[NEED TRACK REPLAY]Custom steerpoint nowhere near where it should be

sbmasonator

The format is wrong.

For N/S coordinate it is DD.MM.mmm

For E/W coordinate it is DDD.MM.mmm

There is no bug and it works perfectly fine with the right format.

Just for comparison, this is how it is for the Hornet: DD.MM.SS

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The format is wrong.

There is no bug and it works perfectly fine with the right format.

Just for comparison, this is how it is for the Hornet: DD.MM.SS

Thanks Qui Gon. Sorry, I should have typed format = North DD.MM.MMM East DDD.MM.MMM...

Thanks Qui Gon. Sorry, I should have typed format = North DD.MM.MMM East DDD.MM.MMM...

More importantly: You had one M too much.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I had the same issue, in Nevada, where the steer point in the hud showed up dozens or even hundreds of miles away. In the case of Nevada, the coordinates in the F10 map are N and W, so I assume for longitude I’m supposed to use W and not E...

I used the correct format, as noted, I.e.:

Also, this was air start with an F-16 with no waypoints. Is INS messed up in air start with no waypoints assigned?

I haven’t tried yet on the ground, cold ramp start, with no waypoints (which I will have to try). This was to practice entering steer points, such as on servers where they have no waypoints (e.g. BF).

Thanks...

Edit: I tried in the Nevada map again, this time with a cold ramp start at Henderson Executive, and no waypoints defined. After confirming the stored alignment during startup, I entered the following coordinates via the STPT button input screen:

N35 56 960 W114 51 752 2169

N35 55 536 W114 54 966 1769

N35 42 296 W114 28 514 2428

The first is at an airfield (Boulder City), and the next two are locations where I had ground units just south west of the airfield, and more farther south east. After entering while on the ground, I selected WP 1, 2, and 3, and in the HUD it showed what appeared to be reasonable distances, but I couldn't see direction yet. Once I got in the air, in NAV mode the waypoints were way off to the west/north west, no where near where they should be (they should have been to the east and south east). Seems like in Nevada at least, adding steer points (when you have no waypoints to start) does not work correctly.

Edit #2: I tried the same thing, but this time with an air start, and with 5 waypoints pre-defined. I added a 6th waypoint with the same coordinates (first one) above at Boulder City airfield (N35 56 960 W114 51 752 2169), and this time it worked fine. When I selected that waypoint, in NAV mode I could see the diamond right where I expected it at the airfield. Just seems like the F-16C (at least in Nevada) has a problem with added steer points when there are no waypoints defined to the spawn point/aircraft.

Edited by 609_Relentov
follow up on tests

I manually add a flight plan every time on our server and rarely have any issues. Have you tested this against a full align to see if it’s just stored align issue on the ground.

Once you have entered the SPs, rocker up and down to select first to last and see if that corrects them. F-16 has a phantom SP problem that has been reported.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I manually add a flight plan every time on our server and rarely have any issues. Have you tested this against a full align to see if it’s just stored align issue on the ground.

Once you have entered the SPs, rocker up and down to select first to last and see if that corrects them. F-16 has a phantom SP problem that has been reported.

I’ll have to try a full align, as I usually just confirm the coordinates already there from the stores values, during alignment. Also, I saw that phantom issue when I entered the coordinates on the ground (stil with no predefined waypoints), and it seemed to correct them (distance wise, on the HUD), although they were still in the wrong place when I took off. I will try more testing, plus try different maps... thanks.

• ED Team

This will be down to the work needing to be completed on the SPI, once that is completed all should be ok.

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This will be down tot he work needing to be completed on the SPI, once that is completed all should be ok.

thanks

Thanks BIGNEWY - one more thing to add.. in my testing, it seems to work OK on the default Caucasus map - i.e. no waypoints assigned, if I add a steer point, it works OK, after alignment the point shows up where I expect it in the HUD. It's just Nevada that I keep having the issue of the "random" placing of the steer point on the HUD.