[MERGED -OLD BUGS] Forum Cleanup

RAZBAM_ELMO

View from the top, effects are a little moved. Small bug but I noticed it.

Yjfqlbsl.jpg

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Frequency Fine Tuning Handle of the ARK-5P does not correctly move with the mouse wheel.

Sometime no movement and then suddenly jumps.

Left mouse click and move back and fort works, but a bit sensitive.

//*

Maybe also possible to put the current state of the ARK-5P in the Knee board like in F-86/Mig-15

//*

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Day/Night Mode Selector Switch and Lamp Test Button on the T-6 Panel are not functional when moused over and not listed in controls menu.

i7 7700k, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080, 500 GB NVMe m.2 SSD, Trackir 3 Pro, Gunfighter Mk I w/MCG; Mod. TM Cougar throttle and Mod. CH Pro Pedals w/Pro Micro + MMjoy2, Nostromo n52

No neutral for landing gear or landing gear lock in control binds. Landing gear lock can be overridden by pressing mapped "LG UP" key, the lock opens automatically.

i7 7700k, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080, 500 GB NVMe m.2 SSD, Trackir 3 Pro, Gunfighter Mk I w/MCG; Mod. TM Cougar throttle and Mod. CH Pro Pedals w/Pro Micro + MMjoy2, Nostromo n52

Canopy can only be opened/closed by key command, the lever on top right is not functional when moused over.

I had issues with my TM Warthog axes this morning, also. Html5gamepad tester showed everything working and I just had to restart DCS to have it show.

Just wanted to add my +1 here. Repeatable by chance but not reproducible through process.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

Will check and fix

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Speed Brake Switch - Cycle: This is a toggle. It cycles between air brakes ON or OFF.

Speed Brake Switch: This works like a button. When it is down, the air brakes are ON, When it is released (UP), the air brakes are OFF. This allows you to temporarily use the air brakes by pressing/releasing a button in the throttle/stick.

There is a missing Speed Brake Switch for the stick that works in the same way. That will be available on the next update. When this secondary button is available, the keybinds will be:

Speed Brake Switch - Cycle

Speed Brake Switch (Throttle)

Speed Brake Switch (Stick)

The stick air brake switch is subordinated to the throttle, meaning that it is only active if the throttle speed brake switch is in the OFF position.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I guess I am lucky in the fact that all the bindings I set up this morning were working just fine.

I will say that I wish we had a special binding for the 3 position flap switch to match the available flap settings. Not a huge issue but a quality of life item.

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

DCS 2.5.4.28090

I found the landing gear command very confusing too.

When I try to put it back to neutral, as recommended in the manual, it pushes the lever all the way to the other position. So after extracting the landing gear, if I press the key for the lever to go up, or interact with the mouse, it goes all the way and retracts it.

So I assume the 3 bindings (I see them in the config menu, unlike JunMcKill, maybe a side issue?) are only

- to switch from retracted / extracted,

- extract the landing gear

- retract the landing gear

and going to neutral is automatic, not possible manually by the user. Is that correct? Could this be fixed/improved?

JunMcKill, have you checked that you are not in "easy" mode, and have you tried to quit/restart DCS? There are known issue with the command bindings (I had that too at first)

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Command binding / mouse interaction issues

DCS 2.5.4.28090

On top of the landing gear, radio transmit button and some other issues already mentioned, I found those command and binding issues:

- The speedbrake switch only works from a key/button binding, it looks as if it were possible to use it with the mouse (cursor reacts to the button) but it doesn't respond to a click - not that it would be practical, but it's just strange.

- Kneeboard next/prev page bindings and other related functionalities don't work. Most of the kneeboard controls appear in orange in the control option list window and are present twice.

Removing the configuration and starting over doesn't solve the issue, it seems DCS has default commands for the kneeboard, loaded by Mods\aircraft\MiG-19P\Input\MiG-19P\keyboard\default.lua, and the module itself seems to try and register those commands again, which makes them unusable (I can't flip the page, for instance).

[uPDATE] see below, this is apparently another DCS issue that disappeared after a few DCS restarts.

- The ARK-5 FAR/NDB Frequency Band Selector Switch does not react to mouse clicks but only to button mapping.

- The AChS-1 Chronograph Right Knob is confusing too, aren't the left/right click reversed? We have to set the correct position with the left click and start/stop/reset with the right, which is the opposite of other aircraft.

- The Elevator Control (ARU-2V) Mode (Automatic/Manual) is not visible.

- The Afterburner Enable has no effect (tested in cold start training mission), once the afterburner is disabled it cannot be enabled apparently.

[uPDATE] see below, apparently depends on the actions done before, in mission 2 it won't be enabled again and mil lamps don't work, in other conditions it is fine

Edited by Redglyph
updates

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Also, there is a very long delay between the instant the bound key is pressed and the lever is actually moved. At first I thought it was not working.

Zoom in, zoom out:

2OZMarwl.jpg

bdZELUyl.jpg

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Redglyph your kneeboard problems don't seem to be a general issue, it works fine for me. And seeing that you are the only one reporting it so far this might be just on your side.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

I have critical problem with tuning in VR. As I am using mouse as a center point of my view, when i look right on the ARK5. use button as left mouse click on the handle and then look left to tune the ark it increases very low - this way i could move my head like 10x times from one side to another, the second problem with it is, that I can´t physiologically tune clockwise, because when i have my head pointed right, i cant move it even more right, right ? :-)

With this, there is problem that when i have scroll mapped on stick as well, the ARK does not react. The animation of handle is made but not a tune move.

With mouse scroll, it only works when i scroll fast, when slowly just by one click, it does nothing - even another slowly scrolls doesnt help. Should be handled by setting the scroll lines in system, but thats not way how this should be treated. It will worse other scrolls.

Opposite to this problem is when i scroll click once on setting wingspan or angle on ASP. it moves by 4 meters. there its hypersensitive on a low number scale. While od ARK on scale from 640-1300 it is very low and no senstive at all.

currently this making tuning ADF in VR for me unbearable, even when active pause or on the ground. The neck starts to pain before i make the tune from one end to another. In different modules its perfectly controlable by scroll button on stick. And using left mouse click (on stick) and moving sight from side to side once for a big increase/decrease.

I give it a try to set lines to scroll by mouse in Win 10 setings. Had 3 lines (Default) will try to adjust, and report back.

Results:

not a change on either stick use or mouse scroll use when i tripled the lines.

Edited by Wexler

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

DCS 2.5.4.28090

1) When the canopy is closed, the ground crew does not respond to requests.

2) The request is made with the radio (sim) interface, and the voice of the pilot and crew is heard as if it was actually made by radio.

Both behaviour are unexpected/incorrect:

- communication with ground crew is made by gestures when the canopy is closed, and the expected behaviour of the module is that it is always responding with open or close canopy,

- communication with ground crew is not over a fictive radio channel (AFAIK), or if it were the case, there is a need for a pre-defined channel and the pilot would need to turn the battery and radio switches ON.

[uPDATE] When battery and radio are ON, the ground crew respond again => so the problem seems to be some overall incoherency (heard as radio when canopy open and no power, heard as radio when power ON but no predefined channel for intercom, cannot communicate when canopy closed and no power)

2) Also, the static noises are normally not realistic for intercom, those noises are only heard over VHF, UHF and other wavelengths, unless the radio circuit has a serious grounding issue (it's a DCS bug I suppose).

Edited by Redglyph
update