DCS Super Hercules mod by Anubis

Eight Ball

Holy shit this guy needs his own team! Eagle Dynamics really needs to get with Anubis on this mod and release the full potential of the SDK to him. Anubis, get yourself a team together and go full EFM. This video should sell everyone on the reason we need a full C-130 module for the upcoming dynamic campaign. I have no doubt the support from the community is there for a full fidelity C-130. So many options for this module. I would love to see this module taken to its fullest potential.

• Like 5

Anubis C-130J-30 Skin 12-Pack V1.0 is now ready for liftoff ...

- PDF that's included in the Skin Pack is available below.

- 12 different skins from six different skin creators. See the PDF for details and install instructions.

Thank you Anubis for bringing the C-130 alive in DCS!

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dyo2040zn2blh5l/Anubis_C-130J-30_Skin_12-Pack_V1.0.rar/file

Download size: 376 MB

Anubis C-130J-30 Skin Pack V1.pdf

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Any ide will there be a texture upgrade for cockpit and 3d model?

And I hope he will create a dev team for this plane and makes it official

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Hello,

congratulations on this very high quality work.

On DCS we have a aerobatic team with the MB339s and a cargo plane which is also in the presentation. Currently we use the C130 modeled by the Cuesta brothers (who rendered service me).

Your Hercules is much more evolved, especially in the Cockpit, but also in the flight domain.

Our C130 is equipped with 3 smoke pods (blue white red), which works with the T button.

is it possible to mount 3 smoke pods on your plane, and how do i go about it?

Thanking you

Jean Pierre

Thanks for the link for the skins. But i still have the same PB. I put the files of the skins in "saved games/DCS.openbeta/Livreries/Hercules and it doesn't work .I only have the original skin in the mission editor (Coalition USA). If you have the solution???

Am I missing the key combo for countermeasures, or are they not implemented yet?

This is an outstanding mod aircraft.

Not implemented ATM

Any idea when it will be Reshade compatible ?

IIRC, not a priority for Anubis

Hello,

congratulations on this very high quality work.

On DCS we have a aerobatic team with the MB339s and a cargo plane which is also in the presentation. Currently we use the C130 modeled by the Cuesta brothers (who rendered service me).

Your Hercules is much more evolved, especially in the Cockpit, but also in the flight domain.

Our C130 is equipped with 3 smoke pods (blue white red), which works with the T button.

is it possible to mount 3 smoke pods on your plane, and how do i go about it?

Thanking you

Jean Pierre

You should probably ask on Discord: https://discord.gg/XBM5pw3nSz

Is there a Github or somewhere I can know when a new version comes out?

No, only Discord: https://discord.gg/XBM5pw3nSz

Thanks for the link for the skins. But i still have the same PB. I put the files of the skins in "saved games/DCS.openbeta/Livreries/Hercules and it doesn't work .I only have the original skin in the mission editor (Coalition USA). If you have the solution???

Have you put just the textures files in that folder? Each livery must have it's own subfolder within saved games/DCS.openbeta/Livreries/Hercules

6sa3Gm2.jpg

Well, someone had to do it... LoL! Landing the Herc on an aircraft carrier. Managed it on the first try even though it's far from a good landing (I've only flown the Herc a couple of times so far). Lots of fun. Thanks, Anubis, for the wonderful mod!!!

Edited by Doc3908
  • Like 2

Thank you again for the wonderful mod! I have a question regarding the autopilot. I just created a mission where I start in the air (up till now I've been taking off from the ground) and apparently the autopilot is auto-enabled. When I start my approach, the "Autopilot" warning starts blaring. I found two switches that disable the autopilot but if I move the throttle up (??) the autopilot comes back on and I have to flip the switches to "off" again. Can anyone tell me how to disable the autopilot? (I'm flying in VR, so the labels are very difficult to read)

Thanks in advance.

Doc

There is only one way to deal with what we all want out of this module, go full 3rd party dev! Shit, post a kickstarter campaign or Go fund me and I will throw dollar bills at you like you are on stage. This C-130 module is a must for next years dynamic campaign release. Especially with the intentions and already implementation of the weapons systems. A team of 3 or 4 dudes flying one AC-130 or combat cargo drop on the servers would be the cats ass. Especially night ops and Soar units. I really continue to hope ED is picking up on the community and their interest in this outstanding mod. Keep up the brilliant work Anubis. You got everyone fired up!

Lockheed-AC-130U.thumb.jpg.06182ed2c954657ec0e105a241bb5621.jpg

2061746219_07Cb57h.jpgfit12802C853ampssl1ampw800.jpg.58804e84b8f171e24d60835009ae3698.jpg

hc-130j-night-1a*1200xx1400-791-0-0.thumb.jpg.06320172d981f21884701125e0c8f65d.jpg

Q7XYKG5UTZCLXH6INZOPTM6ET4.thumb.jpg.0f5596f68e7b34412cc68efab7849c22.jpg

a707a3d84b31c6b3405d7dd8aec77685.thumb.jpg.66e8ef42fa63ded6c3ab67e72cf3ffad.jpg

629951-C-VJH12-482.thumb.jpg.7c8acaa3fcadde386b5d6729c1bcbdff.jpg

• Like 3

v5.4 is out :)

Below is the changes included in this version

1: TEXTURES:

Replaced base Livery with new textures provided by @strider

2: LIVERIES:

Liveries placed in C:\Users\youruser\Saved Games\DCS or DCS.openbeta\Liveries\Hercules

Will now be selectable.

2:LOAD-OUT CHANGES:

Weight added to each item/unit description.

eg.(IFV BMP-2 [31460lb])

Unit/Item List:

Removed:

Hawk Sam units temporarily removed.(pending function testing)

Added:

Avenger SAM.

Cobra APC.

M113 APC.

HEMTT Tanker.

HEMTT TFFT.

M2A2 Bradley IFV.

MCV-80 Warrior IFV.

BMP-1 IFV.

BMP-2 IFV.

BMP-3 IFV.

BRDM-2 ARV.

BTR-80 APC.

Roland Sam System (Radar&Launcher)

to have the new units work with the cargo drops load the new Hercules_Cargo.lua inlcuded in the mod main folder.

Load-out allocation:

Each item/unit have been re-assigned to a load position taking into account the weight of each item and aircraft center of weight.

3.VIEWS:

View points has been adjusted in station 3+4.

4.PYLON:

Pylon Visibility animation corrected

A Special thanks goes out to:@Striderfor the default textures

The Herc received a face lift :thumbup:

HvijOu0.png

CAcXcj6.png

V9r7E7d.png

• Like 4

I was working on textures for the Herc but stoped work immediateley when I saw this template. Bloody marvelous work Strider!! I'm your number one fan mate!

For those that want to get a crew together, VSAAF will be hosting a mission "Gulf Island Wars" tonight using the hercules extensively in a mission logistic environment. Eight Hercs in total can be crewed up and almost all other DCS planes available.

Midnite Signature.jpg

552334314_MidniteSignature.jpg.7c1678ea5639bd6d044b092eb97c300e.jpg

Just to note .

You can add the livery pack via :

adding this in the entry.lua

mount_vfs_liveries_path (current_mod_path .. "/Liveries")

Adding the livery pack in the liveries folder off the mod .

C:\Users\XXX\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\Hercules ver 5.3\Liveries\hercules

It could be posible that the paintkit of the mod could be shared ?

60c05a63b64cbd797610792b73b2278e.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just to note .

You can add the livery pack via :

adding this in the entry.lua

mount_vfs_liveries_path (current_mod_path .. "/Liveries")

Adding the livery pack in the liveries folder off the mod .

C:\Users\XXX\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\Hercules ver 5.3\Liveries\hercules

It could be posible that the paintkit of the mod could be shared ?

The template has been added to the first post (just under the livery pack)

Also, if you install your liveries in Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\Hercules, you dont need to edit the lua

Personally I think it's a better solution, no risk of deleting your liveries when updating to a new version or having to liveries conflict with the ones that might be added as part of the mod itself

I was working on textures for the Herc but stoped work immediateley when I saw this template. Bloody marvelous work Strider!! I'm your number one fan mate!

:thumbup: