DCS Super Hercules mod by Anubis

Eight Ball

Hi USSInchon -It is I who am stupid - you are quite right ! I had never come across this added folder before. I checked the contents which seemed OK but I must have opened the real underlying folder and then pasted the false one to the Mods folder. Problem solved.

Thanks so much for your help.

Mich.

2 hours ago, michelip said:

Hi USSInchon -It is I who am stupid - you are quite right ! I had never come across this added folder before. I checked the contents which seemed OK but I must have opened the real underlying folder and then pasted the false one to the Mods folder. Problem solved.

Thanks so much for your help.

Mich.

No worries, that has got me more times than I can count.  Glad I could help.

If only it had the ability to be a tanker to. It would be fun to be the tanker pilot for a change.

• Like 3

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

On 2/22/2021 at 9:50 AM, BMGZ06 said:

If only it had the ability to be a tanker to. It would be fun to be the tanker pilot for a change.

Hmm....  come to think of it, you might be onto something!!

This way you aren't dependent on a strictly AI tanker, but can talk directly to the actual pilot. With this, you could also do special missions, where maybe you'd do AAR while flying a valley or something... that AI won't play nice with. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rick50 said:

Hmm....  come to think of it, you might be onto something!!

This way you aren't dependent on a strictly AI tanker, but can talk directly to the actual pilot. With this, you could also do special missions, where maybe you'd do AAR while flying a valley or something... that AI won't play nice with. 

Yes that is what I was thinking as well and I made a post about it in the DCS wish list subforum. Of course I am being shouted down by those that have no ability to see the benefit and do not want to fly the tanker because they think it would be boring. The freedom for mission planning would be huge. No more compromises of where to put tankers in relation to the mission objectives. You could simply call the tanker pilot and adjust the point to meet and make dynamic adjustments to alt, speed and direction. Not having to script the tankers is one less thing to worry about. Also the immersion factor would be much higher.  Being able to occupy the boom and operate it would be fantastic as well but ED would really need to figure a way to code in the tanker tow physics like in real life. They are basically towing the planes along with them once hooked up and locked. 

• Like 2

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

On 2/26/2021 at 4:16 PM, BMGZ06 said:

Yes that is what I was thinking as well and I made a post about it in the DCS wish list subforum. Of course I am being shouted down by those that have no ability to see the benefit and do not want to fly the tanker because they think it would be boring. The freedom for mission planning would be huge. No more compromises of where to put tankers in relation to the mission objectives. You could simply call the tanker pilot and adjust the point to meet and make dynamic adjustments to alt, speed and direction. Not having to script the tankers is one less thing to worry about. Also the immersion factor would be much higher.  Being able to occupy the boom and operate it would be fantastic as well but ED would really need to figure a way to code in the tanker tow physics like in real life. They are basically towing the planes along with them once hooked up and locked. 

No boom on the KC-130, but a flyable KC-135 would be great too. (And no, they don't tow the tanking aircraft. If the boom extends past the red marker it will disconnect.)

I know there are purpose built Hercs for AAR, think the Marines have more than half the global fleet. But I seem to recall that at some point, someone developed, or intended to develop, a drogue fuel system on pallets that could be rapidly mounted/removed from any standard Hercules. The drogue hose would come out the rear ramp, and while I don't think I heard of details, I think they were to be at least partially or fully fed from palletized fuel bladders in the cargo bay. I'm not sure if this project ever got off the ground though.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rick50 said:

I know there are purpose built Hercs for AAR, think the Marines have more than half the global fleet. But I seem to recall that at some point, someone developed, or intended to develop, a drogue fuel system on pallets that could be rapidly mounted/removed from any standard Hercules. The drogue hose would come out the rear ramp, and while I don't think I heard of details, I think they were to be at least partially or fully fed from palletized fuel bladders in the cargo bay. I'm not sure if this project ever got off the ground though.

Several C-130 (AFSOC and USMC) tests were done. Last I heard and saw, they couldnt get the drogue to stabilize. It would oscillate in circles and make AAR nearly impossible. 

As for this mod, I'm loving it. We flew it on our JTF/CSG-1 mission last night and took several airfields in Syria. Using coordination with our SEAD, Strike and CAP assets, the Herk fills a huge gap in the sim. Thanks to Anubis and anyone else who've put their time into this. Its very appreciated. We look forward to its future. 

Edited by ST0RM
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, ST0RM said:

Several C-130 (AFSOC and USMC) tests were done. Last I heard and saw, they couldnt get the drogue to stabilize. It would oscillate in circles and make AAR nearly impossible. 

Ah, ok that makes a lot of sense, Ill bet there was a lot of drag turbulence behind the fuselage, and maybe propwash didn't help. Kinda a shame, would have been a cheap fast way to get some tankers!

• Like 1

I don’t have this mod yet.
Planning on getting it tonight

But already have a version request.

Is the gunship version a planned option like the AC-130H Spectre or AC-130U Spooky.

would be great for COIN surpresing fire in Syria.

Hello pilots!

I made a small plugin for Tacview to make the tool working with the Hercules by Anubis:

How to install the plugin for Tacview to make it works with the Hercules by Anubis?

- Download the hercules.xml file in attachment

- Put the file here: C:\Users\yourAwesomeNickname\AppData\Roaming\Tacview\Data\Database\Default Properties

- Download the Meshes.zip file in attachment

- Unzip and put the three .obj files here: C:\Users\yourAwesomeNickname\AppData\Roaming\Tacview\Data\Meshes

- (Re)Start Tacview and load an acmi file with a Hercule flight 🙂

Enjoy!

Meshes.zip hercules.xml

• Like 6

My DCS contributions:
- My mods/skins: here
- My server/missions scripts: there
- My Discord bot:
this place
If you want to thank me buying a coffee☕/beer🍺, feel free:
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Astazou

6.4 and every version never works.jpg

I just read that You have to put the Hercules file in the saved games folder and not in the game mods aircraft one
and so now I no longer get the above fail message.  The Hercules is not listed at all in DCS flight sim when I start.
I change the name from Hercules ver 6.4 to just Hercules, that cant be the problem ?

The DOCS file is empty.   
and while in the past I was able to get it to run, it always crashed DCS.

Grim Reapers has no problems and I wish I could understand why I have so many problems.

Ver 6.4 is the newest.

Thanks for any help as to WHERE I should put the file for it to run ok.

Edited by ctguy1955