A-10C II for dummies manual?

Beirut

Is there a tutorial video or anything of the kind that shows how to use the A-10C II in something approaching a limited fast and easy mode?

I love the A-10A, it goes well with my small brain, but the new A-10C II has too much eye candy to resist. I want the night vision, the HMCS, and the fancy cockpit, but I'd be happy to use the plane at an A-10A level or something slightly higher. Unguided bombs, rockets, and just a crapton of BRRRRRRRRRRTTT!

I will never! use the plane to it's full potential, but I don't mind paying for it and enjoying it to the extent that my skills permit.

Thank you.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Is there a tutorial video or anything of the kind that shows how to use the A-10C II in something approaching a limited fast and easy mode?

I love the A-10A, it goes well with my small brain, but the new A-10C II has too much eye candy to resist. I want the night vision, the HMCS, and the fancy cockpit, but I'd be happy to use the plane at an A-10A level or something slightly higher. Unguided bombs, rockets, and just a crapton of BRRRRRRRRRRTTT!

I will never! use the plane to it's full potential, but I don't mind paying for it and enjoying it to the extent that my skills permit.

Thank you.

I'm up for assisting you in learning your way in and around the A10C and her systems @Beruit . If you'd like the assistance. Have assisted many in learning, from basic to in depth, happy to do it again. I'll PM you an invite to our Discord server - if you choose to come on in or not, totally up to you. There are a handful of other Hog drivers in there that would be able to assist you as well. We often do a training day, where a training mission is used and we go to school.

Cheers,

Ziptie

• Like 1

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Excellent video's! Ralfidude does a great job of explaining the A10C II. The one for the TGP and HMD is the hardest, but once you understand the concepts, it's down hill from there.:pilotfly:

Yeah, those are great videos (the ones I've seen so far). The guy is cool and calm and he speaks like a zen chef teaching you how to brew green tea. Really makes it clear.

I was one the fence for the A-10C II, it ain't cheap and I wasn't sure I'd enjoy it with the complexity, but after five-minutes of one of his videos I knew I'd buy it.

• Like 1

I'm up for assisting you in learning your way in and around the A10C and her systems @Beruit . If you'd like the assistance. Have assisted many in learning, from basic to in depth, happy to do it again. I'll PM you an invite to our Discord server - if you choose to come on in or not, totally up to you. There are a handful of other Hog drivers in there that would be able to assist you as well. We often do a training day, where a training mission is used and we go to school.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Thanks. That's a mighty kind invite. :beer:

I'm going to order a pair of headphones with a mic from Amazon, and see if maybe I can handle the A-10C II well enough to fly with others.

These and (I know, I know) Gream Reapers tutorials. I learned o lot from them.

PS I literally never used NVG. There is no need to with a TGP.

I disagree. It gives you a soda straw view of the battlefield, but sometimes you need to have an eye on the sourrounding area (e.g. when protecting a friendly unit on the ground from potential ambushes), which doesn't work well with the TGP.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Whats the transition like for someone whom has been flying the I? Is it just learning a few new systems or is it starting from scratch?

OP said he's switching fram A to C, and it's whole another world.

From I to II is just minor adjust.

OP said he's switching fram A to C, and it's whole another world.

From I to II is just minor adjust.

The switch from A to C is a whole other world indeed. I love this plane! :thumbup:

What a premium feel it has to it. Been flying about an hour and I can handle the BRRRRRTT!, the rockets, and the unguided bombs on the fly. Not as bad as I thought, but I'm sure plenty of bad awaits me when I go deeper. And nice that it carries a good quantity of rockets. The A version was kind of anemic with rockets, the C at least packs a punch.

My only gripe is that if I choose Canada in the country selection for the plane, there's no C II version, only C. Nice camo skin on it though. Do you know if there's a way to get the C II under the Canada listing?

The Hog really starts to shine with Maverics and guided bombs, so you're just starting :)

And with droping dumb bombs (any bombs to be fair) really helpful for you would be if you learn to program wind correction ;) I'm just mentioning it to show you, you're just starting to learn systems ;)

Whats the transition like for someone whom has been flying the I? Is it just learning a few new systems or is it starting from scratch?

Transitioning from the A10C "I" to the A10C "II" is really quite easy. There are a handful of changes to the HOTAS commands, but half of those are not yet implemented. There are 3 new weapons to learn, all of the very straight forward. If you are capable of operating the A10C "I" to a high level, the "II" is an incredibly easy transition.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

The switch from A to C is a whole other world indeed. I love this plane! :thumbup:

What a premium feel it has to it. Been flying about an hour and I can handle the BRRRRRTT!, the rockets, and the unguided bombs on the fly. Not as bad as I thought, but I'm sure plenty of bad awaits me when I go deeper. And nice that it carries a good quantity of rockets. The A version was kind of anemic with rockets, the C at least packs a punch.

My only gripe is that if I choose Canada in the country selection for the plane, there's no C II version, only C. Nice camo skin on it though. Do you know if there's a way to get the C II under the Canada listing?

One thing that I recommend new pilots to the A10C "II" - if they are not transitioning from the A10C "I" - use the A10C "I" tutorials (in game). Most of the tutorials do not have changes for what the "II" will require, very minor ones to be fair.

This way, you can go through the in depth "interactive" TGP, TAD and other system tutorials - where steps are highlighted and taken step by step. Once you master that, the "II" has very little change / adaptation.

Cheers,

Ziptie

• Like 1

What a beast of a plane. :thumbup:

I managed to get a handle on the little laser guided rockets. Good fun. You just sit back and lay waste to an entire convoy. I hit a T-90 with a salvo of about 20 of the AP laser rockets and it did exactly nothing. Good fireworks though. And the HMCS is a riot. I can designate a point on the ground, slave the TGP to it, and then kaboodle the bastard with the laser rocket after a turn downrange. For me that's like splitting the atom and chewing gum at the same time.

Still can't fire a Maverick yet. Keep getting a "bad track HBMT" or something like that flashing on the MFD. I'll keep watching videos.

This plane has character, that's for sure.

What a beast of a plane. :thumbup:

I managed to get a handle on the little laser guided rockets. Good fun. You just sit back and lay waste to an entire convoy. I hit a T-90 with a salvo of about 20 of the AP laser rockets and it did exactly nothing. Good fireworks though. And the HMCS is a riot. I can designate a point on the ground, slave the TGP to it, and then kaboodle the bastard with the laser rocket after a turn downrange. For me that's like splitting the atom and chewing gum at the same time.

Still can't fire a Maverick yet. Keep getting a "bad track HBMT" or something like that flashing on the MFD. I'll keep watching videos.

This plane has character, that's for sure.

Try the A10CI training tutorial for the Maverick. Process is the same for firing all models, except the -L (which wasn't available for the "I"). It's under training from main DCS menu.

Also, the APKS will only kill a main battle tank with a rear aspect hit, and requires in the neighborhood of 9-10 from my experience. But yeah, APKS are easy to use and fun to employ. It's like having 7 mini mavericks on one station.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it, it only gets better from here!

Cheers,

Ziptie

Try the A10CI training tutorial for the Maverick. Process is the same for firing all models, except the -L (which wasn't available for the "I"). It's under training from main DCS menu.

Also, the APKS will only kill a main battle tank with a rear aspect hit, and requires in the neighborhood of 9-10 from my experience. But yeah, APKS are easy to use and fun to employ. It's like having 7 mini mavericks on one station.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it, it only gets better from here!

Cheers,

Ziptie

I'll watch that video. Thanks.

If I end up buying a Warthog stick just for this, I'll know I've gone mental. :joystick:

APKWS is not anti-tank weapon, they're more anti-infantry, non- and light-armoret vehicles. You can kill trucks, BTRs and BRDMs with one HE rocket. Using them for tanks is just waste.

When you'll get efficient with Mavs you should be able to fire six of them on different targets on one pass.

I'll watch that video. Thanks.

If I end up buying a Warthog stick just for this, I'll know I've gone mental. :joystick:

It’s not a video. It’s an interactive tutorial, that you fly while being shown and told how to operate systems. It’s through the main DCS menu, training, A10C “I”, maverick tutorial.

There are several others in there that will directly crossover to the “II” model. Some that will have an exceptionally small change to controls, but all completely worth it.

Cheers,

Ziptie

APKWS is not anti-tank weapon, they're more anti-infantry, non- and light-armoret vehicles. You can kill trucks, BTRs and BRDMs with one HE rocket. Using them for tanks is just waste.

When you'll get efficient with Mavs you should be able to fire six of them on different targets on one pass.

Correct, but they can shack a tank - although they are not really practical in that sense - it can be done.

Cheers,

Ziptie

I`ve been working my way through the A-10C II and man its like being back at school and to be honest if I had studied as hard at school as I have done on this beast I might have done better!

Anyway check out this guys videos for the Hawg https://www.youtube.com/user/ravagetalon/videos

They have been a great help to me to the point that in 3 weeks I am happily dropping GBU`s,CBU`s,Firing Mavericks and Rockets with a fairly decent consistency of not screwing them up,there are still lots of mistakes on my part but generally getting the weapons away even if not always as advertised.

Simplifies a lot of the systems without completely dumbing things down.

Now I just have to get brave and move on from bombing things on the ranges and get into some "contact" lol

Happy hunting

I`ve been working my way through the A-10C II and man its like being back at school and to be honest if I had studied as hard at school as I have done on this beast I might have done better!

Anyway check out this guys videos for the Hawg https://www.youtube.com/user/ravagetalon/videos

They have been a great help to me to the point that in 3 weeks I am happily dropping GBU`s,CBU`s,Firing Mavericks and Rockets with a fairly decent consistency of not screwing them up,there are still lots of mistakes on my part but generally getting the weapons away even if not always as advertised.

Simplifies a lot of the systems without completely dumbing things down.

Now I just have to get brave and move on from bombing things on the ranges and get into some "contact" lol

Happy hunting

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/dcs-world-tutorial-training-range/guides-tutorials/module-specific-tutorials/dcs-a-10c-warthog-tutorials/257535-ravagetalon-s-a-10c-tutorial-series

Buzz