@Kashmir

What I do to tweak the TDC axis is set;

Joy_X

Deadzone 5

Saturation_Y 80

Joy_Y

Deadzone 5

Saturation_Y 80

If it is still to quick just lower the saturation to 70 or 60 etc until you are happy.

Hope that helps.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Seems this has regressed in 2.0.4. The Vertical seems to be working ok, but the horizontal is working like a binary on/off. You can lower the saturation to about 50 and it still rockets across the screen, any lower than that and it doesn't move at all.

• 1 month later...

I tried to use my TM Warthog TDC for the radar slew control, but it's much too sensitive. Reading the forums people suggested turning down the Y sensitivity on the vertical and horizontal slew axis. However, the problem I found was that at 80 sensitivity it's still too sensitive, and at anything less than that it doesn't move at all. Anyone else had this problem?

Known issue. Not yet corrected. Use buttons for now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Known issue. Not yet corrected. Use buttons for now.

Half true. It's fixed in 1.5 for quite some time now, axis are fully customizable. Not in 2.0 though as that hasn't been patched in ages. Afaik there is a Nevada update planned for tomorrow, so we should get the fix there soon.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if it even was a planned feature from the beginning but after taking hits, I realize the Mirage didn't notify me of anything.

I don't know much about the IRL Mirage, but if I believe this video

(pretty funny BTW), it has multiple ways to tell the pilot something's wrong.

So I tested it by creating a mission (attached below, I can provide the ACMI if needed) in which I activated all of the random failures possible. I also scripted an explosion happening close to the aircraft, starting a fire, just to be sure.

The results in picture (which can't capture sounds but I swear the little Mirage was quiet as a grave).

964932Untitled.jpg

If it's something that is WIP or not planned, then sorry for the time lost reading and feel free to delete the thread.

Intel i5-2500k - Gigabyte P67X-UD3-B3 - AMD HD7950 - RAM 12Go - SSD 250Go - Acer FHD Screen - Logitech G940 - TIR5 - FC3 - M-2000C - A-10C

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Currently DCS does not have fire detectors. They are being developed. We will include them when they are available.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Cool !

Note that during this sortie I also the multiple failures showed in the screenshot and nothing showed up on the error panel, nor did I get a master caution sound or light. Is that intended behavior ?

Intel i5-2500k - Gigabyte P67X-UD3-B3 - AMD HD7950 - RAM 12Go - SSD 250Go - Acer FHD Screen - Logitech G940 - TIR5 - FC3 - M-2000C - A-10C

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Depends.

Engine Alternator 1 Fail => ALT 1 failure (and consequences)

Aux transformer Fail => nothing to report, main one is still On. You'll loose power in DC busses if you turn TR switch to low position (but why would you do that?)

Hyd pump 2 Fail => will trigger the emergency electric pump at a given threshold to re-boost the pressure level in #2 Hyd circuit. Can't remember if HYD 2 lights above or below this threshold.

Hyd alternator 1 fail => you loose the power to FBW 1 channel. Still have 3 others (redudancy...); will have to check, not sure you're worried by an alarm in this case. I yes, should be something like MAN, not so worriesome.

Hyd pump 1 Fail => you sould get HYD 1, but not immediately: once the pressure dropped enough to trigger the alarm. Not sure it had time during you flight (mission ended 21" after failure... did you maneuver a lot/use lots of hyd controls during those 21"?)

Oil system leak => can't remember exactly; probably same as hydraulic, i.e. at a certain oil level or pressure level threshold, something lights up; I think there is a back up system for some essential parts of the engine too.

INS partial failure => probably you should be warned too, but that would depend on what did fail exactly; not on the alarm panel, most probably on the PCN and/or the HUD.

Hyd aux pump Fail => Yep, there will be alarms HYD S or EP (can't remember which) and quickly HYD 2 as your Hyd pump 2 had already failed. At this point: not hyd at all = eject.

spacer.png

My first test was very short indeed, as I didn't try to see the long term consequences. So I did more testing.

RWR : It will stop working if damaged, and the DA light will sometimes remain lit, and sometimes blink. (Seems like intended behavior to me). No other alarm or light. (The video linked in the first post suggest that a failure of the RWR may trigger the research sound ?)

HYD PUMPS : The Hyd pumps 1 and 2 fail don't do anything, whatever the state of the other one is (even after waiting for 10min). A failure in the Hyd pump 3 (which I assume is the emergency pump) won't do anything either, but if you disable it manually, the red light on the "problems" panel turn on, as well as the master caution, regardless of the state of the 2 main hyd pumps (which makes sense to me). Even if all three are damaged, the landing gear, the air brakes and the aileron work properly.

RADAR : It seems to react accurately to damage, an X appears on the VTB, and you can't lock contacts anymore, even with special modes.

OIL SYSTEM LEAK and OIL SYSTEM FAILURE : Nothing happens, even after a 15min flight.

LANDING GEAR : Not affected by by HYD Pressure, or by speed. I managed to deploy and retract it at Mach 1.5. If you feel very gamey in MP, I think you could drop the gear and deploy airbrakes, and you would literally stop on the spot...

ELECTRIC SYSTEM : Both engine alternator fail, a battery fail or both aux transformer fail don't do anything, regardless of the combination. If you play around with the battery switch, the TR switch (which I don't understand the purpose) and the 2 alternator switch, you obtain different results, ranging from some instruments stop working, to a progressive inability to control the aircraft. Lights of the problem panel switch on, as well as mater caution. So that seems to work as intended.

That was wrong, disregard.

Note that the battery seems to have an infinite (at least 30+min) charge.

HYD ALTERNATOR FAIL : I have no idea what it should do but it has no impact as far as I can tell, even after waiting 15 min.

INS PARTIAL FAIL, INS TOTAL FAIL and INS GYROS FAIL : Don't have an impact on INS functionality. The INS doesn't seem to drift more or less than it usually does.

The only damage I got from spawning an explosion near the aircraft are RADAR, RWR (different sensors + total failure), and Jammer, as well as some physical damage to the plane which greatly affected it's stability and controlability. No instrumentation damage, or hydrolic failures... I never manage to damage the HUD either, which is something that happen pretty frequently in FC3's F15.

So my question is : does RAZBAM plan on improving the damage, or do you consider it to be accurate enough ? Either way I love the Mirage and I thank you for your outstanding job !

Edited by GreyEcho

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Battery have 30min+ lifetime AFAIK.

Yep, I retested and I was wrong. When The Battery Switch and the TR switch are both on, but the alternator switches are both off, the plane will work with most instruments off for about 33min. Then everything shuts off you loose control.

Strangely enough, In this configuration, you can't use afterburner.

Edited by GreyEcho

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

RWR : (...) (The video linked in the first post suggest that a failure of the RWR may trigger the research sound ?)

I disagree. The RWR is simply working on that video, and a search radar is scanning the aircraft.

HYD PUMPS : The Hyd pumps 1 and 2 fail don't do anything, whatever the state of the other one is (even after waiting for 10min). A failure in the Hyd pump 3 (which I assume is the emergency pump) won't do anything either, but if you disable it manually, the red light on the "problems" panel turn on, as well as the master caution, regardless of the state of the 2 main hyd pumps (which makes sense to me). Even if all three are damaged, the landing gear, the air brakes and the aileron work properly.

(...)

OIL SYSTEM LEAK and OIL SYSTEM FAILURE : Nothing happens, even after a 15min flight.

LANDING GEAR : Not affected by by HYD Pressure, or by speed. I managed to deploy and retract it at Mach 1.5. If you feel very gamey in MP, I think you could drop the gear and deploy airbrakes, and you would literally stop on the spot...

Then we must assume Hyd & Oil systems are still WIP. :)

RADAR : It seems to react accurately to damage, an X appears on the VTB, and you can't lock contacts anymore, even with special modes.

Cool :)

ELECTRIC SYSTEM : Both engine alternator fail, a battery fail or both aux transformer fail don't do anything, regardless of the combination.

That's probably a bug. You have a nice chapter of documentation about this in the manual, page 39 and following pages.

If you play around with the battery switch, the TR switch (which I don't understand the purpose) and the 2 alternator switch, you obtain different results, ranging from some instruments stop working, to a progressive inability to control the aircraft. Lights of the problem panel switch on, as well as mater caution. So that seems to work as intended.

OK that's cool :)

The TR switch is explained in the manual (schematics). TR stands for Transfo-Redresseur. A TR converts AC current into DC current. It's the opposite of an inverter.

There are 2 TRs on the aircraft (one main = switch up, one emergency = switch down).

HYD ALTERNATOR FAIL : I have no idea what it should do but it has no impact as far as I can tell, even after waiting 15 min.

Yeah, it's a bit tricky at first sight, but in fact very simple to get:

The aircraft is unstable+FBW. It can't fly without FBW.

So, how do we prevent it to "not fly anymore"? By making FBW system (very) tough.

So let's make 4 (normal) FBW channels + 1 "ultimate emergency" channel.

But if the electrical power is down, all channels are down. We can't have that, it would be a "single point of failure", negating the redundancy requirement.

So we need various (electrical) power sources. Like this:

Channel 1 : Hyd Alt 1

Channel 2 : Hyd Alt 2

Channel 3 : Main DC bus

Channel 4 : Battery bus

This is why there are Hydraulic-alternators. Those are alternators that are actuated not by the engine, but by the hyd pressure in Hyd system 1 (Hyd Alt 1) or Hyd system 2 (Hyd Alt 2). Even with total electric failure of all other components, the FBW channels 1 & 2 remain electrically powered (fully independantly), as long as there is Hyd pressure (and if there is no Hyd pressure anymore, then you eject because you need it anyway to actuate the control surfaces).

Got it? OK, then on with your question: what should I get in case of a single Hyd Alt failure? Answer: Next to nothing. Probably a [MAN] caution light triggered (that's probably WIP) which means you have to fly nicely as you don't have 100% system integrity. And that's it.

INS PARTIAL FAIL, INS TOTAL FAIL and INS GYROS FAIL : Don't have an impact on INS functionality. The INS doesn't seem to drift more or less than it usually does. !

No impact is probably a bug or a WIP thing.

Don't expect "more" drift OTOH, it doesn't work like that ;)

++

Edited by Azrayen
typo

spacer.png

Thank you for the very detailed answer ! Everything makes so much more sense now, especially the TR Switch and the hydraulic alternator stuff. I'm off (re)reading page 39 of the manual ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This part of the module really needs some love.

Even if it's a WIP, the failure model is a little bit light. (just to compare with A-10C or F-5E).

It could be interesting to have some more, like:

-engine failures like DSV, Engine CALC failure or compressor stall (it happens sometimes).

-Lost of the AOA or pitot probes, it should lead to a catastrophic FBW failure and it should happen when you take some shells.

-Jammed slats....

All this small stuffs that render the cabin switches little bit useful.

In my opinion, it's a really good module for the moment but it could be almost perfect with this.

Dont give up RAZBAM.

Reading all the posts, especially from Azrayen, i would like to ask if Razbam

is planning to develop an in depth damage system or a more basic version of this. The first requires full development of the underlying fbw, electrical, hydraulic , oil system etc. and I understand that this is not an easy task.

Edited by jaguara5

• 1 month later...

R68QIjOShame, there was a time when it worked, albeit without an additional HOTAS command.

R68QIjO

R68QIjO.jpg

And since we are on the subject of exterior lights anyways, is there a chance that RAZBAM could increase the length of the light cones for taxi/landing/refuel/police -lights? I suppose that is something on EDs side but hey, you never know^^ wait didn't they work on a new lighting engine? just two more weeks, but then the light will be new and the cones still short, they will be aware of the issue and it will be a WIP ...

5ZgvF

Edited by kobeshow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

Very often when changing data displayed by the INS using the Parameter Selector, you can see see a flashing string of 0's before the actual data appears. Looks like something iis not properly initialized.

I managed to catch it on a video frame.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro