AIM-54 no launch warning?

Coxy_99

It gives no pitbull warning, its literally a BVR Fox 2 rn.

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

The devs are aware:

A new confirmed bug now seems to be no RWR warning for aim-54s, too.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Confirmed, at least 1 out of the possibly 3 new bugs introduced with the latest patch.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

• 2 weeks later...

So in that video we can see the F15 RWR has picked up the 14 spike, which is good. If the 14 launched in TWS, there should be nothing extra on the F15 RWR. Only when the 54 goes active should a U then pop up on the F15 RWR.Is that the bug, no U?

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

Actually the F-15 RWR specifically does pick up AIM-54s from my testing, but that is the bug yes, no "U" on F-16/18 RWRs

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

This game braking bug for MP is still there, F-14s even were removed from servers after previous patch, and now after weeks without it in servers, the bug still there after yesterday's patch.

AIM-54s don't give RWR warning when pitbull after launched in TWS. Fix it please.

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"

• 6 months later...

I can confirm this problem is still present in the latest release (DCS 2.7.1.7139 Open Beta - 03.06.2021). There are no warnings of a AIM-54 going active on RWR or SPO.

Could someone from the ED team confirm if this is being looked at?

It is an important issue that affects both SP and MP.

Thanks in advance.

On 11/19/2020 at 8:31 PM, Chimango said:

This game braking bug for MP is still there, F-14s even were removed from servers after previous patch, and now after weeks without it in servers, the bug still there after yesterday's patch.

AIM-54s don't give RWR warning when pitbull after launched in TWS. Fix it please.

lol. AGAIN ? 
This happened before . 

• 5 months later...

Sorry to necro, but can confirm this is still in place. Flying along in the SU-25T with the RWR indicating nothing but search modes, then suddenly I'm an expanding ball of debris and fire. Wondered what the hell happened, assumed some IR missile I'd been completely unaware of, nope, F-14 firing the AIM-54.

41 minutes ago, ZuluThreeZero said:

Sorry to necro, but can confirm this is still in place. Flying along in the SU-25T with the RWR indicating nothing but search modes, then suddenly I'm an expanding ball of debris and fire. Wondered what the hell happened, assumed some IR missile I'd been completely unaware of, nope, F-14 firing the AIM-54.

Well, I gather the RWR was not updated yet and is on the level of early 80s.

At least it should give you the pitbul warning.

IMHO: I would expect that sooner or later they would be able to detect missile data link transmissions as well, but I suspect this is not how DCS models except for R-27(E)R (if I got it right this is indicated by missile launch, since they turn immediately once the missile leaves the airplane).

Edited by okopanja

2 hours ago, okopanja said:

At least it should give you the pitbul warning.

It should, especially given that the seeker operates in the X-Band (unlike AMRAAM, for which you may need hardware upgrades because it operates on much higher frequency)

2 hours ago, okopanja said:

IMHO: I would expect that sooner or later they would be able to detect missile data link transmissions as well, but I suspect this is not how DCS models except for R-27(E)R (if I got it right this is indicated by missile launch, since they turn immediately once the missile leaves the airplane).

Detecting the datalink is irrelevant in this case.  It's a signal embedded inside all the other radar signals and doesn't tell you anything other than 'this radar is in search but is also transmitting data'.  It matters more if that radar is in STT.  There is the possibility of warning when the radar is in TWS but that's very dependent on things like the known TWS update rate and volume vs. other search modes.  Given that the F-14 can cover huge amounts of volume with its radar, there's no point in warning anyone that data is being transmitted ... Phoenix in flight will be assumed.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

53 minutes ago, okopanja said:

Which combined with the knowledge of the launch platform appends the following truth: '... which are used to guide a missile aimed at you or someone else'.

You know this just by the presence of the platform, so nothing new.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda