your thread to: EA-6 Prowler to avoid confusion.

Check out this page for the latest info and discussions on the A6.

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/englis...ur-simulations

We MIGHT get an A-6 intruder from Heatblur, but nothing is confirmed. Although the hints seem to be a little more optimistic lately. The EA-6 is the Prowler though and an electronic warfare aircraft. With the current state of EW in DCS we won't be seeing any EW planes in the meaningful future.

Personally, with EW in the state its in (only noise jamming/range denial), I don't see much point in a full-fidelity EW aircraft module. As an AI aircraft though? Sure go for it.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

We MIGHT get an A-6 intruder from Heatblur, but nothing is confirmed. Although the hints seem to be a little more optimistic lately. ...

Really? That is great to hear. I was afraid Heatblur would maybe take a step back from DCS, now that they have that other project they are involved in.

The A-6 is such a great aircraft!!!

EW systems are some of the most highly-classified out there , even relatively old ones . A6 ? Sure . EA6 not so much .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

EW systems are some of the most highly-classified out there , even relatively old ones . A6 ? Sure . EA6 not so much .

Yeah, that too.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.