Collective Threshold & Collective Brake

In the settings for the Mi-8 there are 2 settings that I hadn't noticed before: Collective Threshold for Alt. Hold and Collective Break Mode. Neither in the manual nor in Chuck's Guide can I find anything about it. What are the functions of these settings? Can any of you explain this in more detail? Thx

Unbenannt.JPG.8df7fce05a0b672c95d3e9cd47007f59.JPG

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

In the settings for the Mi-8 there are 2 settings that I hadn't noticed before: Collective Threshold for Alt. Hold and Collective Break Mode. Neither in the manual nor in Chuck's Guide can I find anything about it. What are the functions of these settings? Can any of you explain this in more detail? Thx

I haven't seen these myself before, and I just noticed them. I believe that in the real Mi-8 and Ka-50, you have to press the collective brake handle to move the collective, and it will also "set altitude" if you've turned on altitude hold.

I'm gonna test a little, my guess is that if you map a button as the collective brake, you need to press this to move the collective at all, if that option is selected under the special menu.

Someone else my might give a better explanation though.

Cheers! ????

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Manual and Chuck's guide are quite old, while these options were added only a couple of recent patches ago. Without any explanation though :/. Maybe Russian section of the forum holds an answer, but I haven't tried searching there.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

From US Army Mi-17 Operators Manual. (2007)

2-31.1 Pilot’s Collective Stick

The pilot’s collective stick (Figure 2-2) is mounted on the cockpit floor to the left of the pilot’s seat. The stick includes the twist-grip throttle control with friction adjustment (11), covered control buttons for external cargo emergency jettison (9) and normal release (12), a spring-loaded N2 trim INCR/ DECR switch (7), a searchlight control button (10), and a CLUTCH RELEASE button (13). A hydraulic clutch holds the stick securely in any position, allowing the pilot to make smooth pitch adjustments and preventing the stick from creeping. Ordinarily, the clutch is adjusted manually using the handwheel (5) to allow the stick to be moved, without releasing the clutch, with a force of 45 to 55 lb. The CLUTCH RELEASE button activates the hydraulic clutch release system, allowing the stick to be moved with a force no greater than 3.3 lb. When the button is released, the clutch re-engages. The CLUTCH RELEASE button also disengages the autopilot altitude channel. The clutch release circuit is powered by 27 VDC. The ECLs are mounted on the left side of the collective bracket.

• Thanks 1

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Very interesting.

I wonder if the hind has this too?

Mi-8 just keeps giving.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

The MI-8 is Belsimtek's love song to the entire community.

Nothing they produced is as complete and perfect.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...