[MERGED -OLD BUGS] Forum Cleanup

RAZBAM_ELMO

Redglyph your kneeboard problems don't seem to be a general issue, it works fine for me. And seeing that you are the only one reporting it so far this might be just on your side.

Good to know, thanks! Interesting, not sure how to fix this nor why it happened.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- The Afterburner Enable has no effect (tested in cold start training mission), once the afterburner is disabled it cannot be enabled apparently.

For me it does but you have to go back with throttle below mil power and than into mil power again to ignite it.

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

Actually the kneeboard problem sorted itself out after a few DCS close/start, so I have no idea what happened, or how it was solved. Maybe one of those transient DCS binding issues? I also had no response to any button after configuring a couple of items the first time the Farmer was installed, and others seem to have had similar problems too. I'll put that in the same bag for now ;)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

For me it does but you have to go back with throttle below mil power and than into mil power again to ignite it.

Tried that and a few other combinations, but no luck. Also, the mil power lamps don't switch on, even thought the RPM are withing the expected range. All that was tested during the cold&start training mission and after, when it was finished.

Not a big problem I suppose.

PS: was also mentioned here, but brushed under the carpet ;) https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233559

PS bis: in another mission, the enable switch works as intended, and the mil power lamps work, so there must be something related to what is performed in mission 2

Edited by Redglyph

Hey,

Radar setting for NIGHT/DAY - seems like now its day when the switch points to NIGHT. (English cockpit)

Pressurization Lever (RH panel) seems function when it is in AFT position (Closed). Shouldnt it be in FORWARD position (open)? like in L39? Or it means Canopy CLOSE position ?:-) Also by this confusion I am not sure if open position for cockpit ventilation is oprative position or inoperative.

Radio switch (LH panel) for listening RADIO ONLY or RADIO+COMPASS - seems like its swapped. Got the beacon sounds on RADIO instead RADIO COMPASS.

Nosewheel brake - I dont know at all which position stands for brake or not. Didnt find anything about it in manual. Only connect it or disconnect it, but what state refers to what ? :-)

Edited by Wexler

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

It should be possible to tune the radio in any mode not only ANT. In fact, probably all tuning switches should be allowed to move regardless if the radio is on or off.

The ANT mode is not for tuning, but for reception of audio signals. It switches the internal circuits, so the radio can't tell the direction of the signal, but the audio reception is better. Therefore it may be advised for the pilot to tune the radio using ANT mode, because the tuning and morse code identification is easier.

In COMP mode the audio reception is still possible, but not as good as in ANT, and the radio automatically orients antenna toward the beacon (hence it's called "automatic").

LOOP mode is just like COMP but the pilot has to manually rotate the antenna, mostly in case of antenna motor malfunction.

If in doubt, check the ARK-5 simulation in MiG-15 or ARN-6 in F-86 Sabre (same system).

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

In COMP you can use Range, freq in MiG-15bis here not, only on ANT.

I agree, it looks like issue.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Dont seem as bug to me. They have it based on some data I would say. otherwise there wont be so much info in manual, training mission etc. That its the same model of instrument, doesnt mean it wasnt revised, or differently installed in A/C. Saying that they should look on mig-15 is kinda disrespectful to them from your side... I guess they definatly did in the past.

Edit: That you cant move the radio switches in comp mode is probably to learn user that it wasnt suppose to do it. So probably theres a point in why u think its bugged. You should broke the thing in simulation, rather than to be prevented from it.

Edited by Wexler

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

The manual was a good read, however, a bit too short for my taste but that's ok.

Here are some notes regarding missing information/words/explanation, etc.:

(Note that some of these are not really important, but I thought I let you know at least)

- Page 17: There is an image of 50 items on the front panel. Item 50 is not explained in the items list below.

- Page 25: Below the image of the Marker Lamp, there it says: (In DCS Word as in real life the...). It says "Word", not "World".

- Page 45: Point number 6: ... (Flaps will move to the 25º Takeoff Position). I believe, 25º is the landing position, not takeoff.

- Page 48: It reads like this: (... the Landing Gear can be used in case the of Hydraulic System Failure.) Might wanna correct the sentence.

- Page 80: Some LH / RH items are mixed up?

- Page 84: Point 9: (... At -30ºC the Engine Idle RPM should be not be less than...) Might wanna correct the phrase there.

- Page 86: Point 5: (The “Afterburner” Lamp for the respective Engine should turn illuminate.) Might wanna correct the phrase - "should illuminate".

- Page 95: Lower part of the page: (the “PUMP TANK 3” and “PUMP TANK 4” Switches will turn illuminate.) Again, "will illuminate".

- Page 95: The word "have" is missing here: (When the “REST 550L” Red Lamp illuminates on the T-6 Warning Panel, the Aircraft should enough Fuel)

- Page 96: Under Flight With Drop Tanks, it reads: (Maximum permissible IAS during with External Fuel...) during "flight" is missing.

- Page 156: Under Prototypes, last sentence reads: (the first flight was only performed at the in March 1952.) at where?

There are other tiny spelling mistakes, but really unworthy of mentioning unless you want ot have them.

Thanks for the module :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

No Key Binding for Nose Wheel Brake

As per the title.

The Nose wheel brake lever is impossible to see in a dark cockpit. I have a warthog hotas and I see many other bindings missing as reported here.

Please review and repair asap.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

Hey some1. AFAIK the system is modelled in MiG-15 in an incorrect way. The one on MiG-19 is closer to the reality (although IIRC you can "store" only one frequency in real life, not two).

First version of training I've done was based on the MiG-15 way of implementing things, but then we found out it was wrong and had to re-do the whole training from scratch...

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• ED Team

The EUP-53 is a turn rate indicator, showing the rate of turn in degrees per minute assuming the ground speed of 500 km/h. What you've implemented in game is a roll rate indicator. It stays at zero during actual turn.

Here's how it should work. Notice how the needle travels left and right when it's rotated in yaw axis.

EDIT: Embedding is broken, here's the link:

Edited by m4ti140

They have already said tweaks will be made...........

But on what time scale?

giphy.gif

Back to OP, mig 19 worth it?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

It is there but under axis commands. The wheel brake is a lever so it's operated like an axis. Works fine using my mcg grip.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I bound a button to landing hear up/down (cycle) single binding and notice it will return to neutral by itself. If you bind a button to landing gear down and then another button to landing gear up you will have to make sure it goes to neutral by using your mouse. I prefer the up/down cycle binding as this returns it to neutral for you.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I use gear up and gear down and it centers the lever, as well. However, I would rather have control of the lever, as the -21 is, to maintain muscle memory and be accurate in the airframe.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist