Hidden on MFD Option

NeMoGas

Not sure if this is reported yet, I looked around but didn't see anything. Also I am assuming this is not the correct behavior for this option but here goes.

When you place a SAM unit such as an SA-19 Tunguska in the ME you have the option to hide it on the MFD, the mission planner, and the F10 map.

When selecting to hide it on the MFD it seems the threat rings still appear on the DL page of aircraft such as the F18, and the option has no effect.

Now If I select to instead hide it on the map then the unit will disappear not only on the map, but also the threat rings will be removed from the DL page in my airplane.

Hidden on planner seems to work correctly so no problems there, but it seems as if hidden on MFD was merged into hidden on map and the option has no function.

This results in being able to hide the unit on DL using the hidden on map option, but also makes it impossible for you to assign waypoints or directly control it with CA because you can't click the unit in the F10 map because it is invisible.

I assume the hidden on MFD option is to allow units with threat rings to be hidden inside the airplane but still be visible on the mission planner or F10 map if so desired.

If this is not a bug then disregard, but it seemed like one to me.

Thanks for your attention.

• Like 3

I am also seeing this, Hidden On MFD seems to have ceased to function (providing it is intended to hide the threat rings from aircraft DL plages) a few patches ago but can't seem to work out when. Would be really nice to have it working again.

Below you can see unit set to be HiddenOnMFD in editor: *Note all units were set to be Hidden On MFD in this mission.HiddenOnMFD_Editor.thumb.PNG.5cbbf5f1fe165030a088b638a4f24a27.PNG

Below we can see the unit on the SA pages in both the 16 & 18 and also on the KA-50 ABRIS:

HiddenOnMFD_F-16SA.PNG.65a6312c50eaa853d26a577e4f5aeb32.PNG

HiddenOnMFD_F-18SA.thumb.PNG.0fe6cfc27de9fc2ffc1548fbfba6e23e.PNG

HiddenOnMFD_KA-50Abris.PNG.8a57c6918eeec21475cd53a6b5c74b32.PNG

Example mission file is attached.

Hidden_On_MFD_TEST_Mission.miz

HiddenOnMFD_Editor.thumb.PNG.9e6d7c1502b9b6b6e0332f799e9c5921.PNG

HiddenOnMFD_F-16SA.PNG.386b9abc8e871eee8a1daf1b81b5b963.PNG

As far as I am aware the functionality has not yet been added to the aircraft avionics. The UI is implemented, nothing more.

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please.

• Like 2

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you want the only workaround that can be used, Set the units as hidden. In MP, your gamesmaster can't see them either and that's your choice. Would be nice if it worked, I find the range rings annoying for fixed sam sites and gamebreakign for the small ones.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

+1

Also make static objects groupable please.
I like to decorate the carriers and some other areas.
For every edit I need to unhide the statics, then change and then hide them again.

(the double click on a unit in the unit list is my most liked editor feature atm ^^)

Edited by Eld0r

[ ]  twitch.tv/eld0r — Chaos, dumme Sprüche, Chaos und keine Wiederholungen.  [ ]

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2022 at 10:29 PM, NineLine said:

This was fixed back in June of last year, people still seeing an issue with hidden on MFD not working? New missions, existing missions, etc?

It doesn't work even with the newest missions. 
Putting a sam site and it will directly be visible on your MFD... only way of not having that is putting the group as hidden, or maybe hidden on map...

Leo

Edited by leo2510

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2022 at 3:29 PM, NineLine said:

This was fixed back in June of last year, people still seeing an issue with hidden on MFD not working? New missions, existing missions, etc?

Yes 100% this is still a problem. Perhaps it is related to dynamically spawned units? You can spawn in a KA50 and see all sams on the ABRIS then just copy down coordinates go find those units. Totally ruins gameplay on PVP servers involving ground combat.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah it was fixed in the sense that a mission made in the ME with all SAMs pre loaded would no longer appear on MFDs or ABRIS (at least back when I tested it after the initial fix). However in a server that uses triggers or scripts to load units into a mission dynamically the option does not work even when the flag for hidden on MFD is on.

Now that the Apache has threat rings and preloads radar equipped SAMS we get 8+ wonderful pages of targets automatically preloaded into the coords page on DDCS just like the KA50.

Well maybe not quite as OP as the KA50. The KA50 will show not only SAMS or AAA systems with radars like the Apache but it will also show MANPADS, Avengers, Linebackers, ZU23 equipped vehicles like the new technicals or any other non radar system. The only one I noticed that didn't appear on ABRIS is the Flak 88 so I guess that is the defacto KA50 killer.

This is a bigger issue than just knowing where the enemy anti aircraft systems are, it also allows you to find hidden convoys if someone built anti aircraft units to defend that convoy. You can just use the ABRIS cursor and info button to get the exact location of any (except the Flak 88) anti aircraft unit and then send a JSOW or SLAM-ER at it, or give the coords to a friend for termination. Basically there is no need for reconnaissance in these PVP servers anymore, just hop in a KA50 for like 5 minutes and turn the ABRIS on.

• ED Team
On 5/9/2022 at 11:52 AM, Sapper31 said:

Yes 100% this is still a problem. Perhaps it is related to dynamically spawned units? You can spawn in a KA50 and see all sams on the ABRIS then just copy down coordinates go find those units. Totally ruins gameplay on PVP servers involving ground combat.

If someone has an example of this, send it my way.

Thanks.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png