VKBSIM - What gives?

Dangerzone

I have - Daisy told me AliExpress was good to go!? She didn't mention it sucking kangaroo balls...

Hey Joe. Can you please let me know the last you've heard from VKBSim via email? The last correspondence I've had was November the 2nd. I've sent two emails since with no reply. (I don't want to keep sending through emails spamming up their inbox if it's just a matter of being backlogged, but I'd like to know if you've been getting communication since so I know if my emails have been missed and I should send through another).

I last heard from them on 5th Nov, basically saying Ali-express was all good - their words were "Yes, before our adjustment for ali-express shop, we don't recommend clients to order through it. But now everything is ok, our ali-express shop works normally. Please place the order through our ali-express shop."

I said thanks, but haven't placed an order yet - other spending priorities have come up!

I last heard from them on 5th Nov, basically saying Ali-express was all good - their words were "Yes, before our adjustment for ali-express shop, we don't recommend clients to order through it. But now everything is ok, our ali-express shop works normally. Please place the order through our ali-express shop."

I said thanks, but haven't placed an order yet - other spending priorities have come up!

Thanks Joe. So basically no outstanding reply for you then - just me.

As mentioned, I'm happy to try A.E. again - I just want confirmation first, and to know that if I hit trouble I'm going to be able to get to communicate with someone before Ali Express automatically cancels the order again. It's just not looking promising though at this stage... :(

Aussies, if you want to buy our goods, please don't do it through Aliexpress. EU dealer serves Japan as well as he serves the EU, and there is no reason he wouldn't serve your area until we finally open a dealership in your country.

Hi AeroGator,

Just letting you know that I got an email back this morning for the email I sent in October to the EU store. The email says:

I am sorry for the late response. Unfortunately we do not sell to Australia anymore. Please, contact the HQ via

Just FYI - buying through Europe is also not an option for us Aussies.

I also received an email from Daisy overnight (it appears as though she sent one earlier but never arrived). She's advised me to buy now through AliExpress and pay using paypal too - the same as Joe. I've finally been able to make payment through ali-express (after a false start and errors on ali-express earlier today) and have emailed Daisy the order number.

Thanks for your support AeroGator - it's been greatly appreciated.

I purchased a VKB Gladiator NXT from Aliexpress VKB Store for delivery to regional QLD last week. Paid via Paypal at checkout and delivery arrived in just under 7 days from placement of order.

Seems they have issues sorted out for Aliexpress VKB Store for Aussie customers.

Freight is a bit expensive but given the global situation, I guess the prices have been bumped up a bit. It was the fastest I have ever got anything dispatched out of China ever.

Happy Camper :thumbup:

• Like 2

I purchased a VKB Gladiator NXT from Aliexpress VKB Store for delivery to regional QLD last week. Paid via Paypal at checkout and delivery arrived in just under 7 days from placement of order.

Seems they have issues sorted out for Aliexpress VKB Store for Aussie customers.

Freight is a bit expensive but given the global situation, I guess the prices have been bumped up a bit. It was the fastest I have ever got anything dispatched out of China ever.

Happy Camper :thumbup:

Great to hear HC. I've ordered again on AliExpress - and it seems as though it's been shipped - if your experience is anything to go by - I should have mine hear this coming week. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Joe Lighty Just another update.

I've received the product! :-)

I do need to report though that it still wasn't completely smooth sailing with AliExpress sorry to say.

The address on the parcel was formatted incorrectly. It had the street number at the 'end' of the company name instead of on the next line, and it confused the local Fedex courier and the shipment went into error without me being notified by FedEx. I had to chase them up and sort things out (and I only knew to do this because I was paranoid tracking the shipment via Fedex's website).

ie: if the address was:

Danger Zone

My Business Name

123 Main St

Metro, 3000

AUSTRALIA

It was listed on the shipping as:

Danger Zone

My Business Name 123

Main St

Metro, 3000

AUSTRALIA

(Not my real address of course ;) )

The courier just saw Main St, didn't have a clue on the address, and just let the parcel go into error. It was only that I was tracking the parcel, saw it onboard for delivery and then go back to the depot, and the status changed to a red (!) on the status and nothing fixed the day after that, that I knew something was up and decided in the end to make some calls and follow it up with FedEx. (Not sure what would have happened if I didn't - if it would have been returned to China or not)?

Either way - product arrived (yay!) but my suggestion is if ordering via AliExpress - watch the tracking like a hawk and be ready to be proactive incase the labelling is wrong. (Not sure if it would be smoother if I wasn't delivering to a business address)?

As for the unit itself - I'm very impressed with the build and the way it functions! It was worth the effort to push through and get it! I've come from the CH PRO series and feel I have extra control over the precision, and it's nice to have my heels resting on the ground and just use my toes (even if it's not fully realistic - it's nicer on my aging back). :)

Just don't let Ali-Express price fool you. Might be $215USD to buy, but by the time I finished processing it was around $300USD after adding in freight, and GST. ;)

Thanks for taking the time to provide an update - interesting regarding the GST - I've never yet had to pay that on an imported item. Do you think you were just unlucky, or did Fedex collect it automatically on behalf of Customs??

IIRC it was done by AliExpress during the checkout stage. Aus government now has GST applied automatically to the larger sales. (Ebay, Steam, etc - it would make sense that it's the same with AliExpress too)...

• 1 month later...

Just reporting back - I've been so impressed with the T-Rudders, I've gone out and splashed cash on the Modern Combat Grip III unit from VKB.

Very pleased to say that the process was silky smooth through AliExpress (although knowing that VKB USA respond to emails for their AliExpress order was a nice comfort to have as a fallback - but it wasn't needed).

Purchased Dec-17, arrived on my doorstep today (29th) . Not bad considering we had 2 weekends, and 2 public holidays in those 12 days! (Looks like I would have received on the 25th if it wasn't for Christmas). 

• Like 1