Shifting modules for stable to beta and visa versa

I was under the impression that modules would transfer from DCS to DCS Beta and visa versa if you had downloaded them to one.

Both versions seem to want to download the modules each, doubling my download quota. That's a problem for me because I'm on a metered internet contract.

Anyone have any ideas?

I've tried the Skiatezilla, I've tried copying them over one to the other (which realy doesn't like being done).

That sounds normal to me. The version of a module in DCS may not be the same as the one in Beta, so it could require you to have two versions of the same aircraft installed.

EDIT: It should first look on the computer to see what modules are already present, and copy them to the new installation. It won't be a complete copy as mentioned, but it should still search. Does it not do that for you?

@filthymanc That's not an impression. DCS_updater.exe searches for existing local files before downloading them from the internet. Still does: I've just checked by removing MiG-15bis from OB.

823517814_Untitled1.png.05e531c335172438d1cc0849fe72f0d5.png

randomTOTEN must be right: if files are different between stable and OB, DCS_updater.exe has no other choice than to download each version of the module from the internet.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

The Stable and Openbeta are indeed complete different installs as mentioned above. There isn't much you can do about it. The installer already tries to update only the changes/delta before downloading new files.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)