Control profile not loading on startup

hmleao

Hey guys,

Bought the module these days and I'm having a blast with it. The problem is every time I open DCS and start up a mission, the controls are those "default" ones. Then I load the profiles that are in the p-51 directory like all the other modules and it works while DCS is running. Start DCS again, and have to do the same procedure. Did anyone have this problem? Is there a fix? I know it's a minor thing and all, but it's anoying since other modules I have don't do this.

Check if you've got two separate folders in Saved Games/DCS/Config/Input/ location for both Mustang production blocks. One should be called "P-51D", the other - "P-51D-30-NA". If one of these folders is missing, just create it manually and fill it with content copied from the other.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Check if you've got two separate folders in Saved Games/DCS/Config/Input/ location for both Mustang production blocks. One should be called "P-51D", the other - "P-51D-30-NA". If one of these folders is missing, just create it manually and fill it with content copied from the other.

That was it. Thanks.

• 1 year later...
On 11/3/2020 at 1:10 PM, Art-J said:

Having the same problem.  Thanks for documenting the fix!  There's still newbs to the Mustang in 2022 running into the same defects as the rest of you did years ago.  Couldn't figure out why my HOTAS mapping wouldn't update properly.  NOW I understand ... there's different input directories for the different airframes.  Not intuitively obvious to this Jet/Heli guy.

• Like 2

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod