[OLD BUG REPORTS] Cleaning and Organization of old posts

RAZBAM_ELMO

EA december 2015

Release april 2017

February 2020, automatic release still not work in PI bombing mode after multiple reports (but work in CCRP since the beginning...)

Sorry but it's shameful !...

+100

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FAF NVGs don't have gain control. It's an On/Off position and that's all...

The only thing you can do is reducing cockpit lights, but when it comes to the outside of the plane you have to deal with it.

Oh, didn't know that. Perhaps that's why controls are missing.

On the other hand, there's a mod in the DCS User Files section that adds those bindings back. I tried and it works (although a message saying "Unknown NVG Command" appears). It seems it doesn't even break integrity check.

The real ones have automatic gain control within some limits.

You can also leave the front caps on (small holes in the front to let pass a minimum of light) to set the focus or just try it's functioning right.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

The real ones have automatic gain control within some limits.

You can also leave the front caps on (small holes in the front to let pass a minimum of light) to set the focus or just try it's functioning right.

Yeah, NVG's in DCS need some serious improvments. Especially in VR.

Real NVG's do have AGC, but you'd never ever fly with daylight caps on at night. And you can't focus them properly with the caps on anyway due to what they do the depth of field. But really real NVG's look nothing like the DCS version with the cheezy scintillation effect, and even that looks different, and you only see it under low light situations. The whole model needs to be revamped.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hm, looks like a P22 phosphor on that NVG... Kinda old school. Nice Ipotatoe pic tho :)

At least you don't see the fake scintilation that ED has.

I've honestly though about writing up a quick white paper on what ED could do to make NVG's more realistic in DCS but I don't want to waste my time on it unless they are serious about doing it, or if their engine can even do it.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I personally think that the NVG experience is quite good in DCS, it is not like real ones obviously but it is good enough to give me the feeling of flying for real. The thing I miss the most is the possibility to look at nebulae and galaxies... Astronomy is unbelievable when you are on top :)

confirm

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

DCS OpenBeta 2.5.6.44266:

Switching predefined channels works fine when switching the "V/UHF Radio Function Selector" from position "Off" to "FF" for the first time. After having switched from "FF" to "G" (guard frequency) once and then back to "FF", only asterisks will appear in the "COM frequency display" and switching predefined channels will no longer be possible. Switching the selector to any other position (than "G") and then back to "FF" doesn't seem to be a problem.

Thanks!

Edited by jetsimace

Could anyone tell me, please, if that's a bug or some weird settings ?

Thanks

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Yes, but I played like this, before, and I didn't see that

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Hi everyone,

RWR is still broken when being hardlock by JF17, the threat is centered so it is impossible to get the relative direction.

I know the devs does'n read this section anymore, but still it has to be reported.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

(Sorry mods I couldn't figure out where to ask)

Quick question.

I just purchased and added the M2000 to my collection, it seems the startup training gets stuck on the step to tune the comm radios

And request Startup.

It will not advance. I read they may have updated the radios but I am running 2 patches behind the current build.

Is this a known problem or am I doing something wrong?