[OLD BUG REPORTS] Cleaning and Organization of old posts

RAZBAM_ELMO

CCIP using TAS is not ready yet, which is why it still is chancy.

But is it a known bug that it also doesnt properly work sometimes _without_ using TAS ?

[As said flying a perfectly flat area, so no miscalc my radar alt.]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found a bug in multiplayer, but I'm not sure who can fix it - RAZBAM or ED:

I also couldn't equip central fuel tank on my Mirage and Eclair pod. any ideas why?

Unfortunately we found that once restricted weapons are active, the M2000C can not choose fuel tanks, I don't know why this is. Maybe a bug in DCS or a bug in my eyes overlooking something ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Most likely it's weapons quantities.

There is a "M2000 Fuel tank" item in the list, but it's for the AI Mirage 2000-5. So if they added that it won't do players any good.

The playable M-2000C uses "RPL 522 1300 liters fuel tank" for the centre tank, and "RPL 541 2000 liters fuel tank" for the wing tanks. There's actually two entries for the 541 listed in the warehouse inventory; seems to be different tanks for each wing but with the same name.

I have found that you can have wing smoke on pylon 1 & 9 with the central fuel tank selected perfectly fine. However if you try placing a smoke on pylon 5 in the centre then the wing fuel tanks won't be placed on the aircraft. I tried placing the wing tanks on first and then placing a smoke on centre after, this just results in them removing the fuel tanks after placing the smoke on. It would appear that there are some issues when it comes to certain load outs.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

I have TDC working on HOTAS Warthog throttle cursor axes, but it works fast and imprecise.

Only work softly when TDC is near to the bottom of radar screen. When TDC is moving to the top radar screen, the TDC movement is very imprecise and fast, difficult to lock a target.

I tried to change axis values from SETUP both "X" and "Y", curves... but TDC don't work properly, it moves fast with very little cursor axis from HOTAS.

Please, can you help me to config TDC axis to work fine?

DCS Wishlist:

• DCS: A-10C 2: new suite, flight and system improvements. fix no real things. To include new features. Some real love.

I think this issue should be getting some attention now , there no longer any show stopper bugs and most items are finished , can we get some TDC love?

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello!

I have TDC working on HOTAS Warthog throttle cursor axes, but it works fast and imprecise.

Only work softly when TDC is near to the bottom of radar screen. When TDC is moving to the top radar screen, the TDC movement is very imprecise and fast, difficult to lock a target.

I tried to change axis values from SETUP both "X" and "Y", curves... but TDC don't work properly, it moves fast with very little cursor axis from HOTAS.

Please, can you help me to config TDC axis to work fine?

+1:helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs: CPU: i7-9700K@ 5.0 GHz | RAM: 32 GB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | CH Products Pro Pedals |HP REverb

ILS should only be in the 108.1 through 111.95 range, of them only 40 are valid. I think that same instrument doubles as the VOR head which should have range 108.0-117.95.

Perhaps some logic trying to prevent invalid selections is inhibiting 117.XX. Is it repeatable?

Yes this is very unfortunate as it worked perfectly before... TDC slew is a real pain atm. Axis is unusable and button press is way too slow. :(

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

• 3 weeks later...

I think Mirage 2000c team should check TDC code, So TDC can move it like A-10C cursor in TGP, TAD...

DCS Wishlist:

• DCS: A-10C 2: new suite, flight and system improvements. fix no real things. To include new features. Some real love.

For some reason that i cannot fathom , RAZBAM seem to ignore this or dismiss it by saying it not important and will wait.

its really annoying as hell and makes radar operation much harder

i`m not sure if it affects only people with Warthog , or if its something that doesn't affect or bothers the devs , but please fix it.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep, TDC slew with the ministick is impossibly fast, even with throttle curves set to hold it at the slowest possible speed it is very difficult to bug a target without the TDC flying past it. Combine that with the keyboard TDC up/down/left/right commands which are way too slow to be usable in a serious combat situation and you've got a real crap sandwich. :lol:

Hopefully this will be addressed some time soon, it definitely makes air-to-air a lot more challenging than it needs to be.

The RAZBAM team has been doing a great job hammering out bugs though so I'm sure we'll see this fixed eventually.

I think the TDC speed from left to right (with keyboard) at the top of the radar screen is ok, but its way too slow at the bottom.

I don't know how the real aircraft works in this regard, and as always I prefer full realism.

Anyway, to me it would seem reasonable that at the bottom of the arc, the lateral TDC speed is the same as at the top.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I really don't want to sound impatient but to be frank that`s exactly what I'm getting since this bug has been in the sim for several months now. Time and time again I get slaughtered by F-15s that cue 3 targets for their AIM-120s in the time I try to fiddle with these practically unusable slew controls just to lock a single bandit.

I get that implementing new features is probably more exciting than fixing old bugs but it has been said ad nauseam that the Mirage 2000 is pirmarily an A/A interceptor with a secondary A/G role. I'd really like to see that primary role getting some attention again so please could someone at least take a look at the issue or explain why this is taking longer than expected?

Sorry for the rant.

Edited by spiddx
  • Like 2

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Yeah, basically:

1/ you "enable" the police light with the switch on the left console

2/ then you use the "palette" (trigger?) left of the throttle to light it.

I didn't test if this is implemented yet.

The police light switch is now a system enabler. You must use the HOTAS key to turn it on or off. There is a new HOTAS keybind that controls it. I'm afraid that is how it works in RL.

OK thanks Zeus; so it's now implemented in 1.5.5 OB

Problem: it doesn't seem to work at the moment, I'm unable to light the police light using:

- switch on the console to forward (M = On) position

+ pressing the HOTAS "toggle" control.

++

Az'

spacer.png

OK thanks Zeus; so it's now implemented in 1.5.5 OB

Problem: it doesn't seem to work at the moment, I'm unable to light the police light using:

- switch on the console to forward (M = On) position

+ pressing the HOTAS "toggle" control.

++

Az'

I'll check.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."