[USER ERROR} Cold Start INS Alignment

Bruce_D

Hi guys,

Hope that everybody is ok.

After the November 4th update I can not align the INS from cold start any more. When I go to EHSD -> DATA the screen turns black and I don’t know what to do anymore.

I’ve tried to click on the buttons positions and waited 3 minutes, but the screens continues black.

Can anybody check?

Tks

EHSD.trk

I just tried the cold and dark black sea map, and it started up fine, the ins alignment went smooth. I did notice that the map appeared before the alignment had completed, but i did then faf around with the sysmbol brightness, contrast and gain and had something a bit weird... all of the eshd symbology turned red.

I just tried the cold and dark black sea map, and it started up fine, the ins alignment went smooth. I did notice that the map appeared before the alignment had completed, but i did then faf around with the sysmbol brightness, contrast and gain and had something a bit weird... all of the eshd symbology turned red.

Do you export the mfd to other monitors? Can you share a track, please?

The symbology turns red when you're in the EHSD - Data page as of nov 4th patch, so that part is normal afaik. It goes back to yellow/green when you click the DATA button again.

• Like 1

The symbology turns red when you're in the EHSD - Data page as of nov 4th patch, so that part is normal afaik. It goes back to yellow/green when you click the DATA button again.

You can change the color via selection of MAPM and the bottom row should be an MPCD OSB labeled COLOR.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

You can change the color via selection of MAPM and the bottom row should be an MPCD OSB labeled COLOR.

Ah alright, hadn't found that function yet. I'll think I'll be fiddling around with it, as the default yellow/green has pretty poor contrast against the moving map. That was actually the reason I couldn't figure out how to operate it back when I first tried the AV-8BNA...