DCS Load Times

I know this has been discussed before but the issue appears to be back after the latest update unless i have a setting wrong somewhere. Fully tricked out PC, boot up DCS and the little DCS window appears and then sits there for 30 seconds with no activity on my SSD. Then my SDD decides its not it is not on strike anymore and loads the game. Total load time about a minute. Is that normal? Thank you.

How much longer, Ops? The engine’s overheating and so am I. We either stand down or blow up. Which do you want?

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

You're welcome. Here are your slowdowns:

6 seconds between these lines (less than 1 second in my log)

2020-11-04 10:51:09.383 INFO Dispatcher: Loading installed modules...

2020-11-04 10:51:16.091 INFO Scripting: OBSOLETE mount_vfs_sound_path() used in ./CoreMods/aircraft/AJS37/entry.lua

27 seconds between these lines (less than 1 second in my log)

2020-11-04 10:51:19.356 INFO SOUND: Added sound path: ./Mods/aircraft/F14/Sounds

2020-11-04 10:51:47.087 INFO SOUND: Added sound path: ./Mods/aircraft/FA-18C/Sounds

I don't own the Hornet module. We need another user's log to know if the Hornet sounds loading time is normal.

I've attached my log file.

By the way, DCS might be way happier if you gave it a 32 GB pagefile. Try setting it manually to 32 GB min and 32 GB max. Your current pagefile is 4 GB.

dcs.log

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Thanks Flappie, I just finished reinstalling Windows and had forgotten about the page file. I got great internet so may just do a full reinstall instead of the back up copy i used of DCS.

How much longer, Ops? The engine’s overheating and so am I. We either stand down or blow up. Which do you want?

Uninstalled the AJS37 module, load time straight down to 30 seconds. I am no Sherlock Holmes but i am guessing that was the problem child :)

Will do but it late here (I am in Canberra, Australia) Will attach the new load log without it and then reinstall the Viggen, and attach the new load log tomorrow, if that is ok with you. The in game load times seem quicker as well without it but that just may be me. Again many thanks for your help, 30 years ago i could cope, now i am lost lol.