F-15C Training Missions!

N22YF

16 hours ago, menace said:

there's an issue with the WP's, I had to go back to WP0 and follow it to WP1 for the mission to finish

Try pressing "1" at the mission start to activate NAV mode, then maybe Lctrl+"~" to set it to WPT1.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

1 hour ago, draconus said:

Try pressing "1" at the mission start to activate NAV mode, then maybe Lctrl+"~" to set it to WPT1.

No no, this mission starts in flight in NAV mode already, so pressing "1" would switch to ILSN steering mode. The mission is supposed to finish once the player progresses through the training instruction and then successfully navigates to WP3.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2021 at 10:18 PM, N22YF said:

Oh my gosh, I think it is broken - thank you so much for pointing this out! (In all my testing, I think my beta testers and I always used a joystick button to fire the gun, and so we never noticed this issue with the space bar!) I will fix this and get an updated version out within a week! (I would do it sooner, but I'm away for the holidays at the moment.) In the meantime, you can certainly bind the "Weapon Fire" command to another key and/or a HOTAS button as a workaround, as you and @Rudel_chw mentioned.

As a Marine, I can assure you the best way to test ANYTHING is to give it to a Marine, we're more then happy to break it and let you know why it's broken. 😉

If with it being broken the missions are VERY GOOD and I'm finding them very helpful. Still trying to fumble through the BVR and landing missions. Needless to say, I fly like a drunken monkey was given the stick.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for these !

I really struggled with the ILS night mission. I could follow the cross and it would suddenly jump to some very different place. Not the small jumps from turbulence but really large jumps with completely different direction and altitude. It may have been that ive overflown the airport, need to try again. But in any case the airport did not come in sight.

Edited by winghunter

DCS Web Editor - New 3D Mission Editor for DCS that runs in your browser

DCS Web Viewer free browser based mission planner / viewer

dcs web editor new(2).png
4090 RTX, 13700KF, water cooled

2 hours ago, winghunter said:

I really struggled with the ILS night mission. I could follow the cross and it would suddenly jump to some very different place. Not the small jumps from turbulence but really large jumps with completely different direction and altitude. It may have been that ive overflown the airport, need to try again. But in any case the airport did not come in sight.

Hello! You should be using your HSI to keep track of your orientation relative to the runway. Remember that the HSI will indicate the bearing and distance to the runway, as well as the heading of the runway (which will tell you whether you're aligned with the runway, or approaching from an oblique angle or from the wrong side). If you don't know whether or not you overflew the runway, you're not using the information on the HSI enough. Really large jumps of the flight director cross typically means that you're so misaligned with the proper approach path that the navigation computer is having trouble guiding you. If your HSI indicates that you're not where you should be (that is, aligned with the runway and heading towards it), try to manually correct this first, and then resume following the flight director cross.

I recorded a flythrough of this mission here - hopefully that helps!

Thanks for letting me know about your struggles with this mission - I'll review the training missions to make sure that I didn't miss any important points!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, N22YF said:

I recorded a flythrough of this mission here - hopefully that helps!

Thanks a lot for the video 👍

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

11 hours ago, winghunter said:

Found it, I forgot to switch to NAV ILS mode as in the previous mission it happened automatically. So I assumed it would be the same in this mission.

The flight director cross is displayed only when you're in ILSN steering mode, regardless of whether you switch into that mode manually or automatically, so if you were trying to follow the flight director cross, you were in ILSN steering mode.

Also, you will be better off following the instruction in the Instrument Landing System training mission, which is to allow the steering mode to switch to ILSN automatically when you arrive at the appropriate waypoint. If you deviate from those instructions and switch manually instead, you may be switching at a time when you're less well-aligned with the approach path, which will make the approach more difficult.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Quackattak said:

I would like to install and use these training missions, I see no "saved games" file to install and not sure how to do it if it was there.

The F15 is not in the "mods" "aircraft" menu, I don't know why.

The 1st post of this thread has very complete install instructions, can you describe in more detail how are you installing the missions? I don’t see the instructions mentioning any "mods" or "aircraft" menu, why are you using those?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 months later...

Hey,

Nothing to report, just wanted to say thanks for the missions. They're well done and I appreciate them.

Own most of the modules and usually have focused more on high fidelity, but I've owned FC3 since it was released and have never played them at all. Figured I'd go back and have a look at the F-15 to familiarize myself with her before the release 🙂

I think you've done a great job on these.

• Thanks 1

AMD 7900x3D | Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | 64GB DC DDR5 6400 Ram | MSI Suprim RTX 4090 Liquid X | 2 x Kingston Fury 4TB Gen4 NVME | Corsair HX1500i PSU | NZXT H7 Flow | Liquid Cooled CPU & GPU | HP Reverb G2 | LG 48" 4K OLED | Winwing HOTAS

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey, if you added a missions.lua file, you could then place the trainings missions in the proper F-15C trainings folder so that they show up under the trainings section in DCS. That way it felt like it always belonged there in the first place.

• Like 1

Hey, if you added a missions.lua file, you could then place the trainings missions in the proper F-15C trainings folder so that they show up under the trainings section in DCS. That way it felt like it always belonged there in the first place.
I made one myself because I wanted the same. But, it only works for the single module and "not" FC3 I seem to remember, as FC3 disables all the single modules. I did the same with @cfrag 's excellent A-10A training missions.
I wish ED would let user made missions/campaigns in the Saved Games folder populate the UI.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Did the same thing. And yeah, ED should fix that. Though there should be seperation tab or line or something to easily distinguish whats vanilla and whats added by the user.
Excellent idea! Like if you have the WWII Asset Pack or Combined Arms. Not sure if that works for the Super Carrier, though it should.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Problem with Training Mission 10: Beyond Visual Range RADAR Modes

Really like the training missions that you have built.  Trying to progress through them so I can enjoy the DCS platform.  I have made it through until mission 10, BVR RADAR Modes.  I have run into a problem and cannot go forward in the mission because the control requirements in the training do not work.  When I get into the mission, I get to the point where I am supposed to change the RADAR scan to a narrow scan (Right Control + -) and the keystrokes do nothing.  Training mission requires that I complete this to move on and there is no control for this.  I checked the control page and looked for Narrow Scan Azimuth and Wide Scan Azimuth and there is nothing in the listing of all the Mode and Sensor control items.  There are several other commands that are called out on the briefing page that do not correlate to the commands within the control listing.  I have added the listing from the Sensors on the controls page.  Anything that I have as On HOTAS has been programmed to my X-56.  Anything that is blank in the combo column is not programmed to anything.  Any help you can give would be great.  Running current version of DCS.

Combo

Command

Category

Hash

On HOTAS

(2) Beyond Visual Range Mode

Modes

d106pnilunilcdnilvdnilvpnilvunil

On HOTAS

(3) Close Air Combat Vertical Scan Mode

Modes

d107pnilunilcdnilvdnilvpnilvunil

On HOTAS

(4) Close Air Combat Bore Mode

Modes

d108pnilunilcdnilvdnilvpnilvunil

(6) Longitudinal Missile Aiming Mode/FLOOD mode

Modes

d110pnilunilcdnilvdnilvpnilvunil

Predicted Target Range Decrease

Sensors

d262pnilunilcdnilvdnilvpnilvunil

Num.

Predicted Target Range Increase

Sensors

d263pnilunilcdnilvdnilvpnilvunil

Back

Radar - Return To Search/NDTWS

Sensors

d1635pnilunilcdnilvdnilvpnilvunil

I

Radar On/Off

Sensors

d86pnilunilcdnilvdnilvpnilvunil

RShift - R; R

RWR/SPO Mode Select

Sensors

d286pnilunilcdnilvdnilvpnilvunil

RAlt - ,; Num3;PageDown

RWR/SPO Sound Signals Volume Down

Sensors

d409pnilunilcdnilvdnilvpnilvunil

RAlt - .; Num9;PageUp

RWR/SPO Sound Signals Volume Up

Sensors

d410pnilunilcdnilvdnilvpnilvunil

RShift - .; Num2

Scan Zone Down

Sensors

dnilp142u230cdnilvdnilvpnilvunil

RShift - ,; Num4

Scan Zone Left

Sensors

dnilp139u230cdnilvdnilvpnilvunil

RShift - /; Num6

Scan Zone Right

Sensors

dnilp140u230cdnilvdnilvpnilvunil

RShift - ;; Num8

Scan Zone Up

Sensors

dnilp141u230cdnilvdnilvpnilvunil

On HOTAS

Target Designator Down

Sensors

dnilp91u235cdnilvdnilvpnilvunil

On HOTAS

Target Designator Left

Sensors

dnilp88u235cdnilvdnilvpnilvunil

On HOTAS

Target Designator Right

Sensors

dnilp89u235cdnilvdnilvpnilvunil

RCtrl - I

Target Designator To Center

Sensors

d92pnilunilcdnilvdnilvpnilvunil

On HOTAS

Target Designator Up

Sensors

dnilp90u235cdnilvdnilvpnilvunil

On HOTAS

Target Lock

Sensors

d100pnilu1627cdnilvdnilvpnilvunil

Unlock TWS Target

Sensors

d143pnilunilcdnilvdnilvpnilvunil

These are the RADAR functions that I have mapped .

RADAR Modes    
RAlt + F5    Auto Lock Nearest Aircraft
RAlt + F6    Auto Lock Center Aircraft
RAlt + F7    Auto Lock Next Aircraft
RAlt + F8    Auto Lock Previous Aircraft
I    RADAR On/Off
 -    RADAR Range Display Zoom Out
 =    RADAR Range Display Zoom In
RCtrl + -    Predicted Target Range Increase
RCtrl + =    Predicted Target Range Decrease
RShift +; (Num8)    RADAR Scan Up
RShift +; (Num2)    RADAR Scan Down
RShift +. (Num4)    RADAR Scan Left
RShift +. (Num6)    RADAR Scan Right
RShift + I    PRF Select
RAlt + I    LRS/TWS Mode Switch
RShift + R    RWR/SPO Mode Select
Ralt + . (Num9)    RWR/SPO Sound Signals Volume Up
Ralt + , (Num3)    RWR/SPO Sound Signals Volume Down
Backspace    Undesignate All TWS Targets
RCtrl + I    Target Designator to Center
6    Longitudinal Missile Aiming Mode (Flood)

1 hour ago, Ghostrider313 said:

RAlt + F5    Auto Lock Nearest Aircraft
RAlt + F6    Auto Lock Center Aircraft
RAlt + F7    Auto Lock Next Aircraft
RAlt + F8    Auto Lock Previous Aircraft

Get rid of these. They are for old abandoned game mode.

This is the one you're looking for: RCtrl + "-" : Predicted Target Range Increase

It's named badly but it makes RWS (LRS) scan narrow (+/-30° azimuth).

Edited by draconus
  • Like 2

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria