The Glorious F14A

Victory205

Has anyone heard any words? I mean the latest promise is October, which is soon over. There was the RWR update, but since then I haven't heard anything. Only the B sound overhaul.

No news other than hinting at the next update being "a monster". Plus, there was no way for them to push anything in October given that we haven't had any patch from ED....

Anyone know what skins they will come with?

I could tell you, but then i'd have to kill you...and i'd get the boot from the testers team which it's a real honor.

And i'm not an expert like Victory205, but he is right, HB are geniuses, and the "A" feels and sounds amazing

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"

And the Tomcat in the video is a high viz 80s VF-84 jet, which may not be a coincidence :P

And there might be one less to guess then, i guess :thumbup: :music_whistling:

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"

I cannot believe that the developers at Heatblur had the F14A performance right on the money, right out of the box.

There is a reason I refer to them as "The Geniuses". I'm still sitting here gobsmacked...

There is a special place in hell for the brave......AND the teasers!

Going around making other people wet their pants is a crime in some countries ya know!!! :D

EDIT: how does one multi-quote on this new "advanced" mobile friendly forum?

• Like 1

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

I cannot believe that the developers at Heatblur had the F14A performance right on the money, right out of the box.

There is a reason I refer to them as "The Geniuses". I'm still sitting here gobsmacked...

Thank you so much for the time you have put in to make this more realistic! We really appreciate it :)

I could tell you, but then i'd have to kill you...and i'd get the boot from the testers team which it's a real honor.

And i'm not an expert like Victory205, but he is right, HB are geniuses, and the "A" feels and sounds amazing

how badly does the reduced power affect the sustained turn rate?

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

Monster patch is coming. That's all what we know today, unfortunately.

No unequivocal signs of presence of F-14A and/or the Forrestal in the next patch. ...but hopefully there will be.

not true

someone on this forum a week ago speculating said 'well we wont get it oct the next patch isnt until nov 4. It must be then'

a HB staff member sent him a mensa link with a winky emoji

its the 4th

id put money on it

As far as the skins go, I hope they don't go with too many of the early paint jobs (think late 70's). As far as I have heard this "A" is contemporary with our "B" (using the Lantirn and such), so I'm hoping for some early to mid 90's looks (before a bunch of squadrons were deactivated..VF-114 Aardvarks, VF-33 Starfighters VF-51 Screaming Eagles, VF-154 Black Knights would all be good to see (plus any others of course)

I'm actually on the opposite side of the spectrum. Had about enough of dull greys. Want me some bright and lively 70's and early 80's paint jobs! :D

• Like 3

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

how badly does the reduced power affect the sustained turn rate?

Depends on altitude and load, but generally about 1/2 a degree to 1 degree at its peak. It's the Other excess power curves (non Ps=0) that widely diverge from the B. Especially bellow 400 or so knots. You'll definitely feel it if you try to regain energy by unloading the aircraft. In a dive though, they are virtually the same.

• Like 1

not true

someone on this forum a week ago speculating said 'well we wont get it oct the next patch isnt until nov 4. It must be then'

a HB staff member sent him a mensa link with a winky emoji

its the 4th

id put money on it

It's already a second assumption you got wrong about me. This one I have to debunk. About the first I didn't care. I hereby state that I am not HB stuff member and the mensa joke was apparently not funny to everyone as it got deleted. Yet I'm pretty sure we'll get A next week :)

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Ok fair nuff. Apologies.

yourbhandle says dcs ground crew so I assumed you def know more than we do. You also inadvertendly have saidnthings a tester or member would only know.

*regardless* im.willing to wager 50 dollars to anyone that its released the 4th.

and yes theres a way online to deposit.the money on both sides so no one can renege.

Sry drac - you CAN see how your statement would have been misinterpreted?

I'm actually on the opposite side of the spectrum. Had about enough of dull greys. Want me some bright and lively 70's and early 80's paint jobs! :D

Exactly. '70s and early '80s colorfull muscle flexing like from Vietnam are my way to go. Dull gray Tomcat loses some part of his visula sexappeal.

And '70s - '80s Tomcats were top tier birst of prey when '90 and later, without mdern NCTR IFF, Link16, AMRAAM (and proper purpose anymore) - F-14 was just a remnant of its former glory and close to retirement.

That's how Tomcats painting was changing through the years:

http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-detail-colours.htm

'70s - '80s Tomcats were top tier birst of prey when '90 and later, without mdern NCTR IFF, Link16, AMRAAM (and proper purpose anymore) - F-14 was just a remnant of its former glory and close to retirement.

The F-14D of 2006 was extremely capable and effective and not at all a "remnant of it's former glory".....but since we're talking about the "A", I just think that some of the late 70's paint scheme's are a bit ugly..but to each there own :smilewink:

'70s - '80s Tomcats were top tier birst of prey when '90 and later, without mdern NCTR IFF, Link16, AMRAAM (and proper purpose anymore) - F-14 was just a remnant of its former glory and close to retirement.

The F-14D of 2006 was extremely capable and effective and not at all a "remnant of it's former glory".....but since we're talking about the "A", I just think that some of the late 70's paint scheme's are a bit ugly..but to each there own :smilewink:

Oh yes, D was still capable but we don't have D in DCS.

And it was only 37 planes + 18 modified out of A. They planed to upgrade the whole fleet to D standard but USSR collapsed and there was no point of upgrade (or even maintaining the rest of F-14 fleet really) and everything gone.