FINAL HP REVERB G2 - Unboxing & First Impressions - Is it even better now?

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

FINAL HP REVERB G2 - Q&A - ASK ME ANYTHING - Is THIS The Best VR Headset On The Market?

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

Relatively small adjustment range for IPD (60-68mm).

Check IPD with your optician! Anyone with IPD larger than 68mm should be careful ... correct IPD is a must. Incorrect IPD in eyewear, beside guaranteed eyestrain and headache is very bad for your eyesight in the long run. That's the reason why IPD is one of the most important measurement for prescription glasses.

• Like 1

[video=youtube_share;pRAW-Nzk8y4]

Wow - nearly 200 minutes of video just in those 3 video's. That's a lot of info there.

Is there a simple summary of the findings for those of us that don't have that time to spare watching hours of you tube clips please? :)

Well, considering the price, I'd rather watch them all than make the wrong choice...

Wow - nearly 200 minutes of video just in those 3 video's. That's a lot of info there.

Is there a simple summary of the findings for those of us that don't have that time to spare watching hours of you tube clips please? :)

It's YouTube. In some bizarre paradoxical twist, it's more work to edit one's videos to relevant info than to simply post lengthy monologues.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Relatively small adjustment range for IPD (60-68mm).

Check IPD with your optician! Anyone with IPD larger than 68mm should be careful ... correct IPD is a must. Incorrect IPD in eyewear, beside guaranteed eyestrain and headache is very bad for your eyesight in the long run. That's the reason why IPD is one of the most important measurement for prescription glasses.

It will be sweet for me :)

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

It's YouTube. In some bizarre paradoxical twist, it's more work to edit one's videos to relevant info than to simply post lengthy monologues.

LOL.

I don't really have problems with people who do video's like that, and people who have the time to sit down and enjoy them. Obviously there's been a lot of work and thought put in to make ~3hrs worth of content, and the world is a very diverse with people in all different points in their lives and those video's no doubt serve many people well.

Just that there are others of us who don't have ~3hrs to justify on a single persons review, and I was kinda hoping that someone who did have the time to sit down could have bullet pointed out what they got out from it so me and those like me could still get the basic overview - instead of nothing. That being said, if not - I'm sure there will be other shorter reviews out soon, and I'll be able to glean 4 or 5 different people's opinion in less than an hours view-time. I certainly wasn't attacking the OP's video's - just looking for a summary on what they contain and a summary of the findings, that was all.

LOL.

I don't really have problems with people who do video's like that, and people who have the time to sit down and enjoy them. Obviously there's been a lot of work and thought put in to make ~3hrs worth of content, and the world is a very diverse with people in all different points in their lives and those video's no doubt serve many people well.

Just that there are others of us who don't have ~3hrs to justify on a single persons review, and I was kinda hoping that someone who did have the time to sit down could have bullet pointed out what they got out from it so me and those like me could still get the basic overview - instead of nothing. That being said, if not - I'm sure there will be other shorter reviews out soon, and I'll be able to glean 4 or 5 different people's opinion in less than an hours view-time. I certainly wasn't attacking the OP's video's - just looking for a summary on what they contain and a summary of the findings, that was all.

It was worth it for me, I learned valuable thing that even HP retailers didn't let out, after calling them and emailing them: One doesn't have to use the G2 controllers to access the G2 menus, one can do it with a mouse, which means, I can order it this month and it will save me £120, which is <> an extra 32GB of RAM...

LOL.

Don't forget, you can always crank the video speed to 2X. In general, much much better sweet spot than G1 with better colors and more comfort. Speakers are much better as well. I'm going to test my G2 tomorrow (have G1)

• Like 2

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Hello! Will I be able to run DCS on the HP Reverb G2 without Steam? My account is just not on Steam (

I don't think so. the headset has its own software but either Steam VR or Windows Mixed Reality give you access to different games and stuff which are not on the G2 support software.

Hello! Will I be able to run DCS on the HP Reverb G2 without Steam? My account is just not on Steam (

You don't need a DCS Steam setup to use SteamVR. It's independent.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Thanks. I have a separate account from steam, through the official website. So I can run it together with steam vr?

The information for playing DCS on steam are pn their website. From what I know (I have a steam account) they give a good support for DCS and even the G2, I am not using it at the moment because I use a CV1 and I don't play any other game apart for DCS, so I don't need steam, but you can install Steam and I think they provide with some good features for both DCS and G2.

You don't need the Steam version of DCS . But you do need to download STEAM VR , and for that i'm pretty sure you need a steam account.

So yes, you need a steam account , but you don't need to have DCS on that steam account.

The DCS non-steam version will work fine.

So all you need STEAM-account for is to download Steam VR.

Thank you guys very much! I will hope that there will be no problems, I will wait for my hp reverb)

In any case if not Stream you can use Windows Mixed Reality.

My Reverb G2 should be arriving tomorrow. Excited to get it in DCS with the new PC! I've heard awesome things from the guys in our group that already have theirs!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

My Reverb G2 should be arriving tomorrow. Excited to get it in DCS with the new PC! I've heard awesome things from the guys in our group that already have theirs!

Cool! I hope some of you will do some good reviews with clear shots through lenses...

For DCS i'm pretty sure you need both Windows mixed reality AND steam VR.

So like i said, you need a steam account.

But, your DCS game does not have to be the steam version.

I don't know what difference it would make between the Oculus CV1 I am using now and the G2, but for your info, I use neither Windows mixed reality nor steam VR and it works just fine for me.

The only apps I'm using at the moment are Oculus Tray Tool, MSI Afterburner, and AMD Ryzen Master, plus I saw several videos of G2 users, some mentioned the functionality of Steam VR but never Windows Mixed reality.

HP mentions those app for "access across all VR content", they do not say that you need them for a game you already have installed running just fine with another headset, they also say that it is compatible with them, not that you need them, so I have contacted System Active support and asked them.

https://systemactive.co.uk/online/product-category/hp/hp-reverb-g2/