DCS Super Hercules mod by Anubis

Eight Ball

17 hours ago, razo+r said:

Reshade fix is the same like the fix for steam

No its NOT

And even I like the Afc mod I like more reshade 😉.

You can fly a mision with the mod . 
You cant FLY IT using reshade if you are the Hercules pilot of  FPS RIP ( should be something cockpit ish related). 

Will do it if its compatible at some point. 

Spoiler

Greetings!

Over the past two weeks I’ve worked with Anubis to understand the source of the Steam-FPS bug. We were able to trace it to the usage of an ED audio API that is not accessible from the steam version. While we still dont understand why this is the case, I am pleased to announce that the latest Hercules version includes an alternative sound implementation that resolves the FPS bug for steam users.

To enable, simply install the latest version of the mod, and navigate to the Hercules Special Options page in DCS. You will see a “Steam Version” checkbox that, if enabled, utilizes the new audio implementation. All steam users should check this box.

Standalone users should not enable this feature, as it reduces the quality of the external sound effects. This is a limitation of the alternate sound API, and is out of our control.

Please note that this does not mitigate any FPS issues related to the usage of Reshade, nor DCS instability when the NS430 add-on is installed.

Edited by Gone1Crazy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

10 minutes ago, Gone1Crazy said:

No its NOT

And even I like the Afc mod I like more reshade 😉.

You can fly a mision with the mod . 
You cant FLY IT using reshade if you are the Hercules pilot of  FPS RIP ( should be something cockpit ish related). 

Will do it if its compatible at some point. 

Reveal hidden contents

Greetings!

Over the past two weeks I’ve worked with Anubis to understand the source of the Steam-FPS bug. We were able to trace it to the usage of an ED audio API that is not accessible from the steam version. While we still dont understand why this is the case, I am pleased to announce that the latest Hercules version includes an alternative sound implementation that resolves the FPS bug for steam users.

To enable, simply install the latest version of the mod, and navigate to the Hercules Special Options page in DCS. You will see a “Steam Version” checkbox that, if enabled, utilizes the new audio implementation. All steam users should check this box.

Standalone users should not enable this feature, as it reduces the quality of the external sound effects. This is a limitation of the alternate sound API, and is out of our control.

Please note that this does not mitigate any FPS issues related to the usage of Reshade, nor DCS instability when the NS430 add-on is installed.

It apparently is.

Several people on the discord report the Steam fix works for ReShade too.

On 12/14/2020 at 4:21 PM, razo+r said:

It apparently is.

Several people on the discord report the Steam fix works for ReShade too.

Apologize me , you were absolutely right.

100 fps 

Really apreciate it !

this happened and end mision 😄

7f86dab6d68e9f4b7b109e752b2e26f8.png
But at least its flyable

These errors in the log before the crash 

Spoiler

2020-12-15 10:51:21.648 ERROR   wInfo: negative weight of payload "Herc_Ammo_S24B_missiles"
2020-12-15 10:51:21.648 ERROR   wInfo: negative weight of payload "Herc_Ammo_BETAB500_bombs"
2020-12-15 10:51:21.648 ERROR   wInfo: negative weight of payload "Herc_Ammo_RBK500255PTAB105_bombs"
2020-12-15 10:51:21.648 ERROR   wInfo: negative weight of payload "Herc_Ammo_KMGU296AO25RT_bombs"
2020-12-15 10:51:21.648 ERROR   wInfo: negative weight of payload "Herc_Ammo_KMGU296AO25KO_bombs"
2020-12-15 10:51:22.672 ERROR   SOUND: invalid source_params(COCKPIT:cockpit/herc_gearwindfadeincpt): lowpass
2020-12-15 10:51:22.672 ERROR   SOUND: invalid source_params(COCKPIT:cockpit/herc_gearwindcpt): lowpass
2020-12-15 10:51:22.672 ERROR   SOUND: invalid source_params(COCKPIT:cockpit/herc_gearwindcpt): pitch

The crash is 100 % after all quit missions. 

Edited by Gone1Crazy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow

Marvelous piece of software guys. You did amazing works. I wished to have that plane in DCS for so long.

Small Bug

Found a bug to report here. For the nose wheel, it works well with the rudder. However, if you want to use the buttons, then entry in the control setup "Nose Wheel Steering Left" and "Nose Wheel Steering Right" are inversed. Probably quite an easy fix for the next release.

Questions

1. I commonly have an issue where I hear that "clack clack clack" sound in the cockpit while flying ... like if a jumper would turn on/off in a loop. IF I play with the APU switch on the electrical panel, it seems to temper with that sound but I did not find the logic. I know that everything APU related should be stopped after the engine is started so I am a bit confused here.

2. On the Syria map, is there a reason why the aircraft can only depart from "Bassel Al Assad" airport? Is it an airport size thing or it is because the map needs to be configured to support the aircraft?

Again, thanks for that wonderful mod!!!

Edited by Frag

Got the latest version of the Hercules - great work, love that massive bird.

However I can't get the paratroopers to show up in the loadout menu. In a grim reapers video, they use the rearm menu and select the paratroopers as a "pod" - however they dont seem to be there. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

6 hours ago, Tomcatter87 said:

Got the latest version of the Hercules - great work, love that massive bird.

However I can't get the paratroopers to show up in the loadout menu. In a grim reapers video, they use the rearm menu and select the paratroopers as a "pod" - however they dont seem to be there. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Did you load the Hercules_Cargo.lua in the mission editor? Without this cargo/troops won't work.

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

Hello!

First of all, thank you very much for this fantastic mod!

Since version 5.9 the blank metal effect no longer works. The liveries Southern Air Transport and Livery Mudspike Air Delivery are just plain gray. Will this be changed in a later patch or is there a setting that I can change myself?

greetings

Andreas

Two other things I also noticed:

1. When you use the Autopilot and switch it off before landing (with the flip switch right of the pilot), it will sometimes yell the alarm "Autopilot" after touching the ground. I am then no longer able to turn the alarm off. Am I missing something?

2. The parking break seems to disable by itself way too easily. I noticed that if you use the toe brake axis, it will disable the parking brake. But in my case, it disable by itself a lot (even though I put a large dead zone on my toe brake). I also had to "inverse" my toe brake control, so I wonder if it could have an effect. I cannot trust that parking brake, it disable itself too much. Would it be possible to remove that auto disabling feature? I am pretty sure that I am not the only one who has issues with this. I would really like to be able to rely on it.

On 12/15/2020 at 12:23 PM, Frag said:

Wow

Marvelous piece of software guys. You did amazing works. I wished to have that plane in DCS for so long.

Small Bug

Found a bug to report here. For the nose wheel, it works well with the rudder. However, if you want to use the buttons, then entry in the control setup "Nose Wheel Steering Left" and "Nose Wheel Steering Right" are inversed. Probably quite an easy fix for the next release.

Questions

1. I commonly have an issue where I hear that "clack clack clack" sound in the cockpit while flying ... like if a jumper would turn on/off in a loop. IF I play with the APU switch on the electrical panel, it seems to temper with that sound but I did not find the logic. I know that everything APU related should be stopped after the engine is started so I am a bit confused here.

2. On the Syria map, is there a reason why the aircraft can only depart from "Bassel Al Assad" airport? Is it an airport size thing or it is because the map needs to be configured to support the aircraft?

Again, thanks for that wonderful mod!!!

To answer at least your first question, what you are describing sounds like you are overspeeding. This is intended, just slow down and it will go away.

• Like 2

This should be stickied in the Mods forum with the other real mods IMO so that its easier to keep track of. 

• Like 1

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

On 12/15/2020 at 8:52 PM, JumpinK said:

Did you load the Hercules_Cargo.lua in the mission editor? Without this cargo/troops won't work.

I did. Something else was the probem: I forgot to delete an older version of the mod. As soon as I got rid of that one, it worked like a charm. So great!

One thing I really wish for is some more camo liveries. I'd love to see one of those (I know, not a J model, but still...)
C130_hercules.jpg

Edited by Tomcatter87
  • Like 1

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

On 12/16/2020 at 3:51 PM, tae. said:

If I install this mod and run a server, do players wishing to join need to also have the mod installed?

On 12/16/2020 at 7:44 PM, ST0RM said:

Yes

No 😉

I found a trick, that I use in my squad's training mission.

Extract the mission .miz file (it's a ZIP archive) and edit the mission file that you'll find there.

In this file, search for the following text, and delete the line mentionning Hercules :

["requiredModules"] = {
        ["Hercules"] = "Hercules",
    }, -- end of ["requiredModules"]

Save the mission file, zip everything back to the .miz archive and voilà !

I actually have a build.cmd script that constructs the .miz archive from various sources, so I "simply" added this command to automatically remove the line :

powershell -File replace.ps1 .\build\tempsrc\mission "\[\"Hercules\"\] = \"Hercules\"," " " >nul 2>&1

(I attached the replace.ps1 script)

Hope this helps !

replace.ps1

Edited by davidp57
  • Like 1

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

I don't know if i am the only one experiencing this but.. since i installed the latest version my mouse doesn't work anymore. I cannot use it to pan the view both on the outside and the inside. Joystick panning still works instead.

I am quite confused since with the other planes everything's working as usual

9 minutes ago, Valinor said:

I don't know if i am the only one experiencing this but.. since i installed the latest version my mouse doesn't work anymore. I cannot use it to pan the view both on the outside and the inside. Joystick panning still works instead.

I am quite confused since with the other planes everything's working as usual

I do have this issue from time to time. I tried to reproduce with specific steps to post here but was not able at this point to dress out the exact recipe that will create this. It seems to me that it will happen when you play a lot with the zoom within the cockpit ...but not always ...

On 12/16/2020 at 6:25 PM, tae. said:

To answer at least your first question, what you are describing sounds like you are overspeeding. This is intended, just slow down and it will go away.

Indeed it was my issue, I realized it at some point! Thanks for pointing this out!

2 hours ago, dali said:

version 6 is not allowed by norton scan - file uploaded from Namibia and report says maliciuos download... anyone else has same problem?

I don't use norton. Isn't it possible to put it in some sort of exclusion-list in your antivirus software? Should be, I guess.

• Like 1

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

Hmm, getting a game crash on trying to jump into the Herc v6.0 in multiplayer.  Anyone else have the same?

The issue is a timeout whilst trying to get into the aircraft.

Edited by Mr_sukebe

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.