RAZBAM 2020 Q4 Update

RAZBAM_ELMO

Hi Razbam,

Your display team shows American jets with British flags on. You said a while ago that the GR7 would be in the pipeline after the NA.

Is there any update to those plans? Do you know when the GR7 will be started work on?

Many thanks for your work on the NA.

Dave

Hi Ninja,

Just some back ground to our scheme choice:

Historically (pre-Razbam endorsement) we've been a 'UK heavy' team hence the British flag, although we also have European team members from France and the Netherlands. As neither country operated the Harrier, and the original Harrier was a British design, we decided to pay homage to that and decided on a UK style scheme.

We love the Av8B, although personally I'd like a GR7 as I spent some years working on Harrier Squadrons, but I'm enjoying being spoilt with the AV8B's Big Engine, weapons set and the gun! You may see the scheme change in the future, as with any team we like to stay current.

Best Regards, Vanquished

• Like 2

I vaguely recall hearing that the Harrier would get the APKWS rockets if possible. Any word on whether or not that's possible?

IIRC the same question was recently asked on discord, the addition of APKWS wasn't ruled out but for now Razbam are focused on improving the AV-8B's existing systems and weapons.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Thanks for the update. I support the decision to focus on your current products, rather than chase the next flashiest thing. Well done.

Totally agree.

It's nice to look forward to eventually getting Strike Beagles, Tucanos and very old Mirage III's, and a new map of islands.... it's nicer to eventually get those products knowing that earlier products got finished "properly"!

• Like 2

Really nice! So no Strike Eagle again for the next ten years or so. Great news :thumbup: Instead a Lighting :thumbup:

CockpitPC1: R9 5950X|64GB DDR4|512GB M2SSD|2TB M2SSD|RTX3090|ReverbG2|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|32GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|2x GTX660 SLI|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC1: R9 3900XT|32GB DDR4|2x2TB HDD|RTX2070|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|16GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|GTX660|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC3: AthlnIIX2 250|2GB DDR2|2TB HDD|5950Ultra|2xVoodooII SLI|WinXPPro32&WinME - PC4: K6-2+|768MB SDR|640GB HDD|Geforce256DDR|VoodooI|Win98SE

DCS - Modules - 1.jpg

DCS - Modules - 2.jpg

Do you have an update to the new Mirage 2000 sound package? Thanks!

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Thank you for the comprehensive update on Razbam s various developments‘ status.

Nice to get an overview on the state of things.

Good on the Harrier customers, they get a much deserved sizable improvement for their aircraft with the coming update it seems.

What about the „big changes“ for the Mirage that you also announced would be coming in this update?

Regards,

snappy

Please everyone stop asking when new modules will arrive. RB has a lot of work to do in order to get their three current modules to the expected DCS standards of accuracy and complexity. It seems they have finally decided to fulfill what's needed. Let them work and press them in this only very important task. If they fail to do this, all the other modules are doomed, the mudhen being the first.

• Like 3

As many people pointed out that we get "fixes" and "kinks" ironed out, I want to thank you for all the hard work going into actually updating(!) as in "adding more features not initially planned" to enhance the AV-8B Harrier II and upgrade it to an even more modern version. Things like TPOD G4 upgrade, accurate GBU-54 implementation, modern TPOD HOTAS integration... Some seem minor, but it requires more research, work and troubleshooting and shows a lot how you maintain and enhance the Harrier to give us a worthwhile toy to play with. Thank you. :thumbup:

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

be happy that razbam dont announced it. dont want a next module that Will Never finished.

Maybe, but why another module instead working on the old ones to get them finished and then continuing the things that were anounced a long time ago (F-15E, Mig 23). I have no interest in a Lightning. What should a Lightning bring in case of learning doing systems for the strike eagle? It's only another time consuming bird to get finished. We will never see an F-15E if things go on this way.

I'm getting more and more tired of DCS, cause I don't want to fly aircraft, that stay in EA for years or aircraft I never had an interest in, cause of the lack of something else. If things go on this way, the aircraft we could fly in simulations more than twenty years ago in an acceptable state of realism for those times, we will never see here for the next twenty years.

CockpitPC1: R9 5950X|64GB DDR4|512GB M2SSD|2TB M2SSD|RTX3090|ReverbG2|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|32GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|2x GTX660 SLI|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC1: R9 3900XT|32GB DDR4|2x2TB HDD|RTX2070|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|16GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|GTX660|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC3: AthlnIIX2 250|2GB DDR2|2TB HDD|5950Ultra|2xVoodooII SLI|WinXPPro32&WinME - PC4: K6-2+|768MB SDR|640GB HDD|Geforce256DDR|VoodooI|Win98SE

DCS - Modules - 1.jpg

DCS - Modules - 2.jpg

Do note that the Lightning will be rather simple, akin to a MiG-21. Despite the really neat integrated flight instrument concept, it ultimately has little in terms of complex systems. MiG-23 will be more time-consuming, being somewhat more sophisticated as far as avionics go. I'm not interested in it, either, but I don't think it'll take up that much time. If anything is holding the F-15 up, it's the Harrier.

As many people pointed out that we get "fixes" and "kinks" ironed out, I want to thank you for all the hard work going into actually updating(!) as in "adding more features not initially planned" to enhance the AV-8B Harrier II and upgrade it to an even more modern version. Things like TPOD G4 upgrade, accurate GBU-54 implementation, modern TPOD HOTAS integration... Some seem minor, but it requires more research, work and troubleshooting and shows a lot how you maintain and enhance the Harrier to give us a worthwhile toy to play with. Thank you. :thumbup:

My english is no good. So, I adhere to those words. Thanks RB.

A question on the zoom with the TPOD. When I tried it earlier, I need to keep pressing the button (i.e. press, stop pressing, then press again), as just holding the button in did nothing.

Is that how it's meant to operate?

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I'm sorry to say this, but I have to drop a very serious rant here:

You shouldn't have taken an even smaller font than the default one. It's such a chore to read as for some strange reason it doesn't scale with the zoom setting (at least on my end though)... and yes, I actually stopped in the second paragraph because of that. While I'm at it, I might also want to greet and thank ED for their choice of board software again. And yeah, I know, it's still in Early Access. I just wished for this was legible.

By the length of it and the images though, I can only imagine you did a fairly good job there. Thanks for that!

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Great update for the Harrier. There are a few small quirks but overall a major positive :clap_2:

I didn't check but are you planning to also update the training missions? Don't overlook that topic as training missions for Harrier are really good. Would be a shame if they become irreverent.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Thats what I also think about. A F-15E and a MIG-23 were announced for a really long time and now we get a Lightning instead. Hooray!! Maybe it is an interesting bird, too, but after the announced modules are finished. We will never see an F-15E, thats my conclusion. Remember the first time it was announced to come to DCS. That was many years ago, long before the Tomcat.

DCS - Modules - 1.jpg

DCS - Modules - 2.jpg

We love the Av8B, although personally I'd like a GR7 as I spent some years working on Harrier Squadrons, but I'm enjoying being spoilt with the AV8B's Big Engine, weapons set and the gun! You may see the scheme change in the future, as with any team we like to stay current.

Thanks for the reply Harry.R. I hope I can get an official reply from @RAZBAM_ELMO too.

hello, thanks for the work, we have a lot of plane to play, as for the bugs, i know, they will be corrected with time and updates. for me that look normal.

I hope you'll be able to make one day the new M2000-5 module (for the fox3) from the M2000-C, it will review the radar, the ew and the mica missile.

For the Falklands map, I hope you will be able to make all the aircraft/ship/helicos that were players in these battles.

But clearly, it seem they have no more time developpment for dcs current projects, tucano, mig23, thunder,f-15e and all other seem freezed. they work only for the bug fixing mainly for the harrier. The team work for something else, surely for the customers priorities.

I found the sensitivity of the TDC slew to be very sensitive. It seems to be matched to the ground. I.e when i slew on the HUD, zoomed out, it is very manageable.

But full narrow view with zoom, it is almost uncontrollable. Is this intentional? I've been adjusting my controller settings constantly to find a sweet spot.