Hi guys,

Heaving troubls beating the mission 5. I want to do it properly and actually hit the train with the bombs, at last a bit. But it is quite difficult, the flak coverage is quite large and they alwais shoot me down. And you can't use your mates for cover since they follow you, so you are first flaks start shooting at. And they do not engage the train until you with them get close and order them to do it, so though luck...

Is there a "recomended" approach vector? Or a way how author picture it? I'm trying to follow the briefing so I'm in angels 12, following the waypoints.

I noticed that with the new DM, the Spit and the Mustang lose their engine VERY easily. I reported it to ED already. I mean such a bombing attack shouldn't be easy, but I'm pretty sure the new DM is somewhat bugged.

In the meantime, approach at 10-15k feet, dive bomb, pull out at 7-8k feet. Before you begin, order your wingmen to "engage primary" and the second flight to do the same using the F10 radio menu. Follow them if you want, and attack together. Also, don't fly straight and level for any amount of time.

Let me know if it works.

• 6 months later...

Are there any targets at the rail yard which upon damaged or killed result in a mission trigger?  Meaning if i miss a target is there a chance I'm missing out on some action? The only thing i see about this mission is the boring flight across the water. Boring due to being lead. At least when i follow it gives me something to do which is staying in formation. Plus no radio chatter on the way across. Radio silence? Now this could be my fault. i didn't have the generator on for part of the crossing. That may of affected the radio to a degree.   Then once at the rail yard, i shoot up a few trucks and train cars and nothing happens. during the runin, i get a call about some fighters in the area,  but they never made it close to the target area. Just curious if there is more to this story. I really liked miz 3, as i flew in formation with lots of radio traffic to listen to on the long flight.

Dave.

These missions were even longer and more boring in real life. Usually in complete radio silence - but you’ll get some chatter in the campaign. 

the mission is a success as long as you make it back to England. 

yes there is a call about fighters and you should meet them if you react quickly. 

5 hours ago, Reflected said:

These missions were even longer and more boring in real life. Usually in complete radio silence - but you’ll get some chatter in the campaign. 

I understand that. I'm not slamming the mission it's self. I'm just saying my opinion that i personally prefer to fly not as lead as it gives me something to do while making that treck across the pond. Maintaining formation alone makes the time go by a lot quicker.

- so okay, unlike mission 3 where there are radio sounds and music practically the entire way this mission is bassically quiet.  That's fine, just checking cause like i said my generator was off. So i didn't miss anything. 

5 hours ago, Reflected said:

yes there is a call about fighters and you should meet them if you react quickly.

I think there was another group of friendlies which took these guys on. By the time i followed in my flights to do the bombing run, all the enemy fighters were spashed.

It all happens around the same time.

- can you PM me the trigger which starts the ATA battle? That way you won't spoil it for others,  but i may be able to avoid that trigger till I'm ready to take on some 109's.

Thanks for the responce.  I like the mission, just comparing miz 3 to 5.

Dave. : )

The fighters are called in several minutes after you reach the target, I’m always able to get there just after those 2 groups merge. 
again, nothing is mandatory, you don’t HAVE TO achieve anything, it’s ip to you as a leader - sorry, from now on you’re the lead. Don’t follow your flight in, give them orders and lead the way 😉

9 hours ago, Reflected said:

The fighters are called in several minutes after you reach the target

Ah ok. Cool. I had circled the target area before ordering the attack. Waisting time lol.  I'll fly it again today.

9 hours ago, Reflected said:

you don’t HAVE TO achieve anything, it’s ip to you as a leader

I know. Just surviving is winning these days : ). Thanks for the help.  I'm keeping these forums alive for you.  Lol.

Dave.