DCS Super Hercules mod by Anubis

Eight Ball

2 hours ago, Dunx said:

Hi sir, you just need to move the Hercules MOD folder to your DCS Saved Games folder.

On my computer (windows 10, latest DCS open beta), the Hercules MOD folder goes into this sub-folder...

%UserProfile%\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\Aircraft

Thank you sir, that helped.
My DCS is a fresh install, so i didn have the "Aircraft" folder in the "Mods" folder, i just created one and followed your advice and tested it, it worked.

2 hours ago, razo+r said:

No, FC3 is not needed. 

He just installed it wrong. 

Yes, i did install it wrong.
Dunx wrote how to install it.

• Like 3

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem but we flew multicrew Sunday for an hour but copilot couldnt stay level as his velocity vector would not move. We re synchronised and it still happened. Also, I could see Friendly Carrier on radar but he couldnt. Strange thing was that I could see his radar with Friendly Carrier marked. Bizzare

Any ideas? 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just can't get the thorttle in beta reverse and so I can't get it in low idle for taxi. 

I have a winwing taurs, and no mater how much I wiggle the throttle after pushing the beta reverse button it won't go back.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

On 1/7/2021 at 6:16 PM, Speedbrake said:

DOH!!! Figured out my error. In the mission trigger section I had Trigger in the first box then had At Start of Mission below. It should have been just opposite. Just wasn't paying attention.  Love this simulation!

Hey, can you explain in another way? The troops my AI Hercules drops just disappear when they hit the ground. What did you do ecxactly to fix that?

On 10/19/2021 at 5:06 AM, Mogster said:

You sir, may like this mission I posted a few days ago 😉

Highway's Mach Loop - C-130 Edition (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, DN308 said:

Just a question, what's the music song on the main page? I would love to find it

It's the same as the DCS default, isn't it?

If I'm not mistaken, it was done by DCS developer and sound expert btd

Edited by Yurgon

Just a quick follow up, has anyone heard if Anubis is still working the mod?  Last I read he had put it on hold and stated there was some big news around the corner.  I was making a huge assumption that the cargo module announced would be him partnering with ED to make a 3rd party C-130.  I now believe it is going to be the C-47.

That being said, I am really hoping we will be seeing further development on the aircraft.  Really enjoying it and would like to see more functionality and improved textures added.

11 hours ago, Devil 505 said:

Just a quick follow up, has anyone heard if Anubis is still working the mod?

Nope, we're all still waiting on that official announcement you talked about. 😉

9 hours ago, DN308 said:

It’s a country style song about Nightstalkers

Huh, maybe I need to reinstall the mod. For me, the main title background music with the Hercules theme is the same as with the default theme. Maybe it didn't install correctly, then.

Am 3.2.2022 um 07:25 schrieb DN308:

Not sure of that.

It’s a country style song about Nightstalkers

That's the UH-60L Theme, "Ballad of the Nightstalker".

It's on YT:

https://youtu.be/kNBMgENckHk

Edited by shagrat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hi guys, several months ago I downloaded this awesome mod, learned some of its features and one of them in the older version was CAP or pylon turn when flying Spooky/Ghost Rider, however, in the newer version, I insert waypoints in flight computer through NAV CTRL, fly to the location, autothrottle on, NAV on, ALTITUDE HOLD on, trying to press CAP and nothing happens, plane won´t execute pylon turn and I can´t use it as intended, from the videos of Grim Reapers youtube channel, older version had this feature differently made, through upper row of HUD, but newest autopilot doesn´t have this function on the HUDs, but it should be using correct buttons in front of the pilot, am I blind or making some mistake or is this feature not working properly on 6.8.2 version? Thank you for any help and kudos to the author for absolutelly amazing plane

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone hear anything new on this Mod?  I figured I would keep this question going until hopefully Anubis or an affiliate of his could respond.  Loved this mod since day 1.  Hoping more is being worked on.  I feel like the Cargo module we will be getting from ED is the C-47, so that leaves me to wonder if Anubis got hooked up with a third party or has not been working on it.  Any rumors would be welcome.  Just want to keep the train moving on this bad girl.