[MERGED -OLD BUGS] Forum Cleanup

RAZBAM_ELMO

I quickly downloaded the Mig this morning and took her for a quick test flight before work. It would not let me bind the wheel brake or airbrake to my warthog though. I was in a hurry so I wasn't able to test other key binds. The axis's worked though and I was able fly it.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This can sometime happened with DCS. Try restarting DCS. It sometimes happens to me in the hornet. No idea why

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Happend to me hwne tried to make the bindingd out of the mission (in menu). Did this for the first time. Everyythings perfect so far in mission

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

Not anything to do with Warthog but more of a general issue I have; I can't find the the push to transmit button on throttle in the controls menu, the neutral gear position, military power and afterburner switch on throttle is not listed, the uncage lever for gunsight, no axis for radio volume, and many other switches are not listed in control menu.

i7 7700k, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080, 500 GB NVMe m.2 SSD, Trackir 3 Pro, Gunfighter Mk I w/MCG; Mod. TM Cougar throttle and Mod. CH Pro Pedals w/Pro Micro + MMjoy2, Nostromo n52

• ED Team

I'm gonna bring up a separate thread, since it might either be a huge problem for SRS users, or something completely trivial that doesn't matter at all: the transmit switch on the throttle is clickable, but it doesn't actually bring up the comms menu or do anything at all and the click zone is stuck when the throttle is moved. Conversely, pressing the communications menu button does not not animate the button in cockpit.

I couldn't bind more than a few commands. I had to quite DCS and restart it, next time I did the mapping from the main menu before starting the mission, and also further mapping from a mission and it was fine this time.

The usual problem was there though: silly bindings of buttons that don't exist on the rudder pedals, and so on. Actually all bindings are the same for the thrust lever, joystick and rudder pedals, but I think that's the old usual DCS bug. Clearing the whole categories is the best way to get rid of those.

Not anything to do with Warthog but more of a general issue I have; I can't find the the push to transmit button on throttle in the controls menu, the neutral gear position, military power and afterburner switch on throttle is not listed, the uncage lever for gunsight, no axis for radio volume, and many other switches are not listed in control menu.

I saw the same problem, didn't find any restriction in the manual regarding those commands and obviously they are implemented so I suppose it's just something they forgot.

Also:

The speedbrake switch only works from a key/button binding, it looks like it's possible to use it with the mouse but it doesn't respond to a click (not that it would be practical, it's just strange).

Keyboard next/prev page bindings or even functionality don't work. Most of the kneeboard controls appear in orange in the control option list window and are present twice.

The ARK-5 FAR/NDB Frequency Band Selector Switch does not react to mouse clicks but only to button mapping.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Also, axes for gunsight range adjustment and wingspan appear to not work they show up and respond in controls menu but have no effect in cockpit.

i7 7700k, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080, 500 GB NVMe m.2 SSD, Trackir 3 Pro, Gunfighter Mk I w/MCG; Mod. TM Cougar throttle and Mod. CH Pro Pedals w/Pro Micro + MMjoy2, Nostromo n52

• ED Team

And found another glitch :) The axes for ASP target base, dive angle and target distance don't work at all. Corresponding cockpit controls don't react when these axes are actuated. The target range is the biggest issue, since it pretty much has to be mapped to the throttle grip (and to an analog axis if one is available) for effective optical ranging.

Another issue is that all ASP knobs (range, distance, angle, brightness) can be turned infinitely in both directions, they jump from max to min. Pretty sure that's not how those potentiometers work.

Edited by some1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

It seems that I will have to purchase a Warthog Hotas.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

It seems that I will have to purchase a Warthog Hotas.

Occupational hazard ;)

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

There's only one airbrake function in controls mapping and when activated, it moves both the switch on the throttle and the button on the stick. These should be separate controls as explained in the manual (and as it works in DCS MiG-15).

yep i spotted that also, its been reported internally - thanks

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK the binding issue happened to me earlier also, this isnt specific to any module but a DCS problem, i just restarted DCS and that worked for me

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oxygen valve spins continuously CW and CCW when using mouse wheel, O2 lever for supply mixture not clickable and stuck at 100%, canopy only closes with key press, top right canopy handle not clickable and not animated.

Hello gents,

I've started to fly the MiG a bit and I tried to observe some of the aerodynamic behaviour described in this article: https://hushkit.net/2017/10/30/flying-and-fighting-in-the-mig-19-in-conversation-with-wg-cdr-irfan-masum-part-1/

“The F-86F had automatic leading edge slats, speed operated – a virtue not available to most other fighters around, not even the F-86E. That made the plane extremely manoeuvrable at low speeds. The MiG-19, on the other hand an aerodynamic problem where it would ‘adverse yaw’ at low speeds, often snapping out of hard turns during low speed manoeuvring. One had to assist a hard turn with a bit of inside rudder to keep it from ‘adverse yawing’.

What were it worst qualities?

“There were quite a few bad qualities but the worst, in my opinion, was the thick wing which made transonic speeds (just short of Mach 1) very rough to ride through and almost uncontrollable, although it employed ‘short arm’ and ‘long arm’ technology to cater for it.”

I've haven't really observed any snapping out during hard turns at low speed... as I pull the stick, the aircraft just appears to stall instead of snapping. This snapping behaviour is quite apparent in the MiG-15. Am I the only one observing this or I am doing something wrong? I also haven't noticed transonic speeds to be very rough to ride through.

Will the adverse yaw tuning and transonic speed tuning be part of the FM tuning update?

Keep up the good work... the MiG is a great plane and I hope you guys at Razbam can bring it even closer to the real thing. :)

Edited by Charly_Owl

Hello Razbam,

I've noticed that the Pneumatic Air Valve (left side of the cockpit behind the throttle) keeps rotating for as long as you scroll the mousewheel... going further than the physical limit of the valve. The solution is probably adding an argument limit on the rotation of the valve.

Currently, once it reaches the fully open/fully closed position, you can still rotate it and the cap just resets to the initial valve position.

I can provide a video if my explanation isn't clear enough. :S