PTT: use an active TX node

bpmorris

Hi All!

I have been wrestling with this for weeks and have not been able to get ARIO working after rebuilding my PC. Other custom VA commands are working fine, just all the ARIO commands are recognized but not passing through to DCS.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Ben

f557bb851c6d5b36cd340ad0f4e2d937.png.a7c3a1818b013c63170cea63c3d00324.png

4c02684475352eb646a589d2658800e8.png.e81486f348e257d6cb6cca6b72f3d237.png

f2ad6e72ac7f8e7f13b7e7c29fca4385.png.0eee23fe634441507439267a870cd2cd.png

It might be worth turning the PTT mode dial to Norm and seeing what happens. What HOTAS setup do you have?

also, try using ICS hot mic for AIRIO to see if there is any response - it may not be the final solution but could help get something up and running

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

• 3 weeks later...

Hey All, I am still wrestling with this and noticed that its not limited to the F14. For example I can lower thr landing gear in the F18 with a custom VA command but whenever I try any of the official VA commands like attempting an ATC inbound call nothing happens and I see the PTT use active node error in the VA app log.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

If you open the Vaicom config > PTT tab while you are in cockpit what does it show (from your settings I am guessing that it is TX3)? is the TX node you are trying to use shown as in use?

Have you checked your TX mappings in the Voiceattack profile page for Vaicom (Pencil icon next to the profile name on the VA main window) and confirmed that TX3 is mapped to the button you are using

Edited by hornblower793
Added additional suggestions

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Thanks @hornblower793 !!

I ended up importing an old VA profile and it all started working again with a minor exception. I cannot get the ARIO commands to be recognised except for TACAN Tune. For example RADIO Tune is not recognised at all, interestingly this command is not listed in the Viacom Editor tab command phrase drop down.... ARIO is otherwise enabled and working as the Tacan Tune command is working. I have tried resetting all options to regenerate the Viacom pro database but Radio Tune, Link Tune and Map Marker are still not in the drop down list... any suggestions??

They won't appear there as they are phrases contained within the AIRIO profile. They should be in a separate section in the VA profile list - page 43 of the manual covers this and how to import them if they are not there