Mav F is cool

oldcrusty

Blue on Blue, ABORT ABORT ABORT ! :music_whistling:

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• 2 months later...
On 2/7/2021 at 1:50 AM, amalahama said:

Unfortunately we have perfectly boresighted Mavs, in comparison with Viper's. We don't have even the option (existing in RL). I would love Mavs in the Hornet gets improved to the level of the Viper's.

I do like heavy realism the approach they have taken with the viper

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

what a pity is that hornet doesn't have triple rack,it can only take 4 MAV,not like viper or warthog can carry 6 mav.

A-10C Warthog,Flaming Cliffs 3,F-16C VIPER,F/A-18C HORNET,Super Carrier,AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL,Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight,Black Shark 2,SA342 Gazelle,UH-1H Huey,Persian Gulf Map,Combined Arms

Intel i7-14700KF| Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 2070 AD Special OC GDDR6 8G | Acer PREDATOR 32g DDR5 6000MHZ | MSI PRO Z790A-MAX | Kingston KC3000 1T SSD M.2 | ST 12T HDD 7200RPM | AOC 2790PQU 27'' 4K |Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog PC

On 2/8/2021 at 8:22 PM, Sceptre said:

I do like heavy realism the approach they have taken with the viper

I hope that the new damage modeling comes with the capability do nice damages from launching six mavericks etc. Realism for the capability, as well for the damages.

And maybe it is time that we turn the 3 minutes repair time to something more realistic, 1-2 hours, and require players to swap aircraft with limited count. Just so that players wouldn't be stupid to damage their toys....

As well would be nice to get the challenges to get locks with mavericks, get the more realistic 0.8-2 nmi lock ranges for IR/TV models and many other things, like losing a lock and going dud with ballistic trajectory above target when laser is lost for a second or target pops a smoke.

Oh boy about the hate of the realism....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

29 minutes ago, Fri13 said:

get the more realistic 0.8-2 nmi lock ranges for IR/TV models

That seems to have been the realistic lock range for the A & B; but the D, H, and their derivatives do seem to have much better seeker range performance. 

On 2/16/2021 at 6:51 PM, flankerjun said:

what a pity is that hornet doesn't have triple rack,it can only take 4 MAV,not like viper or warthog can carry 6 mav.

Well it doesn’t carry the lighter warhead Mavericks that the Air Force planes do. The Viper can’t triple rack the heavier ones either. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Cytarabine said:

Well it doesn’t carry the lighter warhead Mavericks that the Air Force planes do. The Viper can’t triple rack the heavier ones either. 

The Hog can't either. It can only multi rack the light ones.

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg