Operator seat not operational

HawgDawg4Life

2.5.6.57264 killed the ability to jump into the operator seat for the huey. I swear that ED hates, HATES, huey pilots. We put up with quite a bit. Broken gunners for the better part of a year, nurfing the guns to the point where one on one battles with a BTR-80 are nearly impossible, and now taking away the ability to battle from the operator seat, which, if you have EVER flown in the huey, you would realize is the main method of combat. Especially if you use VR, the eye tracking capability has been KILLED. Why? for the roll-out of multi-crew? That would be great except that its at the expense of the pilot in a HUGE way. Personally, i would rather have the operator seat back vs multi-crew, and I have been waiting and wanting multi-crew for years.

HawgDawg4life of MSFlights.net

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Some things are broken (altimeter, texture, sight of the co-pilot descending alone) but are also repaired (texture),

but alas, the UH-1H does not seem to be the priority over planes ... (altimeter is broken since August ... and however since a release is out DCS 2.5.6.55960 - 09.10.2020...)

But with the latest Open Beta 2.5.6.57264, jumping into the co-pilot's seat, using the flexible and firing with or without the autopilot works perfectly for me ...

The LALT + LSHIFT + Q cargo camera or the RCTRL + RSHIT + P cargo view also works.

Some things are broken (altimeter, texture, sight of the co-pilot descending alone) but are also repaired (texture, sight of the co-pilot descending alone),

but alas, the UH-1H does not seem to be the priority over planes ... (altimeter is broken since August ... and however since a release is out DCS 2.5.6.55960 - 09.10.2020...)

But with the latest Open Beta 2.5.6.57264, jumping into the co-pilot's seat, using the flexible and firing with or without the autopilot works perfectly for me ...

The LALT + LSHIFT + Q cargo camera or the RCTRL + RSHIT + P cargo view also works.

LALT+LSHIFT+Q is not the cargo cam , the cargo cam was a top down picture in picture view beneath the huey, which was broken due to a patch at the same time the gazelle tv screen was broken , gazelle was fixed, huey cam was just removed , easy option for lazy devs

• Like 1

See post : https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/digital-combat-simulator/dcs-uh-1h-huey/221084-mod-uh-1h-enabled-keys-and-buttons#post3622861

You just need to add the keyboard and joystick shortcuts LCTRL + LSHIFT + C

Tested and still functional

Thanks for suggesting that, I came here to do it myself, but you beat me.

I just updated to the latest beta and nothing was changed in the original files, so I figured it would still work (didn't test it yet myself). Thanks also for the confirmation.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

See post : https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/english/digital-combat-simulator/dcs-uh-1h-huey/221084-mod-uh-1h-enabled-keys-and-buttons#post3622861

You just need to add the keyboard and joystick shortcuts LCTRL + LSHIFT + C

Tested and still functional

I have this mod in OVGME but have never got it to work, that is probably my fault , but that is not the point I am mad that ed just removed a feature rather than fix it , I should not have to fiddle with the game code in order to get what I once had

My experience is only from SP.

For I won't stand up for ED on the Huey's broken things :smilewink: The problem is not that it happens, but the delay in getting it fixed....

The function is not really removed, replaced by default by a positioning indicator ... know if it's better, it's everyone's taste but leave the keyboard / button shortcut did not bother.

Other keyboard or button shortcuts are missing, but luckily the code is accessible, customizable and the community is here to help.

• 2 weeks later...

Just glad its not just me.

Weird stuff though. My huey is completely gone from the sim... Just up and disappeared. Look though the logs and it says that the scripting plugin to install the huey during the update failed cuz : Not Authorized.

My first thought was, Hmmm. They didnt like my post so much that they took my huey away. lol. I have a trouble ticket open now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a feeling that people's mission have accidentally had the Solo Flight option checked in the Mission Editor now (become present recently). With that enabled, you can't switch to the "Operator" positions...well, because you are in a solo flight :lol:

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Ok so there is another thread reporting this problem. Myself and 3 other squad mates have stated they cant use the operator seat as well.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

I have a feeling that people's mission have accidentally had the Solo Flight option checked in the Mission Editor now (become present recently). With that enabled, you can't switch to the "Operator" positions...well, because you are in a solo flight :lol:

Wouldnt that keep you from using the door gunners too? Because I can use the door gunners, just not the copilot seat.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Never heard of such a thing, so I checked in the mission editor, The option did not get checked. Not that I expected as much, cuz you can get in the copilot seat in single player, just not multiplayer. Here is the deal. I am sure this is part of the multiplayer multi-user capability, however, when noone is in the seat, the pilot has to be able to jump into the seat or use the front weapons as fixed only, which SUCKS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry, but where exactly is this setting located?

I have searched and searched, in ME and elsewhere, but can not find it?

I'm on latest beta as of today.

(no biggie for me, I'm a pure SP guy, just curious since I can't find it...)

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

You find it under the most right option tab:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tScreen_201128_181621.png Views:\t0 Size:\t2.00 MB ID:\t7156099","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"7156099","data-size":"custom","height":"563","title":"Screen_201128_181621.png","width":"1000"}[/ATTACH]

Aha, found it! Thanks.

The thing is, I had looked there before and I looked there now, but no such option. Then I disabled all my MODs and there it was.

I have to go through all MODs to see if I can find the correct file and correct it. I always compare my MODed files to new original ones after every update and make sure only the only difference are the MODed parts. Must have missed this. How long have this been present? I did a quick Google and got indications it may have been around since 1.5.x?!

Edit:

Yeah, it's been around since 1.5.6, but it was for the L-39, not the Huey. Must be a Huey specific file then. Investigating.

Edit 2:

Found it!

It was upuaut's "Addon Tents, Watchtower, UH-1-Cargo" MOD causing this issue.

For anyone using that MOD and seeing this, do following:

The file is the 'AB-212ASW.lua' located in [MOD zip or folder]\Scripts\Database\helicopters.

At line 100, add following as a new line:

{ id = "SoloFlight" , control = 'checkbox' , label = _('Solo Flight'), playerOnly = true, defValue = false},

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5