[REPORTED]Laser Maverick timing out after launch...

Ballinger French

Hello,

With the non-beta version of DCS World and the stable release of the A10 II, I'm seeing the following:

TGP/target set as SPI, laser firing and set in latch mode, code verified, Laser Maverick locked on spot mode and in range. The Laser Maverick time to impact after launch is typically about 5-10 seconds behind actual impact time on the TGP display and, as a result, the laser shuts itself off automatically at the zero countdown mark before the missile impacts on target. One must immediately manually re-lase before missile impact or the Maverick will fail to hit the target.

I noticed the same behavior in Matt Wagner's A10 II laser Maverick tutorial on Youtube, and he had to manually re-lase as well after the missile erroneously timed out on the TGP and his latched laser automatically turned off at zero countdown to impact.

Thank you.

I may be wrong, but if you have your TGP laser set to LATCH, it won't shut off after impact? I thought that was only in AUTO mode.

Is there any chance you have burned out your laser? After extended use, the laser will only remain on for a couple seconds regardless of what mode you are in, and you need to repair/replace the TGP to fix it.

Hello,

With the non-beta version of DCS World and the stable release of the A10 II, I'm seeing the following:

TGP/target set as SPI, laser firing and set in latch mode, code verified, Laser Maverick locked on spot mode and in range. The Laser Maverick time to impact after launch is typically about 5-10 seconds behind actual impact time on the TGP display and, as a result, the laser shuts itself off automatically at the zero countdown mark before the missile impacts on target. One must immediately manually re-lase before missile impact or the Maverick will fail to hit the target.

I noticed the same behavior in Matt Wagner's A10 II laser Maverick tutorial on Youtube, and he had to manually re-lase as well after the missile erroneously timed out on the TGP and his latched laser automatically turned off at zero countdown to impact.

Thank you.

I've not observed this behavior at all. Laser stays firing until impact for me, and requires me to depress NWS to disengage laser after impact. This behavior is observed with all laser guided weapons, all successful impacts on target, with spot on (flashing L). Odd you are having this issue. No possibility of double binds, or accidently pressing NWS after employment of weapon? If not, wondering if you have 'burned the laser out' - as @AW139 mentioned above.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

In Wags' recent tutorial video for the A10II, notice that he fires a laser maverick in latched laser mode and the time to impact on the TGP times out before missile impact. His laser stops automatically firing about that moment (the 'L' stops flashing), and I'm assuming he starts to manually lase at the that point right before his missile impacts target. If I don't immediately start to manually lase under the same conditions, the missile will impact off target, which one would expect. The problem is not missile accuracy or a laser malfunction as far as I can tell; rather, it's the countdown to impact time out that seems to automatically turn the laser off under a latched on state. Thank you guys.

${1}

I’ve noticed the same behavior. I’ve had to re-fire the laser because it shut itself off (in latch mode) before impact.

But remember: The laser seeker can see the end of the laser 8nm from you at all times regardless of your distance to the target. Be sure you’re not firing the weapon beyond 8nm slant range on the TGP.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

I’ve noticed the same behavior. I’ve had to re-fire the laser because it shut itself off (in latch mode) before impact.

But remember: The laser seeker can see the end of the laser 8nm from you at all times regardless of your distance to the target. Be sure you’re not firing the weapon beyond 8nm slant range on the TGP.

I'm definitely firing the laser maverick at less than 8nm, well within the launch WEZ for a laser maverick. I seem to notice that the problem is more pronounced when a flatter trajectory profile is flown at the time of missile launch. If I fly a steep vertical profile at the time of missile launch, the laser seems to reliably fire throughout missile impact, even though I'm firing the maverick at the same distance from target with either a flat or steep trajectory.

Well, the track file is from a multiplayer mission, and I doubt ED wants a 97mb track file. Is there any way to edit it? It shows exactly what happens in Wags' video, except I don't catch it in time and the Maverick ends up short of the SA-6.

• ED Team

No a large MP will be difficult to use, is this something that can be replicated in single player?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying the sitting ducks mission, and probably 7x out of 10 (or some close statistic) my laser (set to latch on) will quit before the maverick impacts. it quits like 3 seconds before and the maverick comes up short on the shilka. I do a turn towards the hills, come back around and the laser works as intended and the maverick makes. I don't know what i'm doing wrong so if someone could watch my track and help me out it would be appreciated.

I've heard the laser can burn out after 20 minutes of use, but this is literally the first target I acquire and "laser" when entering the mission. Otherwise tgp set to lsr, and latch on is set.

the mission has been edited, only to drag my aircraft across the river for a bit longer of a start point to acquire the first target, and of course the loadout.

I'm not sure how the track file will work, I was using my new reverb g2 at the time with my very old 970 gtx - so i'm not sure if my low frames effects the track or anything - but hopefully there is enough info there for someone to tell me whats up.

thanks.

sitting-ducks-laser-quits.trk

The laser is limited to a range of 8nm so don’t try to fire at AGM65D ranges or you will come up short.

note that the 65L will always only see 8nm of range on its MFCD (it’s seeing the end of the laser) unless and until you’re at or inside 8nm on the TGP or from a steerpoint.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

That’s great that you’ve never experienced this issue, but there are two track files within this thread showing that it happens when the weapons is deployed within range. It’s a bug, that will hopefully be squashed soon. 

Edited by Chunk
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Tried the laser maverick on the A-10C II.  Bug appears to still be there.

Got time to make the Mosquito (that nobody asked for) but can’t dedicate a couple people to the airframe that put your company on the map...

Edited by agamemnon_b5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The bug is still around; three short tracks attached: fired L-Mavs from distances 5.5 (...5-5.trk), 6.5 (...6-5.trk) and 7 (...7.trk), all Mavs miss due to latched/auto lase/-r prematurely turning off. Bug is present in both SP and MP (tracks are from SP). No mods installed, only SRS; version used is OB with latest updates as of today.

a10c2_lmav_autolase_prob_5-5.trk a10c2_lmav_autolase_prob_7.trk a10c2_lmav_autolase_prob_6-5.trk

• Like 1