If there's anyone with a Monstertech mount, a Warthog stick, and a stick extension

Colt

who could let me know if the combination works with the short Monstertech mount, that would be really helpful - I'm thinking of getting one to use as a centermount with MFD accessory but I'm a bit concerned that the long mount may be a bit unwieldy, but on the other hand a lot of people seem to say that a (short) extension really adds.

Thanks!

Only heard great things about the Monstertech Mounts.

I went with the VIRPIL Mounts. Even extended to 20cm it's working perfectly.

I'm sure the Monstertech at least as sturdy and are worth the money.

If you like to save some bucks, check out Virpils Mounts.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

I use a Monstertech Mount (the smaller one), but with a VKB-Stick. Fantastic quality and very sturdy.

I plan on using an extensions with my VKB Stick & have been told, that everything longer than 100mm should be used with the longer version of the MT mount.

So maybe you should keep that in mind, when considering to upgrade.

Ryzen 5800XD - 32GB RAM - Sapphire RX 7900 XTX - VKB Stuff + MFG Crosswind Pedals

Homebase: Southwest Germany 🇩🇪

PXL_20201103_210309936.thumb.jpg.4a77dadea9fe3606ad90ec6b4e1d5e41.jpg Thanks all, very helpful

@Gruman: thanks for the suggestion. I've considered them, but the stocking seems uncertain (everything seems permanently on backorder) and I think I like the MT look more (although that comes at a premium). They also do not seem to have the MFD mount equivalent.

@Canadus: don't plan on going longer than that, but thanks for the warning

@Uncle: looks good. Do you like the force sensing base? MT sell a separate adapter that goes on top on which you can mount the Thrustmaster MFDs but it also has a VESA mount - I'm planning on mounting my secondary screen on it with 2 MFDs and the DCS UFC.

Again, Monstertech is great. If you want that one and you want a mount within the next couple days, go for it.

For the VIRPIL you have to accept the backorder. Will probably take a 2-3 Weeks until its shipped (I have waited that long for my curved 20mm extension on backorder). But the process worked great.

For a center MFD, this one works perfectly: MFD Attachment for Virpil Desk Mount V1, but you need a 3d Printer. Still looking for right and left MFD Brackets.

-> Nevermind, saw that you want to mount a custom Screen with two MFD on top of it. :smartass:

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

I have both long and short Monstertech mounts, and have a Warthog grip - used to be on the Thrustmaster base with a 10cm extension, but now on a VPC WarBRD base with a 5cm extension. The longer mount is definitely worth it for me, with my dual office / gaming setup being the limiting factor on how low I can mount the stick. The mount is just below the level I could achieve with the short mount - I ideally wanted a bit lower but compromised to maintain a setup which allows me to reach my pedals without having to re-arrange the furniture each time I change from work to play.

Can send you some pictures if you like, but have also found Monstertech to be incredibly helpful, so if you wanted a length between the short and long mounts they might well be able to do for you. Their mounts are really good quality and happy to post some photos of my setup if that will help you

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Thanks guys - bit the bullet and ordered two (short) mounts (before I saw hornblower's comment I must add). I'll probably go for a short extension at some point but let's see how this works out. Thanks again to all for your input.

Glad you did it - a short extension is definitely worth it - even the 5cm extension I have makes a lot of difference to the level of control - it also allows you to easily adjust the rotation of the grip on the base

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

@Colt the Fssb is awesome if you fly the f16:)

So do you like the DCS version? I'm looking for something in addition to the F14. I used to play a lot of both Falcon IV and Jane's F/A-18 but the F/A-18 just doesn't have the appeal as the F-16. But the early access state of the F-16 vs its price tag is a bit of a concern.

So do you like the DCS version? I'm looking for something in addition to the F14. I used to play a lot of both Falcon IV and Jane's F/A-18 but the F/A-18 just doesn't have the appeal as the F-16. But the early access state of the F-16 vs its price tag is a bit of a concern.

well since the danish airforce only got F-16's i didnt really have a choice :D