[RESOLVED] The kneeboard doesn't work again.

ASW

The kneeboard doesn't work again.Yesterday it worked, but today there are a lot of yellow lines in the settings instead of a few white lines. The screenshot says " Different actions have the same descriptions!" Perhaps this information will help you and us figure out what the problem is. kneeboard.thumb.jpg.1128f5ea5c4a4ebaf20072925776175b.jpg

GreyCat_SPb

• 1 month later...
  • RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [RESOLVED] The kneeboard doesn't work again.

Sometimes the kneeboard still stops working and "yellow lines" appear in the settings. But I found how to treat it! it is necessary to start any training mission, for example, "refueling short version" and the kneeboard starts working properly.

GreyCat_SPb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Same problem appears to my end. It solves itself after deleting the input files in "C:\Users\YOUR USER\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\AV8BNA\keyboard" or if I just delete the commands and redo them in DCS menu. Second option Does not work all the time.

Yellow double commands appear when there are multiple conflicting config files I suppose and sometimes they get re-"aligned" by the above mentioned ways.

I have noticed that inside DCS game folder in  \DCS World\Config\Input there are 2 files that create commands for kneeboard:

1:
K:\DCS World\Config\Input\Aircrafts\base_keyboard_binding.lua

and

K:\DCS World\Config\Input\Aircrafts\Common\keyboard\default.lua

These commands are read by each module it seems to create their own profile inside the game but each module should presumably read only one of the two files or create one single coherent output after reading both.

This process somehow and sometimes fails!

The files in 
C:\Users\YOUR USER\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\AV8BNA\keyboard do not store conflicting information about the keyboard commands when the bug appears. Meaning when the problem is present that file is not having any duplicates or conflicting duplicates in it upon inspection, however the bug disappears when the file is deleted presumably because the game is forced to read again the default files and make a new profile.

Also

The files present in:
DCS World\Mods\aircraft\AV8BNA\Input\AV8BNA\keyboard
do not have the commands for kneeboard that get duplicated and yellowed. Which prompted me to my assumption that the problem must be in reading the 2 default files I mention at the beginning
1:
K:\DCS World\Config\Input\Aircrafts\base_keyboard_binding.lua
and
K:\DCS World\Config\Input\Aircrafts\Common\keyboard\default.lua
and this is why this bug has this erratic behavior.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least