different headings in NAV, A2A and A2G HUD modes...

D4n

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 3 weeks later...

I have sometimes experienced the same, but believe it happens when you start moving the plane around too quickly after powering the hud. I usually wait a few minutes - while rearming, adjusting radios, checking map etc. And then check on ground that the headings are calibrated correctly and equally before starting engines and taking of.

• 2 months later...

I remember reading somewhere you do have to sit for 3 minutes after starting for the alignment to complete.  Being an FC3 type there is no alignment switchology to perform, it just happens in the background once started.

The Su-25A is the same IIRC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

• 3 months later...

There is still a bug here though. Even if the plane needs 3 Minutes to align it's INS that should affect the Navigation HUD in the same way as it does affect the AG and AA modes. The bug is therefore that the heading of the Nav Hud is always correct even where it should not be.

It would be really nice if that could be fixed since it was really confusing for me as a new player, especially because you usually take of with the Nav HUD only to then discover in flight that your alignment is not correct....

• Like 1