DCS Super Hercules mod by Anubis

Eight Ball

This really needs to be considered for a 3rd party module Anubis. With the dynamic campaign coming next year, this would be instrumental in deploying assets to the battlefield. Someone has already started combat drops with your mod on YouTube. Because of the way they saved the video I cannot imbed it to view from the forum so here is the link.

The roles the C-130 has would really persuade a lot of people to buy it I think. They could include hot combat drops, Insertion/extraction for SF/SEAL units, boat role outs over the sea, close air support with an AC variant, moving troops and supplies to forward deployed bases, French maritime operations including Harpoon and Hellfire use ect..... The dynamic campaign will surely be implementing these tasks to keep the campaign pushing forward. I would like to see these tasks available for a real player to complete with a C-130 module. It would be a perfect fit. Not only that, it would open up air support/intercept missions for other players flying fighters. A lot of good things would come from this module and be challenging.

I can only imagine the daunting task of taking this on yourself, but I bet there are people out there willing to assist in making this a full blown product. DCS needs it. Hope this eventually finds its way to a full fledge module like others we have scene do the same. Keep up the amazing work!

• Like 1

Eight Ball Hello, the aircraft stops on the ground. When the vehicle leaves the cabin, it will fall into the ground directly. There is no parachute when the vehicle is launched in the air. Can you send me another two scripts and maps for testing, thank you.

Right now, only the HAWK containers have parachutes, all the other cargos need to be deployed on the ground.

See this video for cargo deployment:

You'll need mist.lua (check the forums) and I've attached the other needed file (Hercule_Cargo.lua)

EDIT: I've also attached the test mission made by Knapsack

Because of the way they saved the video I cannot imbed it to view from the forum so here is the link.

That's my vid :)

Not sure why the URL is so messy in your link, just need the YT code inbetween the "=" and the "&" : _zgg7eQiSno

Hercules_Cargo.lua

Herculus_Cargo_test.miz

• Like 1

I've just posted it right there, post #31

You dont need CTLD but you need Hercules_Cargo.lua

in the mission editor, load mist first and in another trigger load Hercules_Cargo.lua

I see. It's done according to your settings, Hercules_ Cargo.lua And mists_ 4_ 4_ 90. Lua, I set them all. The problem is the same, dizzy.

so uh can i ask which variant of this C-130 mod base on? the model doesnt seem to match C-130J right?

Cockpitwise, it does.

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

NEW RIG:

RYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

Great job Backy :thumbup:

v5.2 is available!

Version 5.2 Change log.

1. Smoke on Engine 1+2 corrected when under heavy load.

2. Outer pylons will not appear when no weapons are loaded.

3. Updated ammo load-out.

4. JATO Key-bind corrected

Updated download link in the first post

This was actually fun to fly and was very, very well done. I am looking forward to how this project evolves and using the C-130 in more missions. Adds a nice variety. It made me wish I could have some F-18's refuel - Chicks in tow! :-)

Hello. can you confirm where we have to drop the skins for the Hercules Mod please. i put them in save games/DCS.openbeta/Mods/Aircraft/Hercules/Liveries/hercule and i can't use them. Thanks.

No, liveries go in : C:\Users\%username%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\Hercules\

anubis know of mp stability issues ?

yes

• Like 1