TAC13 Blue on Blue

xanstin

I am at a loss. On the second target for Pinpoint I use the maverick but keep getting blue on blue kill for a paratrooper which is by the apc I am guessing. Is there something I am doing wrong here, should I just use guns?

Looking at the tacview the maverick hits then the troop moves to the burning wreckage and dies.

Yes you should use guns. This is a Danger Close mission so you need to assess the situation and pick the appropriate weapon (even if different from what the JTAC is asking for). The blue on blue is because the troops are getting killed by the splash damage from the maverick. I recommend guns when troops are close by. The mission only cares that you eliminate the threats not necessarily what specific weapon is used. However if you use guns on all targets you might run out of ammo before all threats are eliminated so you need to use your best judgement.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• 2 weeks later...

Switched to guns if they are anywhere remotely close...drop bombs on the next one JTAC says target destroyed no further tasking but Mission doesnt continue with who to contact next...just radio silence. I have done this probably 10 + times now