DCS Super Hercules mod by Anubis

Eight Ball

I'm really hoping for a C-130 as well!

I grew up on Little Rock AFB (home of the Herky Bird) and always heard E’s and H’s flying overhead. Such a distinct sound. I think it would be a good fit for DCS as it spans a wide timeframe, since it's been in service for 65 years now. Would fill a variety of roles as it's a versatile aircraft. Can be used for cargo transport (of course), airborne assault, refueling (MPRS), and the loitering pylon turn of death (AC-130 gunship).

I'm also hoping it's a classic E or H model. The J is nice, and more capable, but you sure can't beat the classic with the Allison engines and 4 blade props. Also nice seeing all of the steam gauges on the instrument panel! My speculation is that ED would likely have an easier time sourcing official documentation on an E or H model than they would on the current J model.

c130h.png

ALS-62-1007 small.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

I'm certainly hoping for a Hercules announcement as well.

... ED could iterate their way from 2 over 3 engines and then later up to 4. ....
2 engines?
Proposal: Let's start with a C-160 Transall 
Airdrops (personnel, cargo), logistic transport, SIGINT (the french  GABRIEL) combat-offloads, MEDEVAC.
Was flown in France, Germany, Turkey, South Africa, Indonesia. (and goes out of service in 3 months (exzeptionell the french Gabriel).
Loosing one engine in a hot and high environment (Iran f.e.), you sure will have your fun.....
Edited by sharkfin61
  • Like 6

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

NEW RIG:

RYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

Hi Everyone, I just downloaded the Anubis Super Hercules. Awesome model.

But I can't spawn into the cockpit to fly it.

I select the correct 'Hercules' model in Mission Editor, not the standard C-130, and select 'Client' or 'player' to fly it, but the mission starts with me outside the aircraft and unable to get into the cockpit (F1).

I've got the model installed into my saved games folder under the 'User' structure.

I'm running v6.8.2 and DCS 2.7.5

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

On 9/14/2021 at 4:47 PM, mmarques said:

I really would love to see a classic stubby C-130, I grew up watching them fly off the Montijo airbase near Lisbon, Portugal.

File:Lockheed C-130H Hercules, Portugal - Air Force JP5981654.jpg -  Wikimedia Commons

Me too,

I live in Almada and saw them many times above my house in par with A-7´s or our Fiat G91 when i was a child. Who guess some decades later i´ll be flying one in VR 🙂

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Hi Everyone, I just downloaded the Anubis Super Hercules. Awesome model.

But I can't spawn into the cockpit to fly it.

I select the correct 'Hercules' model in Mission Editor, not the standard C-130, and select 'Client' or 'player' to fly it, but the mission starts with me outside the aircraft and unable to get into the cockpit (F1).

I've got the model installed into my saved games folder under the 'User' structure.

I'm running v6.8.2 and DCS 2.7.5

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Does the Quickstart missions work?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Same happened to me. You might need to install some library. I cannot recall the link, but if you enter their discord, on the download section are posted the requirements and you will find the link to the Microsoft page where to download it.

Enviado desde mi POCOPHONE F1 mediante Tapatalk

• Like 1

Same happened to me. You might need to install some library. I cannot recall the link, but if you enter their discord, on the download section are posted the requirements and you will find the link to the Microsoft page where to download it.

Enviado desde mi POCOPHONE F1 mediante Tapatalk

Yup. There are links further up in this thread. Can't remember if it's VCredist or .NET that is needed.

8 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Yup. There are links further up in this thread. Can't remember if it's VCredist or .NET that is needed.

The T-45 mod needs the Visual C runtime installed, apparently, that might be the one needed. I think 'vc_redist.x64.exe' from here is the relevant one.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads-2647da03-1eea-4433-9aff-95f26a218cc0

• Like 1

Hello Megalax! I didn't even know that you were taking part in such fake discussions. The poster is fake not officially. ED has never made an announcement with an official public photo. The original models and sceneries from ED were always shown in the posters. About this mod and the alleged takeover of ED. Anubis is only a mediator of the mod. Alleged modders and designers keep themselves in the background. Neither the model of the C-130 nor the cockpit were created by you. An alleged takeover of ED is only speculation by some here in the forum.

LOL
Haven't you seen these joke posters before? Are you accusing anybody of pretending it's their work?
And this is the first time I've heard of an ED takeover, from you!
All other speculation I've heard is if the Hercules mod will become a full 3rd party module.
Cheers!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

What link?

I shared a reddit link that contains some screen shot of this mod developers and claims that it will be an official module since this mod development is over

IMG-20210921-WA0007.jpg

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I shared a reddit link that contains some screen shot of this mod developers and claims that it will be an official module since this mod development is over

IMG-20210921-WA0007.thumb.jpg.d17bfc3ca315948e1e4545ed4bf505de.jpg
Ah, thanks! He wrote about a "dead link", so I just got confused as I had already clicked your reddit link.
Cheers!

On 9/22/2021 at 7:02 PM, Urbi said:

Hello Megalax! I didn't even know that you were taking part in such fake discussions. The poster is fake not officially. ED has never made an announcement with an official public photo. The original models and sceneries from ED were always shown in the posters. About this mod and the alleged takeover of ED. Anubis is only a mediator of the mod. Alleged modders and designers keep themselves in the background. Neither the model of the C-130 nor the cockpit were created by you. An alleged takeover of ED is only speculation by some here in the forum.

Of course its fake, I made it.

• Like 5

Megalax's Livery Studio

My Liveries in the User Files

I'll stick a maple leaf on anything...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all, i just downloaded the mod and when i start DCS OB i get the 

Authorization is valid for 3d 0h 1m

The following DLCs are not authorized and will be 
disabled:
Hercules

And the mod does not show up in menu.

Im running 6.8.2 mod and newest DCS OB.
What could be wrong?

Thanks.

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit

3 minutes ago, bmbpdk said:

disabled:
Hercules

What could be wrong?

Thanks.

I'm not 100% sure, but this MOD might use some components of FC3 and is therefore needed? A lot of airplane MODS are based on FC3,
so this might be the issue.

5 minutes ago, THERION said:

I'm not 100% sure, but this MOD might use some components of FC3 and is therefore needed? A lot of airplane MODS are based on FC3,
so this might be the issue.

No, FC3 is not needed. 

He just installed it wrong. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, bmbpdk said:

disabled:
Hercules

What could be wrong?

Thanks.

Hi sir, you just need to move the Hercules MOD folder to your DCS Saved Games folder.

On my computer (windows 10, latest DCS open beta), the Hercules MOD folder goes into this sub-folder...

%UserProfile%\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\Aircraft

• Thanks 1

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52