[OLD BUG REPORTS] Cleaning and Organization of old posts

RAZBAM_ELMO

• ED Team

This is actually important because it highlights how radio is supposed to work. I was looking for some info on that but everyone seemed to actually completely ignore the issue and assume that the rocker on the throttle acts as radio PTT. That's how SRS and I think VAICOM treat it, even though it's been mentioned in many places that rocker is used for radio SELECTION. Well, this debacle seems to accidentally explain what is going on - the rocker indeed only selects the radio, and button number 8 on stick is PTT. At least that's how I understand it and it would mean that the closest HOTAS mapping would be to map whatever stick button was used for STT/TWS switch to Communications instead (or SRS PTT), and map STT/TWS to TDC press instead. Can any of the devs weigh in on this?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how long this has been happening, but I recently got into the Mirage after about a year, and discovered I could not lock a target. The target shows up on the screen and blinks preventing me from locking them. I lock for a second and then it breaks lock. When I get closer, I can lock them with special modes , but not until I get in range. Not sure what is going on, never had that before.

It's more realistic radar behaviour introduced with the latest update.

Absolutly beverly contract disappear after each swipe. There is no buffer or memory, it's redrawing it.

Was shocked at first but it is...

... each bar is a separate swipe. So if a contact is detected buy first bar but not the other he will appear only when the first bar is swiped again.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4114151#post4114151

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• ED Team

I have reported this in our system, I am sure RAZBAM will take a look also.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yea, would be nice if this could be fixed as soon as possible, as this bug is ultra-annoying for people who like bfm.

Can't count the times I've been behind an enemy in favourable position , working on a gun solution, only to have the aircraft disintegrate below me because I flew through his wake.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Snappy

So I was playing and realized that I couldn't find bogeys when pointing radar cone exactly at their range/altitude when there is altitude difference. It's specially noticeable when operating in one bar scan. So I made a test mission where i fly at 20000 feet, and bogey is flying hot at me at 3000 feet:

So something is off. Horizontal scan ccm is the same thing, if there is significant dive/climb angle, when I elevate/lower movable dashed line and put it on the bogey, it doesn't lock, but if i put it above/below the bogey enough: it locks.

Also it seems that I can only detect bogeys at some distances like say 25 miles, but when he gets closer, he disappears i can't pick him up again on regular basis. Although that might be related to previous bug.

Also some other behaviors I noticed:

Before when you moved antenna up and down number of bars would always be locked near antenna symbol, but now it moves separately as demonstrated here:

Bug or feature? If bug, maybe related to elevation problem.

Another behavior: In one bar scan, when you move elevation, antenna movement displayed by antenna position symbol is not smooth:

Bug or feature?

LOOK MA, NO HOOK

Hi all,

Today I decided I would finally start learning the Mirage, so I fired up the first training mission (cold start). When I got to the radios part, it says I should set the V/UHF radio to Pal, but this seems to have changed with the new radio from the cockpit update. Since I can't do that action, the tutorial never moves along.

I can obviously make up for it with YouTube video tutorials or something, but it's a pretty crappy experience for newcomers. It also makes me afraid that I will be running into similar bugs further on, or even during the campaign :(

still broken after the update

What? really? Haven't tested yet since update, but it said in the update notes it was fixed.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

The RWR fix was due to my error, had a model version screw up when fixing a different bug and it reset the RWR connector to the model that was causing the error. I didn't realize this until after it was released.

I am truly sorry about this. I have already made sure that the fix is in the repository to be pushed out on the next update.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We take the Metal and bring it to Mesh

Np Tim, thanks for letting us know. Not possible to edit a file or something on our part to fix it until then?

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

The RWR fix was due to my error, had a model version screw up when fixing a different bug and it reset the RWR connector to the model that was causing the error. I didn't realize this until after it was released.

I am truly sorry about this. I have already made sure that the fix is in the repository to be pushed out on the next update.

Thanks for the reply and for your mea culpa, shit happens.

Same question : is a file or hotfix possible ?

I just found a similar thread with repies from BalticDragon in the Training Missions subforum. He seems to be on it already. Sorry for the noise.

Yes, but from what he says, it will be some time before this and others are fixed.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box