Real Life AAR Experience

Syndrome

Sorry but your beloved DCS F16 Manual also states that:

Indeed it's modelled in DCS, but a simple testing of pitch response reveals that it is just take-off and landing gains, working as intended.

Opening the door automatically engages the FBW mode for inflight refueling. I remember when this came up with F4AF, it was discussed in depth and LP came up with a winning formula which made inflight refueling easier for players. It was often that inflight refueling took place in multiplayer. The FBW modes were mentioned on their forums and on several others. With DCS it models the same but F4AF had a bit more in the dampening which made it easier for players. From what I recall the controls were dumbed down when the refueling door was opened and the throttle became more precise for minor corrections. There is a inflight refueling mode in the FBW of the real F-16 and it is mentioned in a manual.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Opening the door automatically engages the FBW mode for inflight refueling. I remember when this came up with F4AF, it was discussed in depth and LP came up with a winning formula which made inflight refueling easier for players. It was often that inflight refueling took place in multiplayer. The FBW modes were mentioned on their forums and on several others. With DCS it models the same but F4AF had a bit more in the dampening which made it easier for players. From what I recall the controls were dumbed down when the refueling door was opened and the throttle became more precise for minor corrections. There is a inflight refueling mode in the FBW of the real F-16 and it is mentioned in a manual.

There's no authentic modelling of FBW in any falcon4 versions until mav-jp coded it line by line using the actual FLCS diagrams in BMS. He has already answered this question to you at here.

FLCS switches to landing gain when A/R door open as in real.

this has nothing to do with dampening, the FLCS switches from a G command to a pitch rate command / pitch rate blended AOA when AOA >11 (which is not the case in refuel operation).

It also reduces the maxroll rate command which in changes nothing for micro corrections in roll

This is illustred in AFM video and of course you can test it easily :

- in Cruise gain, when speed is moving , FPM stays stable

- in Landing Gain (A/R open); when speed is moving, the noze stays stable while the FPM is going up down.

F4AF modelization like any other non BMS falcon4 variant is just total arcadish

Edited by LJQCN101

EFM / FCS developer, Deka Ironwork Simulations.

It is actually in a manual, you go and find it along with your armchair expert friends. Have you tried reading the DCS F-16 Manual, it might be in there, you can definitely notice a difference when it is engaged. There is more to that FBW than people realize, it is very, very well modeled in DCS. I doubt very much that you would touch it.

as a beta test member, I touch it more times than you can possibly think of. Do not quote a game manual for this kind of discussion please. If you do, make sure you actually know what is the manual talking about.

To put to end of this.

AAR.png.557ab848e7528c25ccd9bad2aeb5c38a.png

That last thing I want to hear is "IT MIGHT"

As always. You believe what you want to believe. like some other people still believe earth is flat.

Enough with this guy. moving alone.

Edited by Contact409

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I9-9900K-Gigabyte 2080Ti Gaming OC, 32G DDR4000 RAM,

Track IR5, HOTAS Cougar + über Nxt Hall Sensor Mod, Slaw Device RX Viper