New Install Question

Mad Dog 7.62

I am installing DCS on a new computer, from scratch. Can I just copy my saved games folder from my old install in its entirety to the new install?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

What? That makes no sense. I am talking about the saved games folder where the mods and input settings are, not the main game file.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

What? That makes no sense. I am talking about the saved games folder where the mods and input settings are, not the main game file.

Yes I think he is wrong, it should work fine. You may need to re-assign your controls by clicking "load" or whatever it is in the input assignment and selecting the correct files.

Sorry, I read too fast. I thought you meant the whole folder. Yes, I agree it will work. I do it all the time.

Buzz

The controller addressing (USB device address) will be different and most likely need to be redone. There could be other issues depending on your install. You may want to run DCS on the new machine before attempting the copy so the new install can build a fresh saved games folder. Then attempt to copy it all or partially. There are some folders, like the shaders that you don't want to copy