[OLD BUG REPORTS] Cleaning and Organization of old posts

RAZBAM_ELMO

What I have figured out so far is:

-In single player: it works fine always

-In multiplayer: It NEVER works

can anyone test this?

bye!

Is it something new with 2.5 or did you have it before ?

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure JoJo as I didnt play much in MP in 2.2 and in previous versions...just noticed now in new 2.5 when playin MP in the caucasus map...last night in the "just dogfight" server it NEVER worked, not a single time with a nice and clear radar lock and a, say, 1-2 miles of the target and it NEVER slaved, only when I put the little cross where the Magic line of sight is centered it gave a tone...however, the "unslave" botton did work fine...

Take a look at my MODS here

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, like that. I get it in L/L position too for example.

System tries to call "give me the X value for waypoint Y" and expects to display a nice number like "123.45" but instead it comes "99851235618923450.1510945" and it is written to the display which doesn't even fit on one line.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In PI bombing (with a BAD), the bombs release happens as soon as you pickle, as opposed to using the SNA’s calculation based on TAS to automatically release the payload.

Conventional CCPL (CCRP) works fine.

Edited by Tripleinside

Win10 x64, Intel core I9 9900k@5ghz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080 ti, MSI Z370 Tomahawk mobo, M.2 SSD, Warthog HOTAS, home made trackIr, Pimax 8K

The emrgency hydraulic is used only to stabilize the aircraft to eject the pilot in good condition or to land if an airport is near because this electro-pump is directly connected on the main battery (short time use).

The switch of the emergency hydraulic has three position:

- backward postion: OFF

-Middle: On the ground; because main shock strut are compressed; NO pressure can be delivered (this pump would work all the time as soon as the main battery is on)

In flight (as soon as main shock strut are not compressed), when the hydraulic circuit N°2 is less than about 150 bars the electro-pump run to maintain 180b (for a short time...)

NOTA: hydraulic circuit N°1 has no emergency system

- Forward: the electro-pump gives 180b to the brake accumulator (and pitch and roll controls accumulator circuit N °2), if there 's not enough pressure for the parking brake.

I hope ithis explaination is clear.smilewink.gif

Thanks for your work.

The emrgency hydraulic is used only to stabilize the aircraft to eject the pilot in good condition or to land if an airport is near because this electro-pump is directly connected on the main battery (short time use).

The switch of the emergency hydraulic has three position:

- backward postion: OFF

-Middle: On the ground; because main shock strut are compressed; NO pressure can be delivered (this pump would work all the time as soon as the main battery is on)

In flight (as soon as main shock strut are not compressed), when the hydraulic circuit N°2 is less than about 150 bars the electro-pump run to maintain 180b (for a short time...)

NOTA: hydraulic circuit N°1 has no emergency system

- Forward: the electro-pump gives 180b to the brake accumulator (and pitch and roll controls accumulator circuit N °2), if there 's not enough pressure for the parking brake.

I hope ithis explaination is clear.smilewink.gif

Thanks for your work.

So you mean that currently, with the switch in the middle position (AUTO), battery ON and engine OFF, the pump is activated to give HYD power ?

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Actually CCRP works but it is not correct. The guidance "wings" are implemented as deviation indicators, when they should be a roll guidance, like a flight director to the drop point.

In direct CCRP, it guides you to deliver the bomb on target.

So after designation, what's the difference between deviation indicators and roll guidance ?

Mirage fanatic !

So you mean that currently, with the switch in the middle position (AUTO), battery ON and engine OFF, the pump is activated to give HYD power ?

Exactly. In fact, there are two problems:

- 1: the switch is in the middle (stand bye position); the electro-pump gives hyd power when batt is on (engine not running)

-2: as long as the switch is in backword (stop), even if engine running, the elevon (flight control) stay in down position as if there's no hyd power but in this case HYD1 and HYD2 give this power....

In reality, if you forgot to posit the switch in the middle pilot will have a sonor and light alarm and the aircraft will not have an emergency hyd to the circuit n°2 and if you keep this switch on stop, main HYD POWER (circuits 1&2) will be delivered.

I think french pilots of 2/5 squadron will say the same thing...

Roll guidance says "adopt this bank angle and it will put you on a curved path which will intersect release." Deviation guidance says "you are left of wings level alignment, roll right." The roll guidance is much lower workload, more flexible and more sophisticated math.

Currently if you have heading error it commands a bank and then commands a different bank later rather suddenly to attempt to steer you to a straight ahead wings level release. It commands one thing and changes its mind resulting in practically guaranteed chasing of the symbol by the pilot. It's rather plainly "clocking" an indicated angle proportional to the misalignment. Amusingly it is going past 90 degrees which has two problems: it's not an effective turn and there is ambiguity how it wants you to fly. If you generate enough misalignment the "wings" flip through ~340 degrees.

It also looses track of where the solution is. If you designate and then generate as little as 20 degrees misalignment when you return back to alignment the "wings" are crooked. Since designate is an INS captured point there should be no limit as to its memory of the location.

Is the real mechanization for guidance so rudimentary and flawed? Could be. AG wasn't the Mirage's forte and perhaps it was good enough in this primitive way but the math and engineering expertise to make proper guidance did exist at the time the Mirage was made.

Thanks for the details added to the list for me to look at.

"Witness mere F-14s taking off from adjacent flight decks, gracefully canting left and right, afterburners flaming, and there’s something that sweeps you away—or at least it does me. And no amount of knowledge of the potential abuses of carrier task forces can affect the depth of that feeling. It simply speaks to another part of me. It doesn’t want recriminations or politics. It just wants to fly.”

― Carl Sagan

Roll guidance says "adopt this bank angle and it will put you on a curved path which will intersect release." Deviation guidance says "you are left of wings level alignment, roll right." The roll guidance is much lower workload, more flexible and more sophisticated math.

Currently if you have heading error it commands a bank and then commands a different bank later rather suddenly to attempt to steer you to a straight ahead wings level release. It commands one thing and changes its mind resulting in practically guaranteed chasing of the symbol by the pilot. It's rather plainly "clocking" an indicated angle proportional to the misalignment. Amusingly it is going past 90 degrees which has two problems: it's not an effective turn and there is ambiguity how it wants you to fly. If you generate enough misalignment the "wings" flip through ~340 degrees.

It also looses track of where the solution is. If you designate and then generate as little as 20 degrees misalignment when you return back to alignment the "wings" are crooked. Since designate is an INS captured point there should be no limit as to its memory of the location.

Is the real mechanization for guidance so rudimentary and flawed? Could be. AG wasn't the Mirage's forte and perhaps it was good enough in this primitive way but the math and engineering expertise to make proper guidance did exist at the time the Mirage was made.

20° heading off target after designation during a dive on target is huge.

You're not supposed to designate and make a 360° turn to come back and deliver your bombs on previous designation.

Yes it should be roll command TO the target.

But if you designate and drift left, you will have a right roll command anyway. I'll try to force some roll error because I never went as far as what you describe.

If you go too far off the target you should loose your designation.

Mirage fanatic !

Currently the "guidance wings" make an angle with the velocity vector (actually with aircraft lateral axis, the one that goes from one wingtip to the other) and which magnitude is dependent on the angular distance that the designated point is off the nose (off the longitudinal axis).

In order to make it a roll guidance, the angle of the "guidance wings" should be referred to the actual real world horizon instead. It is just a change in the coordinate system, very straightforward.

This interface is designed for the second case, that is why it is somewhat unintuitive right now, especially in the BAD-PI case where turn to the target usually is larger.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Currently the "guidance wings" make an angle with the velocity vector (actually with aircraft lateral axis, the one that goes from one wingtip to the other) and which magnitude is dependent on the angular distance that the designated point is off the nose (off the longitudinal axis).

In order to make it a roll guidance, the angle of the "guidance wings" should be referred to the actual real world horizon instead. It is just a change in the coordinate system, very straightforward.

This interface is designed for the second case, that is why it is somewhat unintuitive right now, especially in the BAD-PI case where turn to the target usually is larger.

Thanks, I think I (finally) understood what you mean :thumbup:

Mirage fanatic !

thread ruined..... cheers...

Can someone at Razbam acknowledge the bomb release issue in CCPL with IP (BAD)?

Using TAS sole purpose is to feed the SNA with slant range to the target... the trigger should be held down by the pilot, and the bombs released according to the SNA’s calculation, bomb release should not be manual, just like standard CCPL

Win10 x64, Intel core I9 9900k@5ghz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080 ti, MSI Z370 Tomahawk mobo, M.2 SSD, Warthog HOTAS, home made trackIr, Pimax 8K

thread ruined..... cheers...

Can someone at Razbam acknowledge the bomb release issue in CCPL with IP (BAD)?

Using TAS sole purpose is to feed the SNA with slant range to the target... the trigger should be held down by the pilot, and the bombs released according to the SNA’s calculation, bomb release should not be manual, just like standard CCPL

It is acknowledged, Zeus thought is was already fixed.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

I’m trying to do the CCIP bombing training mission. There’s an “X” through my HUD the whole time and no pipper.

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

I’m at about 300 and at 10,000’. I think. It’s the unsafe release marker, I know that. I’ll try it again. It comes on in level flight in the mission as soon as I switch the radar on.

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Then maybe the speed is low. I was thinking you were flying NOE.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4