Info needed: campaigns included with modules?

Qiou87

Hi,

Up until now I exclusively fly jets in DCS but was considering to jump into a WWII plane from time to time, in single player (my buddies and I fly jets only in MP). As sales are going on and the damage model update is finally coming, it seems like a good time to grab the Normandy map, the WW2 assets pack, and a new plane (Channel is out of the question atm as I fly VR and it seems poorly optimized for now).

Here lies my problem: I don't want to create my own missions for lack of time. Based on DCS User files, there aren't many user-made campaigns for WW2 birds. So a deciding factor for me could be to know what campaigns are included with the plane modules themselves.

There is no info about included campaigns, training missions etc. in the product page of the e-shop.

I would kindly ask about your feedback about single player content included in the following modules:

- P-51D

- Spitfire IX

- Bf-109

Those are the three I am considering right now. I also see that third-parties have made quality DLC campaigns for these planes, and I will definitely check them out, but having a campaign included with the module is usually a good way to get more proficient with it (an example of that is the main campaign in the M2000C module). Once I am confident in the plane and have already flown some missions, I can look towards those DLCs and also DCS Liberation (dynamic campaign engine).

Thank you!

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

Hi,

Up until now I exclusively fly jets in DCS but was considering to jump into a WWII plane from time to time, in single player (my buddies and I fly jets only in MP). As sales are going on and the damage model update is finally coming, it seems like a good time to grab the Normandy map, the WW2 assets pack, and a new plane (Channel is out of the question atm as I fly VR and it seems poorly optimized for now).

Here lies my problem: I don't want to create my own missions for lack of time. Based on DCS User files, there aren't many user-made campaigns for WW2 birds. So a deciding factor for me could be to know what campaigns are included with the plane modules themselves.

There is no info about included campaigns, training missions etc. in the product page of the e-shop.

I would kindly ask about your feedback about single player content included in the following modules:

- P-51D

- Spitfire IX

- Bf-109

Those are the three I am considering right now. I also see that third-parties have made quality DLC campaigns for these planes, and I will definitely check them out, but having a campaign included with the module is usually a good way to get more proficient with it (an example of that is the main campaign in the M2000C module). Once I am confident in the plane and have already flown some missions, I can look towards those DLCs and also DCS Liberation (dynamic campaign engine).

Thank you!

Don't put too much hope in the included campaign, they are very basic and not so good.

Pick the plane You want and now that there's the sale at 4.99$ , pick the one DLC. :thumbup:

Don't put too much hope in the included campaign, they are very basic and not so good.

Pick the plane You want and now that there's the sale at 4.99$ , pick the one DLC. :thumbup:

I am definitely not hoping for the same quality as DLC ones, just a reason to pickup the plane and start flying with stuff to do. Campaigns motivate me somewhat because I like the feeling of accomplishment I get when it says I have finished it. :)

Thanks aldox for your info. I cannot believe how hard it is to actually find what a module contains. If I were to make a product, I would like people to know exactly what they are buying. I am guessing making a campaign takes a lot of time for ED, so why not say "hey, we made a campaign with X missions for this plane, it is included".

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

Iirc the warbirds have Challenge Campaigns, well, the ones that have a default campaign. It looks something like this:

Mission 1 - Takeoff

Mission 2 - Land

Mission 3 - Land with a 4 knot crosswind

Stuff like that.

1549694204_2020-10-2821_49_37-DigitalCombatSimulator.jpg.5fc8ea7944aa5ca1202c236dd7005453.jpg

Thank you Bailey. Though it probably isn't much in terms of story, at least that's a way to progress in the game with the plane, learn stuff and get a sense of accomplishment (I need that carrot at the end of the stick). That's the info I was looking for, and the P51 looks set to be my first warbird. I got scared yesterday reading about complex engine management in its sub-forum, but then I took the TF-51 out for a spin in Syria, and it was just too much fun.

• Like 1