DCS Super Hercules mod by Anubis

Eight Ball

V6.7 is released go and update your local mods... 😉

Regards / Grüße

Neo

-- Core i7 2600 @4,5 GHz | ASRock P67 Professional | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 2070 | SB X-Fi | 250 GB SSD + 1 GB SSD + 2 TB HD | WIN 10 Pro | TM Warthog | VPC WarBRD base | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip | WINWING F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S | MFG Crosswind | TIR5 | HELIOS --

V6.7 has a bug in nav_radar_device.lua:

2021-04-16 12:04:18.205 ERROR   COCKPITBASE: Nav_Radar::update:[string "C:\Users\post\Saved Games\DCS\Mods/aircraft/Hercules ver 6.7/Cockpit/Scripts/Nav_Radar_Display/indicator/nav_radar_device.lua"]:737: attempt to compare nil with number

the problem is the reference of an undefined,

current_leg

is unknown

if i > current_leg then

On 4/16/2021 at 9:00 AM, Apple said:

If you put a wrapper around the radar nav error, there’s a couple of more undefined variables

yea, we've tracked down the rest.  we pulled out a bunch of half baked functionality from that module, which is what lead to this. 

Version 6.7: On engine start, after all engines are up and running I turn off bleed air, turn off APU at top of panel and then Stop AUP lower on the panel and my HUD goes blank as does several of the pilot/co-pilot screens. It's like they are not getting electrical power other than APU power. Anyone seeing this? Did the engine start sequence change or am I missing something? Am I now supposed to leave the APU running during flight?

7 hours ago, Speedbrake said:

Version 6.7: On engine start, after all engines are up and running I turn off bleed air, turn off APU at top of panel and then Stop AUP lower on the panel and my HUD goes blank as does several of the pilot/co-pilot screens. It's like they are not getting electrical power other than APU power. Anyone seeing this? Did the engine start sequence change or am I missing something? Am I now supposed to leave the APU running during flight?

Speedbrake, on the real aircraft the engine generators only supply power when they are up-sped, ie, not in low speed ground idle. Up-speeding the engines should bring the generators online (if it is like the real thing). Turning off the APU before up-speeding the engines cuts off your only AC power source.

Edited by Kj_flyguy

Shouldn't this thread be moved and stickied on the Mods sub forum of the Mods subforum where all planes are? (Actually why is this subforum so uncategorized after so many years is still a mystery, Planes, Vehicles, Ships, Utils, Wishlist, Chitchat,... oh well)

• Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Yes. I hadn't flown the Hercules in a while so I downloaded the latest version to try but it crashes as soon as I try starting a ready for takeoff on the runway mission. I haven't tried any other mission types. 

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

I am really enjoying this mod. Anubis has done a fantastic job and I am looking forward to everything that comes next.  I do, however, have a problem:

** MOAB DETONATES INSTANTLY WHEN RELEASED BY AI PILOT **

It works ok when I drop it as the the pilot flying,  but when set up as an AI bomb run with the MOAB in the center cargo position it just blows up a second after it appears outside the C-130.    Kablooey.  It sends the Herc down in flames and me too when I am flying too close near.

I see it working on Youtube, so I am missing some detail... a critical speed ? nose up?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks!

On 5/10/2021 at 11:30 PM, demaske said:

is anyone else having an issue where it crashes dcs every time.  I've downloaded the new version for 2.7 and it wont even load the mission it just crashes on the load csreen 

Not crashing as such but this new version will not stop flickering and shaking in vr with reverb g2.Works fine in 2d.Worked in vr wth previous versions.I have tried alot of possible fixes but it perists.Im am using a radeon gpu paired with a latest intel cpu.

Good day All. I have downloaded the current 6.7 Hercules. I have placed it in User\DCS Openbeta\mods\Hercules. I see it when I launch the sim. I tried to do a quick mission as well as a mission I have created. I launch the mission but it goes to the map. It will not allow to take control for any of the missions. I believe we don't need a license that I'm aware of. I've even signed up with Discord. Still not able to take control. I've tried RAlt+j, and just "j" too. What am I miss here. I did have the Hercules several months ago. I did uninstall several times. I have done several cleanup and repairs but still no joy. Please advise. Thank You.

I don2t own the module but just in case, have you select it as "player" and correct c-130 which should be orange highlighted in the list as playable module?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5