DCS Super Hercules mod by Anubis

Eight Ball

On 11/23/2020 at 5:32 PM, OPEC said:

First of all, thanks for the amazing mod. Its so much fun to fly.

The second thing: ED really needs to check their point on Big planes (bombers or Cargoplanes). This is just to much fun to be left aside.

Third thing: When ED has changed their mind, make this an official 3rd party Module.

So once again - thanks for many, many hours of fun to come.

+1

Especially on the official 3rd party module... 😉

Edited by Bobetta
  • Like 1

I wanted to express my sincere gratitude for what you done here with this mod. It feels sooo good to get back into what feels like a big A/C again, gave me a feeling of sitting back in the 330. This is truly an amazing mod and I can only hope ED or other developers see's the potential in it that it could bring to DCS. Simply amazing thank you.. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This MOD is simply awesome and it opens an huge amount of possibilities 😍

Thank you!!

I would be real happy if they became 3rd Party Project. The potential for an Hercules in DCS is incredible. The air war is not only fighters and we already have a large amount of those. Additional assets such a properly designed Hercules, would change our DCS battlefield options the same way the inclusion of helicopters in DCS did.

Edited by Furia

15 hours ago, Bobetta said:

+1

Especially on the official 3rd party module... 😉

I mean - That would really be amazing. I guess if think ahead of the dynamic campaign thats coming in two weeks, i really could imagine using a plane like that to move troops, munitions, whatever from point a to point b in real time. That would be an amazing asset. Espacialy if you consicer that you do not need an airfield or anything like that.

That beeing said - Again - Thank you very much for the mod, i still enjoy it a lot.

• Like 1

The Tornado is being developed by as many people as the Tornado Development Team contains. It progresses rapidly with the speed of the Tornado development progress. It will be released at the Tornado release date. 

Support your local Getränkemarkt. :grin:

Good evening everyone! I wanted to thank you from me and from the Italian "Grifi Jet Team" for this magnificent mod. Our virtual team is testing this beautiful c130j30 ... and we wish you a good job developing it, whether it's free or not! Thank you so much guys!P.S.: I am attaching some shots of the Super Hercules with the beautiful livery of our 46th Air Brigade of the Italian Air Force! Greetings from Italy!

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2020.12.01 - 22.42.28.84.png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2020.12.01 - 22.46.16.01.png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2020.12.01 - 22.44.24.70.png

Edited by bufalo7.62
  • Like 2

I absolutely love this mod. Flew the Herk last night and it was a joy to fly. It has the feel of a heavy and the sounds are outstanding. 

I look forward to seeing this continue to evolve and new features added to enhance this already great aircraft. Thank you to all who have contributed to making this available in DCS. 

9 hours ago, Sprool said:

Loving this great mod! v5.9 - I can unload crates in the air, on parachute, but the troops refuse to leave the plane. How can I get them to jump?

v5.9? It says 5.8 in the first post. am I missing something?

EDIT: found it... version 5.9

Edited by JumpinK

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

• Eight Ball changed the title to DCS Super Hercules mod by Anubis

Hey thanks for the update. Question for you guys. Anyone having issues with selecting the copilot seat? Another which I assume comes on SRS don’t work with this yet or do I have that wrong?

Cheers

Edited by Wood
Test edit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No issue here flying from copilot seat.  If you hold 0 on the numpad you can look down between the pilot and co-pilot seat from the navigators seat.  Pretty bad ass.  Here is a video I did this evening in VR flying the newest version, 5.9.  Did a quick flight out over Vegas and then headed towards Creech.  HD version is still uploading to YouTube so the quality will eventually be HD.

Hi all together...

first a really big Thank you to Anubis for creating this amazing C-130 mod! It has happend only a few times in my sim history (FS 2004/FSX/DCS) that a free aircraft mod has deeply impressed me! I wish Anubis a lot of fun evaluating his baby...

And now my question: Is there a tool or any calculation method for this C-130 mod to calculate the so called dropping point (given as distance to the target landing point)  for deployable goods and paratroopers depending on speed, flight altidude and weight and (...wind....)?

In reality you will find mathmatical equations to approximateley determine such points...  Are they possibly usable for this mod? Or what is the mathematics of this mod?

It would be a a great thing in a DCS mission to get the chance of doing the drops with a high pinpoint accuracy... ( I am dreaming...)

Greetings RSE

F

3 hours ago, Ghaith said:

Amazing mod, Thanks a lot!! btw how do I deactivate the NS module or whatever, the fps drop is really bad; I'm kinda new to this game. Thanks in advance.

If you are new to DCS you might be new to the DCS forums as well. If so, get comfortable with the game and the forum --> read the forum rules first.
Then, before you ask questions browse the forums and use the search function. You might find quite some things without having to ask anyone.

The mod NS430 is actually a payware-mod. As you are new to the game and don't know how to turn it off, you might not even own it. (answer to your question = the reason I told you to use the search function in the forums first)

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

AWESOME mod ! Thanks you Anubis 🤩 !
Just started my "longest continuous DCS flight":

- take-off from Al-Minhad, flight all the way north-west along the Koweitian coast,
- when reaching the "end of Persian Gulf map" over southern Irak, I have an other mission loading, starting at the south end of Syrian map,
- flying eqstward in jordanian airspace, turning northward once over Isreal and technical stop at Beyrouth airport
- take-off from Beyrouth after refuelling, flying north-east over the sea, away from syrian airspace, and turning east-north-east when over Turkey until the "end of the map"
- other mission loads, starting over the south-west end of Caucasus map on the final way to Senaki

As it is a WIP, I wish the navigation screen/functions will come soon, battlestation and big guns can wait 😉

I leave you my "navigator utility board" attached, really useful (but you decide 😄)

Navigator Utility Board.xlsx

Any one find how to install skins ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------