Severe stutters after taking off headset (Rift S)

Gazza.Blake

Anyone else experience stutters after starting a flight in VR with the Rift S, give it 10 minutes or so, take headset off to get a drink, go to the toilet, take a nap etc. come back put headset back on and frames have dropped by half.

Only way out it seems is to go back to restart DCS and make sure you complete the flights and wet your pants as you cant leave the cockpit.

Seems to happen more on the Syria map. Any suggestions or solutions ?

Intel® i9 9900K Coffee Lake OC 5.1GHz, ASUS ROG Maximum Formula LGA1151 MB, Windows 10® 64bit Pro, 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, EVGA Black Edition 2080Ti OC GPU, 2 x Samsung Evo 970 NVMe 1TB Drives, 1 x Samsung Evo 860 2TB SSD, 1 x Seagate 2TB HDD, 1 x Acer™ Predator 35" 4K Wide Flat Monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Oculus Rift S

Hi. Can you please attach your dcs.log file?

If you don't use NVIDIA Share, disable it.

If you don't use Windows Game Bar DVR, disable it as well.

If you own an Intel CPU, try switching off SMT in BIOS.

If you own an AMD CPU, try enabling Precision boost overdrive in BIOS.

That's for starters. I'm waiting for your log and your first feedback to continue.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Anyone else experience stutters after starting a flight in VR with the Rift S, give it 10 minutes or so, take headset off to get a drink, go to the toilet, take a nap etc. come back put headset back on and frames have dropped by half.

Only way out it seems is to go back to restart DCS and make sure you complete the flights and wet your pants as you cant leave the cockpit.

Seems to happen more on the Syria map. Any suggestions or solutions ?

I have noticed the same thing over the months, I've found the only way to stop this is to prevent the Rift S from going into standby when you take it off, I've used a blob of Blu Tack and pressed it gently over the sensor to stop the device from going to sleep when removed.

Hi. Can you please attach your dcs.log file?

If you don't use NVIDIA Share, disable it.

If you don't use Windows Game Bar DVR, disable it as well.

If you own an Intel CPU, try switching off SMT in BIOS.

If you own an AMD CPU, try enabling Precision boost overdrive in BIOS.

That's for starters. I'm waiting for your log and your first feedback to continue.

@Flappie attached log. dcs.log

Intel® i9 9900K Coffee Lake OC 5.1GHz, ASUS ROG Maximum Formula LGA1151 MB, Windows 10® 64bit Pro, 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, EVGA Black Edition 2080Ti OC GPU, 2 x Samsung Evo 970 NVMe 1TB Drives, 1 x Samsung Evo 860 2TB SSD, 1 x Seagate 2TB HDD, 1 x Acer™ Predator 35" 4K Wide Flat Monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Oculus Rift S

Thank you.

I don't see anything abnormal in your log. Tacview starts logging FPS counter 10 minutes after you started the mission, says it varies between ~38 and 45 FPS.

I have no idea how to trace this issue.

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.