getting cockpit arguments from within lua script

nighteyes2017

So i searched and found several hint and tips about this, old search results from 4 years ago, but nothing that really gives me the answer i'm seeking.

I know how to use the X: cockpit argument in range, from the ME. i know where find the argument numbers, values, device id etc.

What i would like to achieve is to give the same command/condition from a lua script that i start from the ME. So for example access the AOA from my own lua script, and then use that as a variable further in the script to send messages and other stuff.

I read about export.lua, and what it can do, but it cant find how to use that to write something that i can then access from my own lua script. It seems to concentrate on writing to a file, or writing to a network to access that from another program, but that is not what i want to do.

So is there a command i'm missing? MOOSE and MIST can access some things like speed etc, but not specific indicators. or did i overlook a function from either of the two?

Do i need to use export.lua? if so how do i make the connection between my script and the export.lua. Do i need to do network commands from my script for that and then access the export.lua?

Or is this not even possible at the moment?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

hi nighteyes2017

I have a more basic question if you may be able to help, im just trying to setup a training mission and want to use the  X: cockpit argument in range function to bring up the "highlight" function around a switch to show my friend which buttons to click. So I have found the model view and how to load a cockpit model through the shapes folder. However the part you know "i know where find the argument numbers, values, device id etc" it cant seem to find. For example when I load in the TF51D cockpit the AUG drop down menu in model view just shows 0.00 for everything... how do I find a switch in the cockpit and have it tell me the correct position for the ME. for example in the F86 cold start one of the first lines under set rules for triggers is X: Cockpit arguments in range (22, 0.1, 1) which i think means 22 is the switch number and .1 is on and 1 is?? your help would be much appreciated.

Thank you