[OLD BUG REPORTS] Cleaning and Organization of old posts

RAZBAM_ELMO

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use keyboard......

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

as long as there is no fix i use the following solution:

I have a TARGET profile for the m2kc and added the slew control as BUTTONS and bound them to the corresponding keyboard-keys. Look in the TARGET manual for how doing this. there is even an example for a TDC.

I use two different "button-modes": "hold" for slew cursor alone and "pulse" when the pinky-lever as modifier is pressed while slewing around.

I find this soulution pretty usefull, because fast TCD movements can be done with the cursor alone and short precise movements can be done when using pink lever + slew cursor.

I hope you know what i mean

@Matt, using axis commands the TDC slews too fast to be usable, even with dead zones and saturation set so it only sends the smallest value.

Conversely, the keyboard slew moves slower than molasses in winter.

Put them together, and it takes two sets of slew controls and quite a few extra seconds to get a target bugged, which can be the difference between life and death.

I've just stopped trying to bug targets, generally, unless I have 30+ miles to screw with the RADAR. Find them with the RADAR then just wait til they're close enough for AACQ since you're generally outside of your WEZ until that point anyway.

It is an extremely frustrating problem. Trying to be a patient boy but a little pat on the head and a promise everything will be okay from the RAZBAM team would certainly be appreciated. :)

Ok.

Yes i agree that the Axis is way to fast and sensitive.

But in B-Scope i dont find the Key commands to be that slow when it comes to Slewing =P atleast not for me.

This is of course personal preference, but I'd much prefer a speed similar to the ones we have in FC3 or the F-5 because they allow for quicker reactions when a bandit pops up just outside of CCW range. In this situation where every half second counts I should be doing 10 other things than fiddling with TDC slew and mumbling "Come on, come on, COME ON!!" ;)

Adding to the problem in the Mirage is that the horizontal slew feels way slower than the vertical one.

Axis controls are obviously broken.

Edited by spiddx

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

• 3 weeks later...

*bump*

Zeus it woulb be cool if you could fix the tdc slew axis sensitivity to be actual analog and if this fix would take too much time, just reduce the sensitivity. the horizontal axis is currently unusable on my warthog (vertical seems kinda ok)

Hey guys, top on my to-do list right now, will keep you updated

"Witness mere F-14s taking off from adjacent flight decks, gracefully canting left and right, afterburners flaming, and there’s something that sweeps you away—or at least it does me. And no amount of knowledge of the potential abuses of carrier task forces can affect the depth of that feeling. It simply speaks to another part of me. It doesn’t want recriminations or politics. It just wants to fly.”

― Carl Sagan

:thumbsup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Hi guys, I use a Warthog, I've adjusted the logic for the slew so it is much more responsive and behaves much closer to how the F-15 slew and is actually usable!

Related, what do you guys think of the normal TDC slew keys (not the axis). Personally I feel it is too slow in all directions but I am not a hardened combat pilot so taking feedback on it...

"Witness mere F-14s taking off from adjacent flight decks, gracefully canting left and right, afterburners flaming, and there’s something that sweeps you away—or at least it does me. And no amount of knowledge of the potential abuses of carrier task forces can affect the depth of that feeling. It simply speaks to another part of me. It doesn’t want recriminations or politics. It just wants to fly.”

― Carl Sagan

Hi guys, I use a Warthog, I've adjusted the logic for the slew so it is much more responsive and behaves much closer to how the F-15 slew and is actually usable!

Related, what do you guys think of the normal TDC slew keys (not the axis). Personally I feel it is too slow in all directions but I am not a hardened combat pilot so taking feedback on it...

I find the normal TDC slew (mapped to my WH), a little slow in the Y axis and very, very slow in the X axis.

Keypress rate in the WH - SetKBRate(25, 33);

//RADAR MANAGEMENT//

MapKeyIO(&Throttle, CSU, L_SHIFT+'u', ';');

MapKeyIO(&Throttle, CSD, L_CTL+'u', '.');

MapKey(&Throttle, CSL, ',');

MapKeyIO(&Throttle, CSR, SEQ(R_SHIFT+'u', R_CTL+'u'), '/');

Cheers,

Edited by Catseye

I find the normal TDC slew (mapped to my WH), a little slow in the Y axis and very, very slow in the X axis.

Agreed.

And thank you for fixing the axis. Much appreciated.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Okay guys, I've made corrections to both the key slewing and axis slewing of TDC, even for a Radar rookie like me didn't have much issue manipulating the TDC and getting the target I wanted.

I'll push this fix to development by the end of the day so should be in next update.

Apologies this took so long for us to get to.

― Carl Sagan

Thank You CptSmiley! :thumbup: I will have my Trim HAT back Soon then! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Okay guys, I've made corrections to both the key slewing and axis slewing of TDC, even for a Radar rookie like me didn't have much issue manipulating the TDC and getting the target I wanted.

I'll push this fix to development by the end of the day so should be in next update.

Apologies this took so long for us to get to.

Did this fix make it to the latest update? My TDC is still moving too fast unless I use the keyboard. Is there a setting change I have to make to see this improvement?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seeing 1) the post date, 2) the latest update date ( == exact same day), and 3) " I'll push this fix to development by the end of the day so should be in next update.", I'll take a wild guess and bet you'll have the fix in the next update, as indicated ;)

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

I think the changes didn't make it to the patch

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2978920&postcount=4081

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

If I may: "last update" is not that specific if your reader doesn't check dates.

=> It works since 1.5.5 "update 3" released dec. 16, 2016.

It also didn't work when zaelu posted on dec. 10, 2016, so everyone is right :)

Cheers.

PS: for those using a Warthog, I just set +3 curve for both TDC axis (using TARGET GUI) and it's nice & smooth.

spacer.png