DCS Super Hercules mod by Anubis

Eight Ball

Thanks. I only asked because I can't get it to work. I can see the external model, but even when I click on client, it doesn't put me in the cockpit. Looks like an awesome mod though.

You sure you're looking at the modded Hercules and not the default C130?

Also, good news for the Steam users, a fix should be released tomorrow!

From someone_somewhere on Discord:

Greetings!

Over the past two weeks I’ve worked with Anubis to understand the source of the Steam-FPS bug. We were able to trace it to the usage of an ED audio API that is not accessible from the steam version. While we still dont understand why this is the case, I am pleased to announce that the latest Hercules version includes an alternative sound implementation that resolves the FPS bug for steam users.

To enable, simply install the latest version of the mod, and navigate to the Hercules Special Options page in DCS. You will see a “Steam Version” checkbox that, if enabled, utilizes the new audio implementation. All steam users should check this box.

Standalone users should not enable this feature, as it reduces the quality of the external sound effects. This is a limitation of the alternate sound API, and is out of our control.

Please note that this does not mitigate any FPS issues related to the usage of Reshade, nor DCS instability when the NS430 add-on is installed.

• Like 1

You sure you're looking at the modded Hercules and not the default C130?

Also, good news for the Steam users, a fix should be released tomorrow!

From someone_somewhere on Discord:

Hi the fix works great for the steam version, thanks to you and Anubis, its a great mod!....amazing!

A new download link for the mod is up!

Hercules v5.0

Beware, this mod doesnt play well with Reshade (FPS loss) and the NS430 module, you'll need to deactivate it to avoid CTDs

Thank You for the info about NS430, that could be why My system crashes every time I try to fly the mod, at least I can fly for a min or so, before

the crash, so I will take off the NS430 and see if it makes a difference. The EightBall link above this for version 5.0 does not work.

Holy guacamole... or something along the line. ^^ What a wonderful mod. This plane looks, flies and feels like a Herci - bird. I cant praise this enough. Made some flights, cargo drops and it is great. One question actually has arisen, because i wasnt able to find a solution. When using Operator and the weapon modules, there also should be something like an FLIR/Camera dome on the fuselage? At least thats what i am seeing in some pictures of this mod, and in reality it is there too. So, maybe i am to slow, or retarded, but where do i find this "TGP"?

will this mod work with reshade? I think in the future / as soon as possible?

Yes. Enable the steam capability mode.

:shrug: I'm just telling you how it works.

Hi,

Brilliant, thank you. I was part of the 'talking freight' for 5 years back in the 70's. I always sat last seat, Left side(Facing forward) by the door. Used to stand at the door inbound to Lyneham as the descent started, break thru the cloud and see the British countryside again.....hey. green fields...normality...amazing, Knew I was pushing my luck as we passed over Swindon's 'magic roundabout' and then the aircraft would roll left, I would lose the view....and round about the the loadie would 'have a word'...haha. One guy just let me stand to the bitter end, shaking his head (Thank you Sarge). Did a low level Lye- Newcastle with full load of para's who puked their way to Newcastle, weather out of limits for the drop. A/C was very bumpy, loadie did a walkabout with a sick back in hand....made a show of BARFING into the bag...the looked in. saw something interesting and pulled out something to 'recycle' that set off the talking freight....grabbing bags and filling them....lol.

Low level in Rhodesia, it was so bumpy and hot, they opened the back door to let air in and we could go walkabout on the ramp, once they put the long lead and belt on you. Too late for my Cpl, but I was glad of the fresh air.

Anyway,. I cannot get my MFG Crosswinds to be recognised...if you could sort that, no rush, THANK YOU

• Like 1

Any new updates from 5.6? Wondering when he will have a webpage. I like many others have had issues locating the most current version on discord. Having it posted on the first page when it is updated has been nice.

5.8 is the latest

It is found under anubis-hercules-release on the discord.

Just under #dcs-chat.